Now im up to 300lb

fergusonjamillah
fergusonjamillah Posts: 83 Member
edited February 2019 in Motivation and Support
I keep falling off track and losing my progress. I want to lose weight so bad and its my biggest obstacle that i cant seem to overcome to complete. It would be good to have some friends and a good support system. I know im not gonna give up and im here for anyone else who also needs support. Feel free to add me.

Replies

• Dawncht
    Dawncht Posts: 1 Member
    Feel free to add me (can't do it from my phone). I did well for a while and fell off the wagon. I'm up to 300 pounds too. =( Can't wait to lose all this weight; drive me crazy!
  • Kimmotion5783
    Kimmotion5783 Posts: 417 Member
    Feel free to add me. The more friends/support system, the better! You can do it! "get fit don't quit!"
  • fergusonjamillah
    Feel free to add me. The more friends/support system, the better! You can do it! "get fit don't quit!"

Thanks
  • fergusonjamillah
    Priss08 wrote: »
    Feel free to add me. I used to be 320kbs, 210lbs official start weight. I'm currently sitting at 224lbs. Join me! And don't give up.

Thanks im up to embrace this lifestyle and be healthier.
  • fergusonjamillah
    dauchsmom wrote: »
    I keep falling off track and losing my progress. I want to lose weight so bad and its my biggest obstacle that i cant seem to overcome to complete. It would be good to have some friends and a good support system. I know im not gonna give up and im here for anyone else who also needs support. Feel free to add me.

Feel free to add an old grandma, too. Honey, the hardest part of the weight loss journey is knowing that it IS a journey. Have you ever heard of a journey going great all the time? I haven't!

So come on into the imperfection called "weight loss". Embrace the fact that you're not perfect, we're not perfect, so all of our journies will be imperfect also.

The key is: keep on the journey and learn from it.

Love ya!

Thank you im up to the challenge and i know its worth it.
  • fergusonjamillah
    Dawncht wrote: »
    Feel free to add me (can't do it from my phone). I did well for a while and fell off the wagon. I'm up to 300 pounds too. =( Can't wait to lose all this weight; drive me crazy!

Same but i changed my minset about working out and making it a lifestyle choice not something im forcing myself to do for a diet. I want to be a better me and do what my weight always stopped me from doing.
  • proudmomma86
    proudmomma86 Posts: 48 Member
    Feel free to add me
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member

Have you analyzed what's causing the weight gain? The beauty of the MFP system is that you can look at your chart at the end of each day and see what foods pushed your calories over the limit, or if your exercise wasn't enough. If you eat more calories and burn less calories, you'll gain weight. If you reduce the calories you eat, and increase the exercise you do, you'll lose weight.

What did you get when you entered your information in the MFP settings? How many calories per day? And how many minutes of exercise did you put in to the settings?
  • fergusonjamillah
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

Have you analyzed what's causing the weight gain? The beauty of the MFP system is that you can look at your chart at the end of each day and see what foods pushed your calories over the limit, or if your exercise wasn't enough. If you eat more calories and burn less calories, you'll gain weight. If you reduce the calories you eat, and increase the exercise you do, you'll lose weight.

What did you get when you entered your information in the MFP settings? How many calories per day? And how many minutes of exercise did you put in to the settings?

I eat bad things and too much calories i intake and always going to the corner store. But this week i ate good and only had one. Corner store sandwich so im deciding on losing weight for a lifetime and becoming healtheir and not going to focus on a diet.
    I dont put my excercises on the app because i only want to eat my recommended calories.
  • fergusonjamillah
    puffbrat wrote: »
    This is hard not because the actual process is difficult but because it means changing long developed habits, and often having to learn to deal with emotions in other ways. I don't how you have approached this in the past or are doing so now, but what works best for me is making small changes a little at a time rather than big changes all at once. Good luck!

thanks im starting with changing my eating habits and i have a workout dvd that i enjoy doing called hiphop abs since im not ready to go back to the gym again.
  • Sanriohippie
    Sanriohippie Posts: 76 Member
    Take it day by day literally. We all didn’t get bad habits and extra weight over night right?
    Cut yourself a break :smile: You can do this,YOU are worth making yourself a priority!
    Add me if you’d like I am always for gals empowering gals!
  • fergusonjamillah
    Take it day by day literally. We all didn’t get bad habits and extra weight over night right?
    Cut yourself a break :smile: You can do this,YOU are worth making yourself a priority!
    Add me if you’d like I am always for gals empowering gals!

Thanks. It means alot to know that others are in similar situations and that we made a place where we are all comfortable with seeking advice.
    Even yesterday i ate pizza with my remaining calories and didnt feel bad about it because my mindset is based on a lifestyle choice instead of a quick diet.
  • ym_02
    ym_02 Posts: 9 Member
    Add me! I've gained a LOT these past few months, and although my loss goal is pretty small right now (~10-15 lbs), I could really use some motivation from others trying to lose, and would love to support them in turn!
  • fergusonjamillah
    ym_02 wrote: »
    Add me! I've gained a LOT these past few months, and although my loss goal is pretty small right now (~10-15 lbs), I could really use some motivation from others trying to lose, and would love to support them in turn!

Is 10 your overall goal or just the goal your making one step at a time till u reach your main goal?
  • sra455
    sra455 Posts: 57 Member
    I got all the way up to 332lbs when i finally was like 'no', this is too much. I am not gonna let this go up any more. I've had a rocky path over the past year and have given up logging at times, but i am not giving up on my goals and have come back to it. I am currently down to 290 and am determined to keep going. Feel free to add as a friend and we can do it together!
  • fergusonjamillah
    Thanks everyone there are many different stories and challenges but goals remains that we all want the same thing, to either lose weight or become healthier overall and its better to give support to others when you understand how hard it is to do so.
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    It is tough and takes persistence, perseverance, will power and a solid drive for change.

I was 320lbs in 2015 when I finally had enough of being that big. I started small, gave up the junk food, and started walking everyday. I started eating healthier foods and most definitely healthier portions. I started tracking and logging what I ate and I weighed weekly. If there was an issue with the scale numbers I would reflect back on what I ate and what I did or did not do that would have contributed to a stall or gain, and then move on. Fast forward to May 2018 and I was at 184lbs for a loss of 135lbs. Since then I have actually completed an 8 month bulk and successfully put on weight and never thought twice about it. Currently back cutting weight, bulked to 218 and new current weight is 208.

It is a learning process, how your body responds to different calories, macros, exercise, cheats, deloads. Once you figure out how your body operates you will be in control of it, not your body in control of you.

Wish you all the best