Random Thought For the Day

Replies

• MrSunshinez
    MrSunshinez Posts: 573 Member
    1sphere wrote: »
    I won't surrender to darkness, but I might surrender to failure.

I prefer to surrender to the unknown. I'll be ready for the fight and ready for the light.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    My new word for the day:

commensalism -
    an association between two organisms in which one benefits and the other derives neither harm nor benefit.
    :/
  • ogma6
    ogma6 Posts: 14 Member
    Why do drive-up ATM machines have braille on the buttons? If you are that blind, hoi w did you drive there?
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Bottled water companies do not produce water, they produce plastic bottles.
  • honeybee__12
    yecpmf8rj5vu.jpeg
  • cee134
    Garlic is an anticoagulant. Eating garlic to ward off vampires is actually propaganda by vampires to make humans bleed more efficiently.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Cleaning your ear canal with q-tips is a BAD idea. If you have excessive ear wax it's not because you aren't a clean person. Wax builds up from the inside out and some people just produce more of it than others. Using q-tips isn't gonna get that impacted chunk of wax out, but it will push it in farther and impact it harder/denser. It's also a blind sweep so you could end up injuring your eardrum.
  • cee134
    sarjenki wrote: »
    Cleaning your ear canal with q-tips is a BAD idea. If you have excessive ear wax it's not because you aren't a clean person. Wax builds up from the inside out and some people just produce more of it than others. Using q-tips isn't gonna get that impacted chunk of wax out, but it will push it in farther and impact it harder/denser. It's also a blind sweep so you could end up injuring your eardrum.

The instructions actually say not to stick it in the ear but use it around the ear.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    sarjenki wrote: »

The instructions actually say not to stick it in the ear but use it around the ear.

That labeling was probably brought about by someone trying to sue the q-tip makers. I imagine most people who use them stick them in their ear canal. I use them to apply antibiotic ointments to my kids' boo boos but I'm probably in the minority.
  • honeybee__12
    m0143bdmoiv4.jpeg
  • cee134
    Since dust is partly made of human cells, an old library isn’t just a collection of books but also a collection of the people who walk through it.
  • cee134
    Maroon 5 is what a pumpkin spiced latte would sound like if it started a band.
  • thepainmaker88
    thepainmaker88 Posts: 365 Member
    Whoever proof read Hitlers speeches must have been a grammar Nazi
  • cee134
    87.3 percent of the world's population will believe any oddly specific statistic you give them.
  • thepainmaker88
    thepainmaker88 Posts: 365 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    87.3 percent of the world's population will believe any oddly specific statistic you give them.

This feels like a trap