WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2019

Replies

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Rebecca ~ That Wisteria is beautiful. :) My mother in law planted a wisteria bush along the back of the yard and it grew and grew killing all the trees around it. That was sad. :'( Planting it where it can't take over other vegetation is a brilliant idea.

Barbie ~ I think your stomach illness found me! Was sick during the middle of the night and welcomed toasts and chicken soup today.

Carol in GA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,121 Member
    edited February 2019
    Katla - it's their germs I'm suffering from. They can't catch it back.
    I feel better now I realise how hard he's been working. Those weekends, and the run up to them, are HELL.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,722 Member
    Rita ... great weight loss!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    ☘️
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Rita super progress, inches off the waist is so so healthy! Keep up the good work.

Beth the IF is working for you, do you even notice or feel hungry the stretch of not eating?

NYKAREN
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Did an hour of Rodney Yee’s Daily Yoga DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to hold my plank then take the extremepump class

Drove to VA to give Jess’ bf Shadow to keep while we’re in FL. I’m going to miss that stinker. But I know this is for the best while we’re gone.

Bianca - that’s one of the wonderful benefits of this place.

Put a load of laundry in because I know Vince is going to want to pack Tues(he always waits until the last minute) so he’ll have most of his underwear, etc. See, I keep most of my clothes down there but he doesn’t

Kelly – if you can’t borrow a Cricut, check with your library. I didn’t know this, but our library has a Cricut-knock-off that can be used.

Welcome everyone new!

I was crocheting a blanket in the car and I dropped the hook. It fell between the console and the seat, but try as I might, I couldn’t find it. Well, I’ll just have to buy another. It’s not like they’re that expensive

Allie – good for you making your own food.

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,432 Member
    Pppp
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Lisa - best of wishes

Michele in NC
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,577 Member
    LisaAR- sounds like you have planned well for your time off. Now remember to care for yourself. You will be in my thoughts tomorrow.

There were so many posts I was going to comment on, but couldn't go back through while walking my circles. Had planned on walking driveway today as it was 61* outside! Crazy weather swings. Rain for three more days, then temps drop again with more snow.

Thank you for all the warm birthday wishes! It was a nice day. Lazy morning, hot tub, shampooed carpet. My youngest daughter and family brought homemade chicken in dumplings, cupcakes, and flowers. I missed my driveway walk as I had to make something to take to a superbowl party. Deviled eggs were a hit! Game was boring, commercials sucked, told husband we would leave after halftime, then said time to go after about 5 minutes. Company was good, but I was done. Got my steps in around the hallway and caught up on water.

Healing thoughts to those ill or recovering.
    Hugs for all the amazing women who inspire me!
    Thank you all for sharing- bad hair, great food, feelings, and experiences!

<3
    Kylia sleepy but proud in Ohio
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    <3<3<3
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Worked about 16 hours this weekend, trying to get ahead of taking time off this week... Finally know what's out there in terms of grants, and what's ahead after I get back. Well worth a few hours of my own time for some peace of mind.... And kept my mind off things.

Packing a few things for the hospital tomorrow, and ready to go! Thanks for the good wishes, y'all,

Lisa in Arkansas

Best wishes all goes well Lisa!!

Cheri
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,463 Member
    Machka rest, vit D and chicken curry sound like just the ticket!Got out your recipe yesterday and will try it tomorrow.
    AEPHubinc2015 feel your pain. Only lost 9 lbs in all of 2018. MD was content but I was a little disappointed. Of course I haven't been as faithful as you with not going over on calories :devil:
    Bianca would your son feel free to tell you or your DH why he doesn't want to be in the same room as your friend? Difficult friends can be great teachers [sigh] but not sure I'd broach the subject with her... let the 4 years past stay there... Ditto Tracey's concern for your son's feelings.
    Heather I'm amazed you can even do reduced exercise. Take it easy, better to recover slowly than to relapse.
    KJ 5'8"? a veritable sequoia to so tower over your grandma! ;)
    NYKaren logging and prepping, yay YOU!
    Rita awesome NSV!
    Tracey neither do I feel much more than 30, or even 19 "inside". Some of the body parts, not so much ;)
    pip You GO gal!
    Allie brilliant superbowl party strategy. Hope you had fun!
    Beth great advice to Bianca.
    Barbie "just enough (snow) to be fun" sounds just right! We might even get some here tomorrow morning. Fine with me as long as it melts and doesn't turn to black ice. :devil:
    Michele I hate those black holes between the console and the seat!
    Lisa (((hugs))) and prayers for successful surgery, swift and sure recovery.
    Kylia hot tub, what a great way to start your birthday!
    Welcome xbobeekayx con VERY gratulations on your progress!

