Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,354 Member
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    nooie19 wrote: »
    My coworker is now using Kondo as a verb. As in “I Kondoed my scarves last weeend.” She just Kondoed me into dumping the contents of two file cabinet drawers. They were filled with stuff from the last person who had my position eight years ago.
    Then my other coworker started pulling stuff out of our recycling bin! LOL!

We watched this on Weds. I was aiming to have my gf see it and want to clear her stuff - and she does!! woohoo! so we are doing step 1: clothes tomorrow. Excited!!
    We are both excited to Kondo the kitchen and make the drawers all neat and tidy

That’s good that you are both on board with it. My hubby likes holding onto things more than me so I’ve learned to adapt.

I have adapted a fair bit because yes, she does like keeping things. But I have realised that everything is currently stored in the house, so all is good. Removing even 5% of it will make it tidier and easier but I am no longer needing her to pare her life down as much as I can :)

This is my clothes now - and bag and 2 boxes are what she has got rid of - so proud of her!

rfupnrkaf04w.jpg

Impressed!! Lots of room to see everything there; wahoo for the both of you.
  • laurenq1991
    laurenq1991 Posts: 384 Member
    edited February 2019
    Sorted one of the two quart mason jars that we have been collecting change in for the past few years while my husband and I were watching our nightly TV show. Now I have to get some rolls from the bank and roll them all up and deposit them in the bank. It turns out most of the change is quarters! There has to be at least a few hundred dollars in there. I had no idea there was so much money just sitting on the nightstand shelf.
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    {{{*Cue music/song from the old Fiddler on the Roof soundtrack--"Wonder of Wonders Miracle of Miracles*}}

486v23jkoh5d.jpeg

17500697.png

lost 1 lb since last weighing in! Newlifestyle4me's lost 70.6 lbs so far.

Down 71lbs (well, according to Mfp's "fuzzy math" I am down 71lbs (it's technically 70.6lbs down though) and I'm ultra mega THRILLED, cause I'm in the 140's baby (OH YEAH o:) ) for the first time in 20+ years!!!!

Thank you Jesus and BOOM!!!!!!! Wow...the 140's at last :'( (tears of JOY). Y'all's little (literally) friend over here is both humbled and filled with JOY unspeakable. Once again, BOOM!

P.S. Good things happen to those that WAIT, let us continue to take our time and do all we have to do, right and righteously.

Hey gang!

Well........I posted the above almost 1 month ago (January 6th) and here's what's happening on the scale front since then:

5q1kw0gt7ks0.jpg

Yep, a big ole lil .2lbs down in one month. Am I sad, mad feeling bad? Not a chance, none whatsoever--WHY? Because as my P.S. says above, GOOD things come to those who wait, let us take our time and do it right and righteously--right? RIGHT!

Y'all little (literally) friend over here has been busier than a cat covering his "business" and learning a WHOLE lot about patience, mercy and all kinds of stuff been going on. I've read thru the posts since I last posted and I'm super, mega, ULTRA thrilled to hear the tremendous strides, victories and all around champion-ish stuff going on in/thru/with you all--1,000,000 cheers to you winners!!!!!

There a reason people speak of losing the last 10lbs...again, I'm learning a lot and counting this weight blastification ALL JOY as I'm turtling down the last 9 or so pounds to goal. On the decluttering front, it's still a daily battle that by The Grace of God I'm continuing to kick butt and take names. I've recently got a NEW GOAL of adding SLEEP (good quality beloved restful sleep into the mix--making getting a "good" night sleep a priority in my life/lifestyle, which means LESS media time/less staying up too late doing unnecessary "stuff"--so I'm adding de-cluttering my TIME into this LET IT GO AND DON'T LOOK BACK business, which is why I've been missing in action of late. Again, it's ALL GOOD--it surely is.

Love you ALL and {{{{ Hugs and The Highest of Fives }}}}} you tough, aint taking no more mess (or maybe aint taking putting up with as much "mess") as you use to super stars--BOOM! <3o:)o:)o:)<3

So happy for you little turtling friend! Glad to see you here, but also glad you're oot and aboot! A good night's sleep would be a miracle for me, but a great thing to strive for. I like the idea of going to bed earlier instead of staying up for the sake of staying up.
  • snoo61
    My hubby has started looking at his stuff, for things to throw out, when he takes out the trash. I guess it is contagious. :smiley:
  • snoo61
    I have slowly been going through my craftroom, I have been selling on marketplace trying to bring in extra money while I’m unemployed. I think I have another bunch ready to go up on the site.

I bet it looks great! I'm still working on my kitchen, its easier as things get sorted or gone.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited February 2019
    Well...so much for surfing youtube before bed! This is what I just "learned" I try to have "sweet dreams" tonight :*

https://youtu.be/6lu7qzD2xb8

https://youtu.be/DsfrOO-IYnE

Seriously...I didn't have a CLUE about the greater majority of these "finds" about foods I eat and drink on the regular. Will this new info "change" the way and what I'm eating? I'm going to have to say YES indeed it will. But as always, even though it's going to (because I WANT to, NOT because I feel I HAVE TO) make/take some major league changes in my "eating whatever I want to"...watching this is definitely an influence on my want to, for sure. CHANGE--it's not easy, so humbling, so utterly humbling--I'm also going to THANK God for learning about this.

