TRIMSTONES -- February 2019

Replies

• nimsy89
    nimsy89 Posts: 14 Member
    edited February 2019
    Hi everyone, I'm a long time user of myfitnesspal but new to forums/community. I've lost a significant amount of weight before, but I'm back at my highest now. My goal is to lose 17kg (~37lbs) before June, as I will be turning 30 and going on holiday in Japan for the month.

Unfortunately my body keeps throwing hurdles at me (I started dieting and failed a couple of times last year), the last one was sprained ankles (yup, both of them). I did very little physical activity while they recovered but I was a bit eager to get back to the gym so I made an injury friendly work out focusing mostly on my upper body. I guess I underestimated my current level of fitness, because here I am now with t-rex arms (triceps too tight to bend my arms beyond 90 degrees). Hoping it's just DOMS and not an injury, but it's very painful. Time will tell I suppose. In the meantime, trying to keep my diet on track but it's very hard as I'm just starting my diet and with my ankles and arms out of commission I can't exercise off excess calories if I slip up. :(

Anyway, here are my current stats:

Sat 2/2: starting weight 90kg (198.4lbs), 15 minutes cardio, 45 minutes weight training. Under calorie goal.
    Sun 3/2: Under calorie goal.
    Mon 4/2: Under calorie goal.

For the weekly challenge, I do 4 of those already so I'm choosing 10 glasses of water per day as my 5th.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    mws9zeeoxfcn.jpg

JANUARY WEEK 5 WINNERS...

TEAM % LOST

1st - WaistAways - 0.47%
    2nd - Trimstones - 0.25%
    3rd - Weight No More - 0.20%

TEAM LBS LOST

1st - WaistAways - 17.9
    2nd - Trimstones - 14.5
    3rd - Weight No More - 10.6

INDIVIDUAL % LOST

1st - @Bear479 - 3.19%
    2nd - @kmfeig87 - 2.59%
    3rd - @Nstephenson01 - 2.48%

INDIVUDUAL LBS LOST

1st - @Digger61 - 6
    2nd - @Bear479 - 5.7
    3rd - @19shmoo69 - 5.0

HONORABLE MENTIONS

@Digger61 @Andreabroadley @anndeemarie
    @AustinRuadhain @jenready
    @19shmoo69 @Mrsbell8well

2ay3jwz4xuql.jpg

1st - Weight No More - 701,932
    2nd - Trimstones - 641,064
    3rd - Workout Warriors - 452,398
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    ilixebsoyq4n.png

JANUARY GRAND FINALE WINNERS...

TEAM % LOST

1st - WaistAways - 1.55%
    2nd - Mission Slimpossibles - 1.37%
    3rd - Weight No More - 1.22%

TEAM LBS LOST

1st - Mission Slimpossibles - 79.8
    2nd - Workout Warriors - 72.8
    3rd - Weight No More - 66.1

INDIVIDUAL % LOST

1st - @AustinRuadhain - 7.93%
    2nd - @Trinalong79 - 6.89%
    3rd - @SaraMakingChanges - 6.05%

INDIVUDUAL LBS LOST

1st - @Navydaddjtc - 14
    2nd - @SaraMakingChanges - 13.8
    3rd - @AustinRuadhain - 13.6

HONORABLE MENTIONS

@daisytripp @Andreabroadley @pjmfitforme
    @Astrue @Lenka1
    @Navydaddjtc @Ashleigh1178

2ay3jwz4xuql.jpg

1st - Weight No More - 4,162,540
    2nd - Trimstones - 4,054,188
    3rd - Workout Warriors - 3,530,301
  • JesusGirl62
    JesusGirl62 Posts: 9,631 Member
    Jesusgirl62

2/3 steps - 10,226
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    TeaGirlMedium
    Sunday weight was 171.3lbs
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Am I missing the step check in place or are we not doing it this month?
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Mulecanter
    Monday
    Feb Week 1
    PW: 202
    CW: 206.5

Chili and chips bonanza watching the game, salt overload. I will detox this week and pay for all of my weekend indulgence. I did lose the super bowl pool I was in so there's that. I WILL reenter Onderland this month!

Question for step challengers, are you able to enter your own steps via the spreadsheet? I'd prefer to not do that if you all can do it yourselves--since I haven't been doing it I'm guessing that's how it's been done?
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Welcome newcomers to the Trimstones, Intros all around please. I'm one of the team captains and I'm a long time MFP'er. I'm in New Mexico, I'm married with three teenage boys, two dogs and two cats. I have been going sideways for several months :/ now but I'm trying to re-lose what I gained back over several years. That last 20 pounds is always the hardest!
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    @mulecanter the spreadsheet is read only so we can't enter our own steps.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    edited February 2019
    mulecanter wrote: »
    Mulecanter
    Monday
    Feb Week 1
    PW: 202
    CW: 206.5

Chili and chips bonanza watching the game, salt overload. I will detox this week and pay for all of my weekend indulgence. I did lose the super bowl pool I was in so there's that. I WILL reenter Onderland this month!