Sleepy so th th that's all folks! zzzzzz

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    walk one more step 3/28, 60 g protein 3/28, rx/vits 3/28, meditate 3/28, knee exercises 3/28, SWSY 0/8, play with Tumble 3/28, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 1/28.
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD!
    02/03 LT: tax deductions done, no effect on fed refund but made a difference for state-Y MT: bake bran muffins-Y ST: walk Tumble-Y
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,121 Member
    <3<3<3<3<3Lisa.

Woken up at 6 am by wind and rain beating on the roof light. I began reading a new book and took DH his tea at 7.15.
    I still feel very flat. Post viral depression. It will pass, I know, and I am encouraged by DH feeling much better.
    We have to go shopping for basic groceries this afternoon. I haven't even been in the car for weeks! It's just been sitting outside the house doing nothing. I haven't driven since we moved here. I'm afraid I will lose my driving skills. One problem is that it is DH's car and I feel horribly responsible for not scratching it etc. Some of the streets round here are very narrow with limited passing space.
    When I feel better I might take it down the road, just to see if I can. In truth we don't really need a car, but DH needs it to get to the cricket later in the year. He's not ready to give it up. An expensive cricket match! :o

Windy! The tv signal is affected. Hope it all calms down by this afternoon.

Barbara - I am barely ticking along on the machines. Hardly breaking into a sweat. Plus I'm sitting down. The hardest bit is lying on the floor afterwards to do the stretches. It makes me cough horribly! I'm not doing any strength or weights yet.

Heather UK xxxxxxx

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    I haven't even been in the car for weeks! It's just been sitting outside the house doing nothing. I haven't driven since we moved here. I'm afraid I will lose my driving skills.

I didn't drive for 8 years!!

When I moved to Australia, I drove for the first year, but then in 2010 we moved into town, I started to walk to work and everywhere, and I stopped driving.

Between then and August-ish 2018, I drove once across the little town where we lived in Victoria, once back in Canada, and twice (I think) here in Tasmania. I think that was it.

So one of the thousand things I learned in 2018 was to relearn how to drive. Fortunately, I hadn't forgotten all of it! :)

I do, however, get a little freaked out by the narrow roads around here, and they aren't quite UK narrow.

Machka in Oz

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,577 Member
    Good Monday!

Machka- sounds like some rain would be welcomed. I don't mind the rain so much when it is warm. What I don't like are the grey skies. I need my sunshine. Your resting weekend hopefully helped. :)

Sharon- My problem is I don't really have a protein go to. My protein usually is only around 10% of my macros. I try to be aware, but have been concentrating on getting facts below 40%. I have beans a couple times a week usually with tuna and tomatoes. Need to figure high protein low fat non-processed go to foods. It sounds like you are doing well with your surgery. My niece, long story, managed to get weight loss surgery, but never learned to eat properly! I know I can't fix it, but as she had the surgery (and subsequent skin removal surgery) on tax payer money, I get really frustrated when she is eating crap when at the shop! I don't believe that soda, reese's cups, donuts, etc are on the eating plan. I understand an occasional treat, I get that, but this is more snacking than I do in a third of the time! SMH! I guess it makes me most mad as she didn't pay anything and just doesn't appreciate it. Sorry rant....To me, you sound like you are doing the eating well. Thoughts for continued healing and progress!

Barbara- what do LT, MT, and ST stand for? I love that you track in your signature. I am using my planner.

HeatherUK and Machka- since my husband's accident which blinded him in 1995, I am the driver. I find it really hard to be a passenger any more. I just don't like a lot of other folks driving skills ;) Maybe I just prefer to be in control.....

Michele- that black hole space in the car is dangerous! Eventually things do reappear though.

<3
    Kylia