TRIMSTONES -- February 2019

Beka3695
Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
edited January 2019 in Social Groups
Welcome TRIMSTONE CHALLENGERS

This chat room provides a place for the CHALLENGERS to meet and chat about the challenge, discuss any issues, post comments, share ideas, etc...

We are beginning the FEBRUARY Challenge - We have five (5) teams returning this month and a NEW expansion team – SHRINKING ASSETS!!

Our group and team leaders for the FEBRUARY Challenge are as follows;

Our Moderators;
Steve - @steplaj (Group Owner, Moderator)
Becky - @Beka3695 (Moderator)
Greg - @Navydaddjtc (Moderator)
Maricela - @mari_moulin (Moderator)

Our Team Captains;
[*] Team Workout Warriors - @Navydaddjtc and @steplaj
[*] Team Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @Kres567
[*] Team Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cyndiesstuff
[*] Team WaistAways - @Jugar and OPEN
[*] Team Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
[*] Team Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @Beka3695

Our Motivators
[*] Team Workout Warriors - @Goinhard64 and OPEN
[*] Team Mission Slimpossibles - @UTMom81and @tess5036
[*] Team WaistAways - @jan110144 (Motivator)and OPEN SLOT
[*] Team Weight No More - @ihp2015 and @Mrsbell8well
[*] Team Trimstones - OPEN SLOT and OPEN SLOT
[*] Team Shrinking Assets - @KelGen02 and @melissafeagins

Captain’s responsibilities include:
* Entering weights for your team into the spreadsheet.
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Post daily / weekly challenges and topics to promote team involvement and help keep the team engaged.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Remind your challengers to enter their weights on time by tagging them or messaging them when they are pending.
* Answering any questions that may come up about challenges, weigh-ins, the spreadsheets etc.

Motivator’s Responsibilities include:
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Coordinate with your awesome team captains to see if they can use any assistance or if they have any specific tasks they feel you can assist with.

F2F-WLC CHALLENGES:
- - WEEKLY GROUP CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by teams for the entire group)
- - MODERATOR'S CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by the moderators of the group)
- - INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGES (Challenges within teams themselves)

This Month’s Weekly Team Challenges provided by: (Team captains, please be ready with each weeks challenge...)
Week 1 – Team SHRINKING ASSETS
Week 2 - Team WORKOUT WARRIORS
Week 3 - Team MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES
Week 4 - Team TRIMSTONES

(Note:The team order for challenges follows the team order in the group standing sheet on the spreadsheets)

HOW OUR CHALLENGES WORK:
We have 3 total possible challenges and NONE are mandatory. Our challengers can do none or all it's up to them. So we have...

The F2F Weekly TEAM Challenge - posted each week on Sunday in the announcements by the team who is assigned that particular week (see above for your week). This is for the F2F Group as a whole.

F2F Moderators Challenge/Topic of the week - This challenge is provided each week in the announcements area. One of the moderators will either provide a challenge that will involve anything fitness, health, and nutrition.

Individual Team challenges - these are challenge done within your own team. You can chose daily, weekly, or monthly challenges (weekly seems to work best). You can make this whatever you wish as long as it's health and fitness related.

Note: If for some reason your team is unable to provide the weekly challenge please let me know ahead of time so another team can take your place or so I can provide the challenge.

Good Luck Teams: Please let us know if there is anything wrong or if you notice something that needs to be fixed or modified. Everything seems ready to go for FEBRUARY. Registrations are almost done and we have quite a few new challengers. Make sure you are going into your new team threads to welcome anyone who has started posting. Let’s make our newbies feel welcome and show them some F2F love!!
THANKS YOUR MODS

Replies

• mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Stay in January thread until Feb 3rd.
  • JesusGirl62
    JesusGirl62 Posts: 9,481 Member
    @Navydaddjtc prayers and good thoughts for you and your family.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,778 Member
    Did my monthly body composition analysis today, not the results I wanted but its also not super accurate, so its ok, according to it, Im down a pound dom last month, but up 0.4% BF. The guy who runs it though has diffrent challenges each month and he gave me a diffrent one from everyone else because I do workout more than others and have specific goals other than lose weight, so this month Im working on reducing my sugar consumption. avoid anything with added sugar, avoid things with more than 8g or sugar per serving, unless they dont come with a lable (fruit, ect) and avoid white foods like bread, chips, muffins, tortillas, ect. the other is stick to real foods as much as possible, which is natural made foods vs, man made foods (which I do pretty well already), so we will see how this goes
  • Ahanaz
    Ahanaz Posts: 353 Member
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    Did my monthly body composition analysis today, not the results I wanted but its also not super accurate, so its ok, according to it, Im down a pound dom last month, but up 0.4% BF. The guy who runs it though has diffrent challenges each month and he gave me a diffrent one from everyone else because I do workout more than others and have specific goals other than lose weight, so this month Im working on reducing my sugar consumption. avoid anything with added sugar, avoid things with more than 8g or sugar per serving, unless they dont come with a lable (fruit, ect) and avoid white foods like bread, chips, muffins, tortillas, ect. the other is stick to real foods as much as possible, which is natural made foods vs, man made foods (which I do pretty well already), so we will see how this goes

Sounds like lazy keto to me ;)
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    edited February 2019
    Hi everyone!!
    First month of 2019 is already over!! Let's welcome February, hope it's fabulous to all of us!! My numbers on scale was not that pleasant today but I guessed so as I finally continued my weight lifting session after 3 months gap. My legs have not recovered from the Wednesday's session and today's next session!! One great effect of heavy lifting is that you can fall asleep effortlessly.

Mustb60
    Weigh in Friday
    Week 1
    Past weight 169.5
    Today's weight 171 lbs

• JesusGirl62
    Happy February everyone ❣️
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Shrinking Assets is the host team for the WEEK 1 GROUP CHALLENGE

Please click the link below and pick 5 items to commit to for the coming week.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10724169/february-week-1-group-challenge-small-changes-pick-5/p1?new=1
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 459 Member
    AmiC0717
    Weigh in Friday Week 1
    PW 210.4
    CW 207.2
    Happy February and if you're in the frozen tundra like me stay warm!
  • Ahanaz
    @mulecanter May I please have Sunday's as weigh-in instead, as that's when I do all my measurements anyway?
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Ahanaz wrote: »
    @mulecanter May I please have Sunday's as weigh-in instead, as that's when I do all my measurements anyway?

done
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,778 Member
    angmarie28 wrote: »

Sounds like lazy keto to me ;)

No, I love carbs too much to do anything close to keto, but im doing this because I LOVE my carbs, so trying to stick to whole wheats instead of over processes stuff. I still consume plenty of carbs, lol
  • Ahanaz
    mulecanter wrote: »

done

Thank you!
  • SaraMakingChanges
    SaraMakingChanges Posts: 178 Member
    edited February 2019
    Moving my weigh in back to the Jan page. Oops! 😬
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Week 1
    Sunday
    PW: 198.6
    CW: 199.8
    Was a low ambition week. No desire to cook or move. Better week coming up!
  • JesusGirl62
    @Ever_J those are some great goals.
  • mustb60
    2/3 3605 steps (recovery day)
    2/2 10023 steps
    2/1 11009 steps
  • mustb60
    My 5 challenges:
    No dining out