How do you get out the door? I want to compete again!

joellec04
joellec04 Posts: 5 Member
edited February 2019 in Motivation and Support
In summary: I had 2 babies in the last 3 years which took my body from fit and strong to overweight; my mind from determined and motivated to anxious and tired; my capacity to focus and get things done down to level zero. I was a runner and competitive paddler and loved to weight train and cross fit. Now I can’t get out the door without a million and one thing holding me back. Tips? Suggestions?

Replies

• joellec04
    My goal is to build my strength to compete in the summer. And to shed off the baby weight. I started exercising and dieting 3 months ago. But recently been finding it really hard to get things done.

SW (November): 154 lbs
    CW: 164 lbs (yes I gained over 10 lbs while trying to lose)
    GW: 145 lbs (18% body fat)
  • moe0303
    moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
    Wake up to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

or this:

https://youtu.be/yX39J_YyKbs

In addition to that, what works for me is planning a workout time which limits distractions (like before everybody else wakes up). Like anything, you have to work on making it routine, and in my experience, it gets harder as I get older.
  • joellec04
    Thanks for sharing! I make routines in theory but I fall through in practice... just gotta keep going! That second video might become my morning prayer!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    you HAD TWO BABIES IN 3 YEARS? give yourself a break, train realistically and in a healthy way - for you and your two babies. take your time. I lost 65lbs after my second child - 2 in 2 years - and it took me three years but I kept it off for thirty+ years.
  • joellec04
    urloved33 wrote: »
    you HAD TWO BABIES IN 3 YEARS? give yourself a break, train realistically and in a healthy way - for you and your two babies. take your time. I lost 65lbs after my second child - 2 in 2 years - and it took me three years but I kept it off for thirty+ years.

That’s amazing! Very inspiring! I hope to accomplish that too!
  • urloved33
    edited February 2019
    joellec04 wrote: »
    urloved33 wrote: »

That’s amazing! Very inspiring! I hope to accomplish that too!
    you will but now you have these other two beings depending on you too - and that is not a little thing. you are a strong determined athletic mom - what an amazing role model for your kids <3

• urloved33
    www.hopefeedsbabies.com is a great resource and blog posts regularly...it helps to have support as a new mom!!!
  • Heidijens123
    Heidijens123 Posts: 289 Member
    I don't know if this will help you but this is what works for me as a SAHM to 5 kids.
    First off I schedule a time to go the the gym. For me I go at 5:30 am because I like doing the classes my gym offers and that time works best for me and my schedule. Second is to make it a priority and second nature. When my alarm goes off I get out of bed and go because that's what I do I don't lay there and debate going I just go.(in fact one morning I got up got ready and went and didn't realize till I was there that I was ill because I was just so used to just getting up and going.
    Third is if you don't do the classes can you find a reliable gym and or accountability buddy? For me I go so consistently to the classes that one time I missed and one lady there said she thought I must be really sick and was worried about me so for me I don't want to have to tell them I was just slacking off.
    Lastly, enjoy those babies, but make time for your needs as well.