Pet peeves

Replies

• Iscah13
    Iscah13 Posts: 1,954 Member
    People who chase birds...the birds who are on the ground and not flying.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Attempting to park in a Costco’s parking lot on an early Sunday afternoon.

For real
    My Costcos I don't even attempt, any day, I park in the adjacent lot and walk
  • jruch23
    jruch23 Posts: 1,069 Member
    When you're driving and someone pulls out in front of you from a side street and don't speed up. People who brake before using their turn signal so then I have to slam on my brakes.
  • thepainmaker88
    thepainmaker88 Posts: 365 Member
    Posers! Huge pet peeve of mine. After 2000 pictures, I promise NO ONE CARES!!! STOP.

Not sure I understand.... 2000 pictures of what? Your emotional attachment to this post has me intrigued...
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Posers! Huge pet peeve of mine. After 2000 pictures, I promise NO ONE CARES!!! STOP.

Not sure I understand.... 2000 pictures of what? Your emotional attachment to this post has me intrigued...

I don't get emotionally attached to anything.

You moved it up to 2000??? I was struggling to do 16. I don't have enough film for 2k

enough film?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Iscah13 wrote: »
    People who chase birds...the birds who are on the ground and not flying.

But that just sounds poetically awesome LOL
  • thepainmaker88
    thepainmaker88 Posts: 365 Member
    edited February 2019

I don't get emotionally attached to anything.

I’m calling your bluff
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    People who spit their gum out on the sidewalk. WTF man.
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Smoking, especially smoking in public places.
  • Mean_Spice
    Mean_Spice Posts: 279 Member
    Use of tobacco products and vaping
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited February 2019
    Parents that feel shaming their chikdren is an effective form of discipline.

It’s scary to me, how many parents feel it is an appropriate way to punish. You should have seen this Mother this morning at drop off, yelling at her son and name calling him through the car window because he closed the door a little hard. I think if I was anywhere that wasn’t in front of my sons school it would have turned ugly. Some people really just don’t deserve the kids they are blessed with.
  • SirMxyzptlk
    SirMxyzptlk Posts: 841 Member
    People wanting me to work more than I want.
  • Mean_Spice
    Mean_Spice Posts: 279 Member
    edited February 2019
    I retire in two months, my wife is already starting to line-up side gigs for me. Had to tell what do you not understand about retirement?
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    edited February 2019
    When people have a dog/dogs and don't keep their fence secured well enough to keep the dog in.
    Breaks my heart whenever I see a dog that has obviously gotten out and I always feel obligated to stop and try to deal with it.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    edited February 2019
    People who spit their gum out on the sidewalk. WTF man.
    And have you ever felt it under a table top at a restaurant?
    Grossy, gross gross

*Edit, also people who just spit on the sidewalk, or wherever
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    When you can smell the disinfectant in the restrooms from the waiting room of a restaurant. :s
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Parents that feel shaming their chikdren is an effective form of discipline.

It’s scary to me, how many parents feel it is an appropriate way to punish. You should have seen this Mother this morning at drop off, yelling at her son and name calling him through the car window because he closed the door a little hard. I think if I was anywhere that wasn’t in front of my sons school it would have turned ugly. Some people really just don’t deserve the kids they are blessed with.

Actually... Embarrassment can be a very affective parenting tool... If use properly

But I would agree, all that lady did was prove that she can't handle her kid...
  • foxtrot1965
    foxtrot1965 Posts: 133 Member
    entitlement relative to rank; I don't care if you are VP