Almost 72lbs have been blasted to smithereens off of my body eating whatever and whenever I jolly well feel like it and
    o:)<3o:) Thank You Jesus, <3o:)<3 it's been wonderful and I'll still eat whatever I want...just after seeing these vids--my "want to's" have forever been affected/effected/INFECTED, for the better.

I've been pretty LAZY in the cooking dept and eating out A LOT (as I have done the ENTIRE time of my weight blastification), but it's time to/for change, period. UGH and YAY at the same time...seriously I've been eating out for dinners FAR too much, so this is going to potentially save me a lot of money, cooking at home will AND my husband will be thrilled too (he's so wonderful)...but I'm not only thinking about myself in this new "info" and "LETTING GO AND NOT LOOKING BACK" at decluttering my choices in the foods I'll be preparing from now on--again, I'm thinking about my beloved hubby and family too. MAN! That's what I get for "seeking" interesting stuff. It's ALL Good though, for me it truly is o:)WARNING...these video are NOT for the faint of heart, AT ALL and A LOT of people ain't going to like discovering these things at all, but some will I'm thinking/hoping--YIKES!!! :#
  • snoo61
    I've been maintaining what I have accomplished, because I pulled a muscle (or more). So, I haven't had much to add. I am enjoying reading about everyone's victories. Keep it up!
  • snoo61
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME, we cook most of our dinners. I've learned to make a double batch of the ones I can freeze. Freeze half, and I just have to make noodles, rice, or just heat and eat. Depends what it is.
  • laurenq1991
    laurenq1991 Posts: 384 Member
    I've been pretty LAZY in the cooking dept and eating out A LOT (as I have done the ENTIRE time of my weight blastification), but it's time to/for change, period. UGH and YAY at the same time...seriously I've been eating out for dinners FAR too much, so this is going to potentially save me a lot of money, cooking at home will AND my husband will be thrilled too (he's so wonderful)...but I'm not only thinking about myself in this new "info" and "LETTING GO AND NOT LOOKING BACK" at decluttering my choices in the foods I'll be preparing from now on--again, I'm thinking about my beloved hubby and family too. MAN! That's what I get for "seeking" interesting stuff. It's ALL Good though, for me it truly is o:)WARNING...these video are NOT for the faint of heart, AT ALL and A LOT of people ain't going to like discovering these things at all, but some will I'm thinking/hoping--YIKES!!! :#

We eat out way too much also and it's preventing me from reaching my goals of really reducing white flour, refined sugar, fried foods, and saturated fat. I am fine with it when I'm at home because I just don't buy foods at the supermarket that don't align with my nutritional goals. I also have gotten better about avoiding sugary foods when eating out. But when we go out to eat, white flour, fried foods, and saturated fat are so prevalent that a lot of times it's sort of impossible to avoid it if you want to get something with a good amount of calories. I'm also pescatarian so that limits a lot of the options already. I don't really know how to cook that well -- I can do basic meals but nothing fancy -- so if I eat at home I end up getting bored of the same things. It has become such a habit for us to go out to eat on the weekends, not to mention social occasions, that we would feel like something was missing without it.
  • cory17
    The never ending office saga - the books are unpacked and have one more box to figure out where the stuff should (or shouldn't) go. and the leftovers on the table. and couple other boxes of stuff that got thrown in there too. and making it look together? I'm just tired of this = need to hear get it done and it's worth finishing. Maybe feeling stuck with this is part of why I'm feeling unmotivated with my eating lately? Will devote a 1/2 hour every day this week.
  • snoo61
    cory17 wrote: »
    The never ending office saga - the books are unpacked and have one more box to figure out where the stuff should (or shouldn't) go. and the leftovers on the table. and couple other boxes of stuff that got thrown in there too. and making it look together? I'm just tired of this = need to hear get it done and it's worth finishing. Maybe feeling stuck with this is part of why I'm feeling unmotivated with my eating lately? Will devote a 1/2 hour every day this week.

I've felt the " I'm stuck with this" attitude, and its depressing as hell. I did what you are planning, a certain amount daily, but told myself that " I get to do this now". It really made a difference. Thanks to @NewLIFEstyle4ME!
  • cory17
    snoo61 wrote: »
    cory17 wrote: »

I've felt the " I'm stuck with this" attitude, and its depressing as hell. I did what you are planning, a certain amount daily, but told myself that " I get to do this now". It really made a difference. Thanks to @NewLIFEstyle4ME!

Thanks @snoo61 (& @newlife) Attitude makes the biggest difference in things happening! Last two nights picked something tangible and emptied it. Tonight will be the table as want it put back in the garage.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!