Accountability-Daily Support/motivation group

Replies

• Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    February personal challenge: push ups...start slow and build.

Will be doing it daily!

I am so horrible at push-ups! I still do them on my knees! One day I will be able to do an actual push-up...maybe lol

Good luck on your challenge :)
  • echoroyal79
    echoroyal79 Posts: 72 Member
    Hi ladies and gents. What if we work on important part of our body, the CORE. Join in this weeks challenge. See if you can do it everyday.
    jkvbpoe2tbeo.jpg
  • echoroyal79
    Forgot to mention to add the plank. Aim for 30s to 1 min.
  • echoroyal79
    wnefyklyu96e.jpg
  • ShopGirl9999
    ShopGirl9999 Posts: 775 Member
    Yes love the challenge
  • ShopGirl9999
    ShopGirl9999 Posts: 775 Member
    I do push ups on my knees too...but its still awesome workout!
  • jumpingjenkins
    jumpingjenkins Posts: 19 Member
    I am checking in.....I can feel minor changes in my abs and I miss it if I can't make it to a dance fit or boot camp class. I feel like I'm not yelling at my kids as much and overall happier. But my weight is not really moving on the scale. Looking for non-scale victories...
  • Steelkid
    Steelkid Posts: 74 Member
    I'm switching from honey wheat to whole wheat, increasing water, decreasing salt and sugar and beginning some light physical activity.
  • Running2Fit
    @jumpingjenkins - do you take measurements? I find it to be a helpful, non-scale way to measure progress. I only take them on the first of the month but it seems like some people take them more frequently. Also, I take tons of progress pictures! Pretty much any day I need a boost in motivation I just take a new picture and compare it to old ones.

I'm just checking in for the day. Today is a rest day and I need it! January burned me out doing workouts every day. My new training plan (Hal Hidgon's novice 10K training plan) schedules in 2 rest days a week and I think that's much more sustainable for me. I feel like my workouts are stronger and more effective when I get those rest days. I also started running outside this week and it's made a huge difference! I knocked 2 full minutes off my average pace on my 3 mile run on Saturday.
  • CowgirlConnieMay
    CowgirlConnieMay Posts: 300 Member
    Hi all... I'm finally back in the 150s!! It's been awhile. Still have a good 2 weeks of steady computer stuff but smarter food choices have worked with workouts most days
  • Fammy04
    Fammy04 Posts: 69 Member
    Hi everyone,

My name is Eden and I'm 29 years old. I seem to have problems sticking to healthy eating habits. Every time I think my goal is within reach, I always fall and gain weight again. I have social anxiety, so I don't like being around other people. I even avoid going outside so that I don't have to deal with anyone, which limits outdoor activities. I have two dogs and I feel like I'm guilty for not taking them out as much as I should. Because of everything, I stay home a lot and snack. I could definitely use an accountability buddy or two to get through this. Looking forward to meeting some people here to work on myself. Little steps.

CW 150
    GW 125
  • Running2Fit
    Weekly Weigh-In
    12/31 - 147.5
    01/07 - 146.2
    01/14 - 145.1
    01/21 - 144.4
    01/28 - 144.0
    02/04 - 141.4

A really big loss from last week (for me anyway). Pretty sure I just dropped a bunch of water weight I was holding onto during my period. But it’s always nice to see the scale going down :)

I need to get in a 2.5 mile run today. The weather is awful here but I think I’ll do it outside anyway.
  • Running2Fit
    Weather sucked on my run, wind makes running hard!
  • CowgirlConnieMay
    I agree running in the wind is the worst!
  • Running2Fit
    I walked to the gym in my apartment complex and it was closed! I wish they had sent out an email letting us know. I did two YouTube workouts instead.
  • abmil3
    abmil3 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm new here. I have been trying to lose weight for what seems like forever! I am currently training for a half marathon in April so if anyone has any advice on that I'd appreciate it! I am also still in college so any tips on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle while still living it up would be great as well :)

HW: 191
    CW: 175
    GW: 155
  • CowgirlConnieMay
    Super weird day but still squeezed in 32 minute jog...weird day lol
  • Running2Fit
    Ugh...the gym in my apartment complex is closed the rest of the week and we got like a foot of snow today. So I missed my run but I still got in a good workout (thanks YouTube!).

It’s my husband’s birthday today so I didn’t count calories at dinner tonight and just enjoyed a nice meal and a small slice of cheesecake with my favorite person! I feel like I made reasonable choices but I still might have gone over. I’m not too worried about it though. I’ll be back to my calorie counting in the morning.
  • Running2Fit
    This thread has been pretty dead lately! Where is everyone at?!

I did 3.5 miles this morning. We are supposed to get even more snow later today so I figured I better get up and do it otherwise I might not be able to later.
  • stutba
    stutba Posts: 152 Member
    New here again... Have been using mfp for many years and not at all for 3 yrs. Back again 40lbs heavier. UHG!
    CW 191
    GW 150
    I am now 50 yrs old, married 30 yrs, and one son 26 yrs old.

Used to run and have started the small process again. Ridiculous how quickly you lose what you don't use.
    I can run .25 to .35 miles straight with .10 walk in between. Doing approximately 20 to 30 minutes on the treadmill as we have ice and snow northeastern Wisconsin.

I have a pair of jeans I've had for more than 10 yrs that I love. 150lbs in the magic number to rock them. Maybe back in style at some point ;)
    Birdie