Replies

• rimtorimgoal
    rimtorimgoal Posts: 117 Member
    I'm 61 and would like to lose 50 lbs.
  • jlfbw
    jlfbw Posts: 9 Member
    debtay123 wrote: »
    hello
    dwebbqt- the healthy habits that I am working on and will continue to do is to drink my water, to get in at least 10,000 steps each day(love my fitbit) more ifpossible, keep stress down as much as is possible for me and most of all- LOG my food- without logging I just can not do it!!!!!- I even prelog which helps me decide how I want to (spend) my calories. As I have stated before some folks sometimes may it seem weird that I log- but for me- it is a must- I just smile politely and come to MFP each day

This is great advice! Pre-logging is so helpful and H2O is a must!
  • Healthy67Chick
    Healthy67Chick Posts: 161 Member
    Bump
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    ahey where is everybody? Are you all still working on your weight loss journey? I am still here and still trying!!!!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,341 Member
    I'm still on this journey. Anyone else have difficulty with the sodium in any outside/prepared food? Doesn't seem to matter what it is, my weight jumps 2-4 pounds.
  • MaryLeuelu
    MaryLeuelu Posts: 99 Member
    a
  • Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    Yup, still here. Greetings everyone. Still logging and weighing my food because I still want ALL the food. So sad.
  • Hello: I am 56 and I weigh 165 at this moment. I want to return to 135 which I was when I did marathon training 10 years ago. I can not run or walk far, now that my knees are shot from 20 years of long distance running. Instead I lift weights 5 x week. As we get past menopause, we lose muscle tissue more readily so our metabolism slows down. Each pound of muscle added to your body mass will burn extra calories all day long! Lifting weights and adding 30 minutes of cardio by rowing or biking has helped me relax and eat less! Good Luck Ladies!
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Been doing weights for several years (and I'm well past 56)! Totally agree with the lifting of weights; I do full-body three times a week at the local parks & rec fitness center with a short (15-20 min) walk on a treadmill.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!