LOL: Weight Trending App!

So, I'm a happy Libra user, for weight trend tracking. In maintenance, because I tend to eat very unevenly, I get a lot of meaningless fluctuations, so I changed the advanced settings to use longer time horizons for smoothing & forecasts (30d smoothing, 60d forecast, as compared with 7d default values for both, for the tech/stats geeks out there).

Just recently, I decided I should buckle down a bit, and be consistent with a tiny deficit, to start slowly dropping some Winter/holidays weight.

This made me chuckle (note the purple circle/arrow near the lower right):
kgezduvia4qi.jpg

So touched that the app thinks a 63 y/o li'l ol' lady's gonna live another 10,000+ years. ;)

FWIW, if I switch back to the 7-day default, it predicts goal achievement at June 3, 2019 . . . maybe food for thought for anyone who thinks these apps are a technological crystal ball. ;)

Just a more statistically sophisticated version of MFP's "In 5 weeks . . . " thingie, really.

Replies

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    s9q695m1fkq5.png
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,902 Member
    Ernestine Sheperd get outta here! AnnPT77 just showed you up. B):D
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited February 2019
    LOL yeah I got predicted I'd reach my goal (and I'm talking only 3lbs) in 2030, yours has pipped that :smiley:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,905 Member
    Yikes. See, those ups and downs would stress me out...they look so big - even though your total weight swing is nine pounds, that's pretty dramatic in just a couple months' time. I don't get those kind of swings at all.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    Yikes. See, those ups and downs would stress me out...they look so big - even though your total weight swing is nine pounds, that's pretty dramatic in just a couple months' time. I don't get those kind of swings at all.

You probably eat like a responsible grown up. I don't always. ;) I bank, and peak, as a habit. This is how it looks in wilder stretches.

My birthday, US Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years are in there . . . some of those pretty evident in the spikes. The roughly 2-pound trend is real: Winter. The daily weight swings are mostly water weight/digestive contents nonsense, NBD, no stress.

There's a longer term quite gradual uptrend: That's more a worry, and what I'm trying to back down right now.