Starting OMAD? Introduce Yourself Here!

Replies

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Ryan ---welcome to the group......we all support each other and we all realize the struggle is real :)…...Congrats on your loss so far!
  • Bearded_Beast2019
    Bearded_Beast2019 Posts: 262 Member
    Thank you so much!! yeah i know about the struggle. im good as long as im occupied lol the hardest is on the weekend.
  • Cart00nGuy
    Cart00nGuy Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2019
    Hello Everyone!
    I have been so inspired by Joe's videos, I decided to go OMAD!
    I joined under the name of "Cart00nGuy", but you can call me "C.G.".
    I have been a life long dieter. I still have about 170 lbs. to lose! 😱 wah!!!
    I've tried everything, this is my last hope!
    Currently I weigh: a whopping 320 lbs.
    I stand 5'7 tall.
    I am around food often. :o
    I hope to get to my goal weight of 145 - 165 lbs. I plan my Omad (1 hr. or less) window at 5:30-7:30pm. All eating complete by 8pm. Today, January 29, 2019 is my start date! Wish me luck guys & gals!!!
    🥳🎉🧜🏻‍♀️🎈🌈 🍀
    (ps, anyone know Joe's email address? I want to thank him!)3wcmiczg231y.jpeg
  • TropicalMe
    TropicalMe Posts: 2 Member
    Howdy! My name is Rose and I decided to give OMAD a try for 3 reasons: 1) I have always struggle with multiple meals, starting with skipping breakfast and 2) I have been doing IF, and just figured that doing 1 meal fits my lifestyle better. I have quite some ways to go, I’m working on losing 75 lbs.

I just started OMAD this week and my biggest challenge is understanding if I’m doing it correctly. I chose to do dinner and at 8 pm. I’m just not sure of having to stuffed myself at night and I’m struggling a bit on making sure I eat as close to my calories as possible. Would love to learn fro everyone’s experience and get meals ideas!
  • KartoonGuy
    KartoonGuy Posts: 1 Member
    Hello Everyone! (I had to change my profile and profile name...)
    I have been so inspired by Joe's videos, I decided to go OMAD!
    I joined under the name of "KartoonGuy", but you can call me "K.G.".
    I have been a life-long dieter. I still have about 190 lbs. to lose! 😱 wah!!!
    I've tried everything, this is my last hope!
    Currently I weigh: a whopping 350 lbs.
    I stand 5'7 tall.
    I am around food often.
    I am beginning to struggle with some physical probs due to my weight! 😫 wah!!
    I hope to get to my goal weight of 145 - 165 lbs. I plan my Omad (1 hr. or less) window at 5:30-7:30pm. All eating complete by 8pm. Today, January 29, 2019 is my start date! Wish me luck guys & gals!!! Thanks!5m2nxife4w0j.jpeg

🥳🎉🧜🏻‍♀️🎈🌈 🍀
  • Welcome guys! I found that OMAD is a very good way to lose weight.

It really basically is a CICO way, but much easier than eating all those small meals due to the fact that after a while you are not hungry outside your eating window. I never thought i can lose my excess weight but here I am! By now i KNOW i can. It just takes focus and dedication. :0) To date I lost 47 pounds. Still want ca 30ish pounds to lose but now i'm in the healthy bmi and know i can keep going. Good luck to all of you! You can do it!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Hey Ryan! Welcome!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Welcome Nick, Ryan, KG and Rose :)
  • arguablysamson
    edited February 2019
    Welcome, K. G. Just stay the course and success is yours. I have a cat that looks just like yours!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Welcome!!!
  • restorhope
    restorhope Posts: 2 Member
    Hello my name is Denise. I started OMAD three days ago. I am 59years old and used to graze all day. Weight 236
    Height 5’4
    Goal weight 150
    Highest weight was 267
    I like to eat large veggie based meals and have been an “ Almost Vegan” for almost a year. Been following Joe for a while, and have tried every diet out there. Since I don’t like to skimp on my meals, and have a hankering sweet tooth, deciding to go OMAD. Right now open eating window at 1pm with a light snack <100 calories and then my main meal at 530 - 600. Close window at 7pm till 1 pm next day.
    Trying to stay off scale.
  • volgirl1322
    Welcome to the group. You will find a lot of support here!

