My year with myfitnesspal from 240 to 167 lbs

xtf9kj30jmsd.jpg

So I started in January last year. At first it was just using myfitnesspal as a tracking tool with my goal set to 2 lbs per week. Tracking my food, I mean really tracking my food opened my eyes up to how I was eating and how I got to 240 lbs. In fact I was probably heavier than 240 when I first started but it took me a bit to drag out the scale. I did the following as well, but the one thing that remained consistent was tracking and logging my foods - which I believe made the biggest difference (no food restrictions, just trying to eat within my calories to get that deficit):

-I started at the gym with a beginner weight training guide and cardio
-I switched over the to the (free) nike training app and did two plans of 4 and 6 weeks in duration
-I started to run more on the treadmill as I got lighter and it didn't hurt so much
-I started getting serious about weight training and did 5x5 stronglifts for 12 weeks (check out the resources online and the free app)
-I spoke kindly to myself
-I set milestone rewards for every 5 lbs lost in the beginning such as - buy a charm for my bracelet, get my nails done, buy a new piece of clothing, treat yourself to an at home spa day ... (after about 50 lbs lost I didn't do this as much but might start it up again!)

It hasn't always been easy and every day is not perfect. What I find is that consistency is key. If you have a bad day then leave that behind and don't let it sabotage your continued progress. I went from a size 16-18/xl to now a size 6 and a sm/m. I have so much more energy now! I have a routine, and I have renewed goals for 2019.

I just want to encourage anyone starting out that you never know how far you can come in a year, so give yourself a chance, don't give up on yourself and just do what you can each day until it adds up!

I'm excited to see where I will be next year! how about you?

Replies

• tronjo2002
    tronjo2002 Posts: 43 Member
    Great job!! Some great tips as well!
  • AMAZING!! Great work!
  • rlarson
    rlarson Posts: 2 Member
    thank you for sharing and congrats on your amazing transformation. so good to be reminded of the power of logging food
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    2p64n2d6bg33.gif<3
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Well done!!
  • LovingReds
    LovingReds Posts: 15 Member
    edited January 2019
    Thank you for sharing your journey. It is so encouraging to remember what a difference a year of consistancy can make.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Your hard work really shows!
    Congratulations on your inspiring success 🌹
  • FatimaStartsAllOver
    FatimaStartsAllOver Posts: 302 Member
    your transformation is amazing girl. Hi5
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Wow those abs!
  • tinamae_vols
    tinamae_vols Posts: 42 Member
    Awesome!!! Inspiring!!
  • ttndnls
    ttndnls Posts: 1 Member
    You look great!
  • Je55ica_79
    Je55ica_79 Posts: 276 Member
    Great job! Congratulations on your success!
  • windij
    windij Posts: 4 Member
    Congrats to you! It's really inspiring!!

Just a few questions, when did you start to do exercising? Do you think just by being consistent with the calorie intake does the work even without exercise? We have the same case... does not limit myself to what I eat, as long as I monitor my calorie intake... and I do a little bit of exercise but not that intense. I've been losing some pounds already, but I'm not sure if I should pursue some intense exercising...
  • Rebekkah219
    Rebekkah219 Posts: 1 Member
    Thank~you for sharing... you look amazing!! <3
  • silly13itch
    silly13itch Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you for sharing I'm at your starting point and have been struggling for long time now I've lost 15 pounds and want to stay on track hopefully the long haul!! Its nice to see others that have success with all the hard work! And your body looks amazing!
  • palmuphandopen
    palmuphandopen Posts: 30 Member
    windij wrote: »
    Congrats to you! It's really inspiring!!

Just a few questions, when did you start to do exercising? Do you think just by being consistent with the calorie intake does the work even without exercise? We have the same case... does not limit myself to what I eat, as long as I monitor my calorie intake... and I do a little bit of exercise but not that intense. I've been losing some pounds already, but I'm not sure if I should pursue some intense exercising...

Exercise for me was a way of just getting out of my head and it set my intention for the day. I find the weight loss long game is mentally challenging so it gave me something to focus on. I think you can get similar results by just calorie deficit, except maybe less muscles?

I started within the first month of tracking calories.

Hope that helps! All the best to you !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!