Question for step challengers, are you able to enter your own steps via the spreadsheet? I'd prefer to not do that if you all can do it yourselves--since I haven't been doing it I'm guessing that's how it's been done?

Hi @mulecanter,
    Only captains have editing access to the spreadsheet.
  • Ever_J
    Ever_J Posts: 76 Member
    @Ever_J those are some great goals.

@JesusGirl62 thanks for the kind words. I survived a SuperBowl night without any alcohol. I'm not a big drinker to begin with but still feel proud.
  • Ever_J
    Ever_J Posts: 76 Member
    FEBRUARY STEPS
    02/03 - 10751
    02/02 - 14175
    02/01 - 6904
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 650 Member
    February Steps

Feb 1 - 13,045
    Feb 2 - 16,073
    Feb 3 - 9,913
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    Thinking about doing Title Boxing as a workout? Anyone ever done it? Thoughts??
  • Ahanaz
    Ahanaz Posts: 353 Member
    AmyLFix wrote: »
    Week 1: Monday weigh in
    PW 150
    CW 146.8

Wow! That's an awesome loss!
  • Ahanaz
    Ahanaz
    Feb Week 1 - Sunday
    PW: 153.4
    CW: 153.2

Sorry for the late weigh-in. With super bowl yesterday I never got time to sit down at the computer. Seeing how it was only 2 days between as I switched day I'm hoping to see a bigger progress next week.

The past 2 weeks has been really hard for me as there's been a lot changing at work. It's still not settled and my anxiety is through the roof. However, 2 weeks is enough I think to have been lenient on diet and lifestyle. I'm back now I hope. I've gained 3 lbs from my lowest before these 2 weeks. I'm hoping to be back down those 3 lbs by next weigh-in.

As for my pick 5, the last ones I'm listing I don't know if it's really a challenge while trying to stick to a keto diet, so it feels like I'm cheating by picking those already relevant to the lifestyle I'm trying to lead. But here they are:
    • Eat greens every day (This will be the hardest for me, as very few of my recipes includes it naturally, and I just have a hard time sitting down with a side of salad in this cold, rainy weather. And I just can't stand how veggies changes flavor when cooked. I can only have them raw.)
    • Drink 10 glasses of water
    • Eat protein in every meal
    • No artificial sweeteners
    • No Diet anything
  • Ahanaz
    edited February 2019
    nimsy89 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm a long time user of myfitnesspal but new to forums/community. I've lost a significant amount of weight before, but I'm back at my highest now. My goal is to lose 17kg (~37lbs) before June, as I will be turning 30 and going on holiday in Japan for the month.

Unfortunately my body keeps throwing hurdles at me (I started dieting and failed a couple of times last year), the last one was sprained ankles (yup, both of them). I did very little physical activity while they recovered but I was a bit eager to get back to the gym so I made an injury friendly work out focusing mostly on my upper body. I guess I underestimated my current level of fitness, because here I am now with t-rex arms (triceps too tight to bend my arms beyond 90 degrees). Hoping it's just DOMS and not an injury, but it's very painful. Time will tell I suppose. In the meantime, trying to keep my diet on track but it's very hard as I'm just starting my diet and with my ankles and arms out of commission I can't exercise off excess calories if I slip up. :(

Anyway, here are my current stats:

Sat 2/2: starting weight 90kg (198.4lbs), 15 minutes cardio, 45 minutes weight training. Under calorie goal.
    Sun 3/2: Under calorie goal.
    Mon 4/2: Under calorie goal.

For the weekly challenge, I do 4 of those already so I'm choosing 10 glasses of water per day as my 5th.

@nimsy89 I'm sorry to hear about your injuries. Last month we had a challenge for intermittent fasting (IF). I'm trying to follow the Obesity Code Program through their official Facebook group and their schedules. I never work out, and despite the gain the last couple of weeks I'm still down 5lbs total since I started IF. I haven't stepped foot in the gym.
    If you consider it I strongly recommend Dr. Fungs program.
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    Pizzafruit
    Monday
    Feb, Week
    PW:263.8
    CW: 261.4
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    Pizzafruit
    Monday
    Feb, Week 1