Can anyone recommend a good inexpensive Air Fryer?

Options
texiecarr
texiecarr Posts: 1 Member
New here, have been thinking about getting an Air Fryer, can you tell me what your using and what you recommend? Also any good diet-wise websites out there for air fryer recipes?

Replies

• neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I have not understood the advantages of an air fryer yet. Watched my friend - still using oil. What can it do which can not be done on a fire / in the oven with top heat / bottom heat / in a non - stick frying pan / in a griller?
  • Jaquan1839
    Jaquan1839 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think the idea is just to use a lot less oil which is technically healthier.
  • Elfy_66
    Elfy_66 Posts: 11 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    They also heat up super quick, are more economical than the oven. Anything you can cook in an oven you can cook in the air fryer. I use mine a lot.
    The one I have was about £40 from Amazon.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,605 Member
    Options
    I love my air fryer. The very aggressive fan does a better job of melting subcutaneous fat from chicken, duck and fish skin than a regular convection oven. Because it is better insulated and more energy efficient I never use the oven anymore unless I need to fit in a large roast. Mine was an expensive Phillips model though
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I bought mine from walmart for less than $100.00- it is a power XL air fryer- I LOVE mine- chicken wings sausage, crispy fries etc- so much yumminess
  • llr927
    llr927 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We have this one from Walmart. We didn't want to spend alot of $$ until we knew how they worked and if we would even use it :). Use it for chicken wings - YUMMO. You can cook frozen chicken breasts in about 25 mins. Uses a lot less oil than deep frying foods. Kalorik Digital Airfryer with Dual Layer Rack
  • judypetutti
    judypetutti Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I purchased a used Tefal factory on EBay as I didn't want to splash out $120 on something I wasn't sure I would use but it's been 2 years now and I use it weekly. Makes good fries with just a spray of oil. I mainly use it for potato or sweet potato fries, but you can use it for other things. I like it because it has a paddle inside that moves the food around gently
  • judypetutti
    judypetutti Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That was Tefal Actifry. Auto correct is a pain:)
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I would check out Facebook Marketplace if you're on FB....we got one on there for $10 that was still in it's original packaging. Person got it as a gift and never used it. I've had a lot of success getting new or almost-new products for really cheap that way.
  • iac1003
    iac1003 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I bought the Gourmia from Costco for about $50. I use no oil at all.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    iac1003 wrote: »
    I bought the Gourmia from Costco for about $50. I use no oil at all.

I started with that one too... does a decent job. I've since upgraded to the Ninja Foodi which does an amazing job at almost everything. Worth the $$$
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to add, there aren't really "air fryer recipes," anything you can make in the oven you can make in the air fryer - as long as it fits.
  • AZCattitude
    AZCattitude Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can find lots of air fryer recipes on YouTube. It helps me to see how to make the recipe. We have a Ninja Foodi and love it, but I read good reviews on many others. Google it :p