Maintainers Weekly Check In - February 2019

1. The aim of this thread is to have a weekly weigh-in check for some accountability and support.
2. Copy the form below by copy-pasting and edit to suit your personal schedule, then fill in your information and post each week.
3. Have a successful month, whatever your maintenance/health goal(s) may be!!

Name:
Total weight lost:
Time it took to lose:
How long in maintenance:
Maintenance weight range:
Average weight recorded from 2018 (12 months):

Average weight recorded from January:

Week of...
February 3:
February 10:
February 17:
February 24:

Success(es)/struggle(s) of the week:

Replies

• pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    @erjones11, if you don’t mind me asking and you answering, what currently is your average daily calories consumed?

I continue to be inspired by your sharing, and those of other maintainers, as I diligently work for the “privilege” to join the maintenance club here. Thanks.
  • nooie19
    nooie19 Posts: 153 Member
    ItsAJourny wrote: »
    Name: Bella
    Height: 5'5"
    Total weight lost: 37 pounds
    Time it took to lose: 6 months
    How long in maintenance: just started (sort of)
    Maintenance weight range: 127-132

Average weight recorded from January: 134 (currently 132 since I lost 4 pounds in Jan)

Week of...
    February 3:
    February 10:
    February 17:
    February 24:

Success(es)/struggle(s) of the week: I am not exactly sure of my goal weight as I have still been losing weight by eating healthy and exercise. I really don't follow a program, log or count calories but try to listen to my body and make good eating choices. I am feeling great and if my weight plateaus, then this is a healthy goal weight for me and I am satisfied. But if I slowly lose a bit more, I am ok with that too. My real goal is to keep up with healthy eating and exercise and let my goal weight find itself, and maintain a healthy weight. In the past, I have lost weight easily when I was focused, but did not do a good job of maintenance. So I am hoping with some added focus, that I can maintain (or lose a few more) for the next year into the future.

Bella, your story is very similar to mine! I do have a program (MyBodyTutor) but it doesn’t involve counting calories. I have also struggled in the past with maintaining weight loss and healthy habits and I’m determined to keep it up long term this time. I hit my goal weight of 133 at the end of October 2018. I’ve been calling it maintenance since then. I’m still losing weight but only 1-2 pounds per month which is just fine by me. I’d be happy to stay this weight, but losing a little more would be just fine too. Thanks so much for sharing your journey!

I’ll make my first official post tomorrow because Sunday is my weigh in day.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited February 2019
    Name: Brenda
    Height: 5'1"
    Starting Weight...194
    Goal Weight.........130
    How long in maintenance: 1 Year 8 month's
    Maintenance Weight Range: 120's

Average weight recorded for Month of:
    .....................2018... 2019
    January........127......129
    February.......126
    March...........125
    April..............123
    May...............124
    June.............125
    July...............126
    August..........125
    September....126
    October.........128
    November.....129
    December.....129

Week Of..
    Jan 4th.....129
    Jan 11th...129
    Jan 18th...129
    Jan 25th...130
    Feb 1st.....130
  • erjones11
    erjones11 Posts: 422 Member
    I don't mind at all Pier. For maintenance I am at 1,990 calories a day. When I input my exercise whatever calories MFP says I change it to half and eat that as well. That said most days I end up a little under the combined target. If I find my trend continues to decline and I hit one more all time low I am going to start inputting all of the exercise calories MFP and eat that back.
    @erjones11, if you don’t mind me asking and you answering, what currently is your average daily calories consumed?

I continue to be inspired by your sharing, and those of other maintainers, as I diligently work for the “privilege” to join the maintenance club here. Thanks.

• pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Thank you @erjones11.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,106 Member
    nooie19 wrote: »
    Challenges: both husband and teenage daughter have started complaining about too many “healthy” dinners.

Time for them to cook! Take this opportunity to invite them to take over if they don't like the healthy food you are offering.

• ItsAJourny
    ItsAJourny Posts: 69 Member
    nooie19 wrote: »
    ItsAJourny wrote: »
    Name: Bella
    Height: 5'5"
    Total weight lost: 37 pounds
    Time it took to lose: 6 months
    How long in maintenance: just started (sort of)
    Maintenance weight range: 127-132

Average weight recorded from January: 134 (currently 132 since I lost 4 pounds in Jan)

Week of...
    February 3:
    February 10:
    February 17:
    February 24:

Success(es)/struggle(s) of the week: I am not exactly sure of my goal weight as I have still been losing weight by eating healthy and exercise. I really don't follow a program, log or count calories but try to listen to my body and make good eating choices. I am feeling great and if my weight plateaus, then this is a healthy goal weight for me and I am satisfied. But if I slowly lose a bit more, I am ok with that too. My real goal is to keep up with healthy eating and exercise and let my goal weight find itself, and maintain a healthy weight. In the past, I have lost weight easily when I was focused, but did not do a good job of maintenance. So I am hoping with some added focus, that I can maintain (or lose a few more) for the next year into the future.

Bella, your story is very similar to mine! I do have a program (MyBodyTutor) but it doesn’t involve counting calories. I have also struggled in the past with maintaining weight loss and healthy habits and I’m determined to keep it up long term this time. I hit my goal weight of 133 at the end of October 2018. I’ve been calling it maintenance since then. I’m still losing weight but only 1-2 pounds per month which is just fine by me. I’d be happy to stay this weight, but losing a little more would be just fine too. Thanks so much for sharing your journey!

I’ll make my first official post tomorrow because Sunday is my weigh in day.

Thanks and congrats for maintaining/losing since October. That's three months and I hope I can say the same 3 months from now!