• mazwez
    mazwez Posts: 3 Member
    Hi, My name is Donna and I am just beginning OMAD. I am 58 years old. I have have tried ALL the diets and have had the most success on some version of low carb. I like Dr. Bergs version of keto with lots of veggies.

I feel better when I don't eat than when I do.

5'5 1/2"
    Highest weight 236.5
    Goal 135-150
    I have a sedentary job.
    Single mother of a teenage daughter, grandmother of 2

I have hypertension and am on 2 bp meds and a water pill. I have had a couple of runs with KETO and did well sticking to the plan, it totally made IF easy, but I couldn't sustain it because I think the meds along with the keto made me sick.

Found Joe's videos through a Youtube channel called Six miles to supper. He did an interview on there and I was really drawn to what he was saying. So then I found his website and that led me to this forum.

I have been on MFP for years but never really have been consistent with posting my food and never joined a community.

I was overjoyed when I heard Joe say no exercise. I was in my 140's around 2007 - was on a lc woe and exercised alot. I felt strong. But something snapped and I started gaining weight. And have kept gaining. I did get down to 199 once but put it all back on. Anyway, I tried just getting on the treadmill a couple weeks ago to just walk at a leisurely pace. I did 25 minutes and it took me days to recover from that.

it makes a lot of sense to me to not stress about exercise until I get down to a reasonable weight.

I am on day three, and finding I am able to stretch the fasting window out closer to OMAD. Today I was able to go 19.5 hours before I felt I needed to eat something.

I want my meal to fall between 6 and 7 pm.
  • arguablysamson
    Hi, Donna. Sounds like you are at a point in life where you're ready to take control. Success is hiding in plain sight. It is easier than you think.
  • volgirl1322
    Welcome to the group. Yes, this is the easiest thing I have ever done. Just don't make it complicated, stick to the plan and success will follow. This is a great group of supporters.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Welcome ladies! We're here to help you succeed!

There's a great group of folks here so don't be shy! :)
  • bigjoey38
    bigjoey38 Posts: 1 Member
    I started today

Name : Joe
    Weight: 315. 8 lbs
    height: 5' 8"
    Past struggles: staying on a plan
    Goal weight range: 200--225
    Time of your OMAD: 5:30- 8:30
    OMAD start date. 2/11/19
  • arguablysamson
    Welcome, Joe!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Welcome to the group Joe :) This one is pretty easy to stick to once you get used to it, but reach out if you are having struggles :)
  • ampr770
    ampr770 Posts: 1 Member
    Name : Mendy
    Starting Weight: 203 lbs
    Current Weight: 181 lbs
    Height: 5' 8"
    Goal weight range: 160-165
    Time of your OMAD: 12:00- 2 pm
    OMAD start date. 10/11/18

Thanks Joe and everyone else for all your incredible help!

I wanted to share my story if it can help others.

I did 6 months of IF last year 2017-2018, at first lost 10 pounds but then put them back on while still fasting. :(

While I loved the idea of fasting to loose weight, I simply failed.

OMAD changed everything! It's much easier than a 16/8 IF or higher. Once I got over the first two weeks it's been a breeze and I couldn't be happier. I tell all my friends to try it (on condition that they are going to stick it out through the first 2-3 weeks hardest challenging times).

Here is the thing you need to know if you are considering OMAD. Even though it's counter intuitive, it's easier than IF. The less you eat, the less you want/need to eat. At least that's how it was for me.

An important realization I made: (Like Joe says) I really don't need that much food to get by in life! As we get older, very little food is the right amount.

Things I have lost:
    * 1 size in my clothing. (so far :wink: )
    * That horrible feeling of my stomach blocking me from doing things, like putting on my socks!
    * Feeling terrible in the evenings after I ate too much for dinner.
    * The need for Tums for heartburn.
    * The difficulty to run around as I used to prior to putting on the weight.
    * People telling me how much fatter I look.
    * The fear that I would never loose the weight! I was almost hopeless prior to discovering OMAD.

Good luck!