OMAD KETO Warrior - Daily Journal

Replies

• hjstewart40
    hjstewart40 Posts: 117 Member
    ADF round 9 is now in the books. I’m going to break this fast with a bone In Ribeye and then follow it up with a couple of T-bones before kicking off ADF round 10 at 6:00P. So thankful for the great progress. #ADF #IntermittentFasting #ZeroCarb #carnivore
    kxi95190hoe8.jpeg
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    AWESOME and welcome to Onederland :)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Onderland Yeaaaa!!!
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    I went to zerocarb after I had reached my desired weight. I do wonder how it would have gone had I done zerocarb the whole time. My feeling is that it would have been even better. It's certainly working for you now.
  • hjstewart40
    I cut this round a little short at 24 Hours which means I weighed in after a feeding session which is never optimal (resulting in bigger bounce than normal) Wife cooked some salmon so ate that plus quite a bit more than usual including indulging in some carbs. On to the next round and back to 38 Hours ADF
    f6kyeh16d3a2.jpeg
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited January 2018
    Can eating only meat harm the kidneys? I know I would be concerned about that. Also, I wonder if it would cause me gout. I do think the gout thing might not come up if no carbs were being eaten but I know a lot of meat and sugar at the same time is deadly for me due to gout.
  • hjstewart40
    edited January 2018
    Round 11 in the books
    sxf2izkxusro.jpeg
  • hjstewart40
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Can eating only meat harm the kidneys? I know I would be concerned about that. Also, I wonder if it would cause me gout. I do think the gout thing might not come up if no carbs were being eaten but I know a lot of meat and sugar at the same time is deadly for me due to gout.

Not according to the doctors I follow. Check out Dr. Shawn Baker and Dr. Ted Neiman as just a couple good examples. They and others are very active on Twitter and Instagram.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    How is it going?
  • hjstewart40
    edited May 2018
    *208.20* [-36.80 lbs] * 60 CALS * 40 HOUR FAST *
    Time to get back focused again! All in all not too much damage as I am still about 10 lbs from my low of last year.

I have been intermittently fasting since April 17th which resulted in about a 5 lb loss. I'm back to my varied IF routine that includes a 42 hour fast followed by a single high protein/low carbohydrate meal (OMAD) which is then followed by a 30 hour fast which is followed by another high protein/low carbohydrate meal. The end result is that I eat One Meal A Day 2 out of every 3 days with the 3rd day being a full fasting day. I then repeat the process. (see partial spreadsheet image attached for an idea of what the schedule looks like.)

I will mix things up if the weight is not coming off by throwing in extended fasts. I had one fast in April that was 60+ hours. I don't plan on doing that too much as I know the 2/3 day routine is a solid one and has worked for me in the past. I am about to go on vacation today, so I probably did not pick a good time to start documenting, but what the heck, let's get the party started!

I just broke a 40 hour fast this morning with (24) ounces of Rib-eye and a can of Spanish sardines. I will post that meal and how it impacted my weight loss tomorrow. I always post what I ate the day before so I can include the results it had on my weight loss the next day. One other change from last round, I have been working out in the gym for the past six weeks. I average 3-4 times a week and try to do weight lifting only for 30-minute sessions.

ww2mhtczblhb.jpg
    igcy1jj5aexx.png

• DarthWaderMT
    DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
    Thanks for sharing your journey with us! I am starting keto, on my second week, mainly for treating issues like insulin resistance, chronic pain and inflammation, and others. Not so much for weightloss, omad fasting alone seems to work for me in that department. Keep up the good work!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Welcome back!
  • hjstewart40
    02/04 - 218.50 (OMAD Day 01)
    Well, let's see if I can catch "lightning in a bottle" one more time. As you can see from my post-Super Bowl weigh in I deviated just a tad from my OMAD ways and got exactly what I had coming to me, the mother of all bounce ups. The good news is I have the 2-year-old history of this blog to reflect back on and apply the same techniques I did before that saw me get just south of wonderland before I went off looking for the next shiny object.

The drill is the same, I eat one meal a day that is around 1100-1250 total CALS, more often than not very KETO like or even CARNIVORE. As things progress I will incorporate some full FASTING days to "shake things up" and hopefully continue my progress downwards. The bottom line is I know this works, I only need to be committed to the process as I was before.

That's all for now, tomorrow I will post what I ate today and the results alongside my KETO cheat meter and a recent chart.
  • hjstewart40
    edited February 2019
    02/05 - 216.40 (OMAD Day 02) -2.10 lbs O/N *1,050 CALS* 1g C/61g F/113g P (24 HR FAST)
    Not too bad for my 1st day of OMAD. Still very disappointed in my bounce up but at least I am heading back in the right direction again. The image shows I at a full (12) oz T-Bone Steak with 4 eggs cooked in a tbsp of bacon fat. What is not pictured is the (3) cups of coffee I drink on the day with a little half & half. I really should have removed the picture of the sardines as I just did not eat them. I took one bite and threw the rest away. I was full at the time and did not feel like forcing them down.

Also in view is the KETO cheat meter showing a "light GREEN" which means I am just showing trace amounts of ketosis. Hopefully, this will get closer to a darker YELLOW and eventually RED in the coming days. The chart is typical for me in that it shows as I lose focus I gradually shart the climb to a higher weight. My plan is stay focused this round so that I can reach the ultimate prize of 175 and then maintain that weight for good.

I will pretty much have the same meal today with the exception of drinking a protein shake along with the meal with no sardines. This should get my protein grams up to close to 145g and CALS up to 1,200 or so. I will include a picture of this tomorrow. Per the plan, I will continue this until things slow down at which time I will sprinkle in a 42 hour fast to "shake things up".
    60s4lj10mbg5.png
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    I am glad you are back and am looking forward to seeing your progress. Way to jump in there and get those losses.
  • Brendalea69
    Welcome back!!! :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Welcome back friend! Your meals always make me crave red meat LOL
  • Brendalea69
    LadyBlanks wrote: »
    I am glad you are back and am looking forward to seeing your progress. Way to jump in there and get those losses.

Hey girl, where you been???
  • hjstewart40
    edited February 2019
    02/06 - 214.50 (OMAD Day 03) -1.90 lbs O/N *1,210 CALS* 6g C/64g F/143g P (24 HR FAST)
    Wow, a very nice O/N loss. I added a bit more calories so I could get my protein grams up but still a nice response. Adding the protein shake did not seem to cause any issues. Needless to say, I will continue with the same routine today and for the foreseeable future until such time things stop progressing in my favor. As such, I stocked up on eggs and have two more T-Bones thawing out ready to go.

Oddly enough my cheat meter is still showing light GREEN so I will keep a watch on that. It may take a few days, maybe even as long as a week before it shows deeper ketosis. I'm really not too concerned about the aspect of my plan, I just like seeing the data point each morning.

I'm still getting used to just eating at 1:00 PM so things get a little more difficult later in the evening. Still, I know this is the small price that has to be paid for this to work. I will gladly sacrifice a little discomfort at night for the results I am already seeing.

muqzyi0kuf7e.png

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Love your meal pics :)