WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2019

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited February 2019
    Allie You have to work on Sunday? I'm so sorry. But misery loves company. I have to be at work at 8 this morning. (((hugs)))
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    I dont have to ,but the Doc asked me so I will go,, trying to stay in his good graces.. even though he is micromanaging the office like crazy and has gotten Allison to leave though she will not let him know until 2 days before she leaves as she needs the money for the move... Who knows what we will get in for an office manager the way he is, could have us all scurrying... will have to take it a day at a time.. and like I said put it in the lords hands..
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Spent nearly 11 hours in bed again last night, although some of that was reading.

Spent about an hour sitting outside in the sunshine ... getting my Vit D.

And I'm making a chicken veg curry in my slow cooker today. :)

M in Oz

My curry was good ... but a bit hotter than I had intended. I'll toss in more veggies for tomorrow's serving, but no more spices. It's been about 8 months since I've made this ... out of practice!

M in Oz
  • NY Karen - halfway through winter means halfway through summer for us. That's bad because i love summer and hate being cold especially my feet.

It has been a very hot summer as Machka mentioned as well with bush fires a problem but we've had some good African rain and the temperatures have cooled down somewhat. Wuite the opposite from Chicago!

I've started intermittent fasting ( 20/4). It's really hard and I've stopped for the last two days because I felt weak and tired all the time. I lost 2.5 lbs in 2,5 weeks which is probably mostly water but i've lost inches which is quite interesting.

Someone mentioned that their weight loss has reached a plateau. I once was stuck for two months so i think it must be ok.
    You must be patient, its your body resisting the weight loss. Just carry on exercising , and watch your carbs.

Bianca from South Africa
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    edited February 2019
    I dont have to ,but the Doc asked me so I will go,, trying to stay in his good graces.. even though he is micromanaging the office like crazy and has gotten Allison to leave though she will not let him know until 2 days before she leaves as she needs the money for the move... Who knows what we will get in for an office manager the way he is, could have us all scurrying... will have to take it a day at a time.. and like I said put it in the lords hands..

I agree I would not let him know you are leaving until you have another job. Like how you asked for coming in on a Sunday. I assume he charges more from his patients for coming in on a Sunday too! Only fair!

:heart: Margaret
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Margaret~ not me who is leaving the office manager is leaving~ he treats her like dirt...
    he was very appreciative that I came in to help out and I even figured how to do and print out a treatment plan.. and got the work done.. he did pay me time and a 1/2 and for that I am thankful... sure wish he would keep it there ,but that is hoping for the moon...I just watched Super Soul Sunday Oprah does one every sunday and she has always a wonderful interesting person on, this week it was Norman Lear..