Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited January 2019
    Hi Ladies ~ Quick check in before the day is out. Sorry I missed you all on Friday. Let's see for workouts: Legs in the a.m. + Spinning Friday evening after work, Saturday I did PHA2 for the 2nd time and loved it. Then yesterday I did the LITE Pyramid Lower workout. I think that is moving into position for one of my favorites for Legs. It is as if she put nearly all my favorite moves into 1 leg workout. I went heavier through the whole workout than Cathe again, it was just really good! <3 DH and I headed over to the big RV Show in Spokane yesterday .... he has been wanting to upgrade to a nicer and lighter trailer than the one we have. So we did some looking but we were over there way longer than I planned. I am going to head home tonight and get things organized for leaving right after work Wednesday. Found out we are going to stay across from the airport on Wednesday night instead of getting up at 2:30. Our flight leaves at 5:00. So that will be nice and we can leave our car there for FREE the whole time we are gone.

Laurel: Fantastic workouts as always! We had beautiful sunny skies but cold of course and then foggy in the a.m.'s. Praying we have wonderful weather in Kauai. We have found out eventhough it is one of the most beautiful it is also one of the rainiest. So fingers crossed. I know there is a southern portion we can travel too that is sunny a lady told me. No matter what it will be amazing.

Laurie: Yay on loving the PHA2 workout as well!!! Way to go. Awesome job mixing it up with the different instructors as well. Sorry Rocket's coat didn't fit. Hopefully the next one will.

3 more sleeps ladies!!!! I will talk to you all tomorrow.

Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,508 Member
    Hi Ladies, workouts have been pretty light and I've done light cardio and stretching. I didn't workout on Sunday and today I did a dancing workout by a beautiful Indian instructor whose name I can't remember. It felt good!

The packing continues and it's good to start seeing empty spaces. Tomorrow I will start cleaning up the house as much as possible before our trip so the pet sitter isn't horrified about the mess our house is now. Boxes everywhere and little piles of things here and there. I've gotten rid of more clothes but not my shoes. I can't believe how many pairs of shoes I own.

My back and my knees are bodering me. I guess going up/down the stairs so much hasn't agreed with my knees.

Everything in northern GA will be closed tomorrow due to the snow. You ladies will laugh but all this because of the posibility of 1-3 inches or snow! It has been cold there though but it will be warmer by the time we get there on Sunday.
    OMG DH is going to let me drive the truck!!! I'm freaking out! Friday will be all about loading up the truck and we will leave early on Saturday morning. We don't have a hotel reservation for Saturday night because DH wants to see how far we travel that day. We hope to be able to do some unloading on Sunday when we get to Blue Ridge. We will fry back on Tuesday.

Ladies, you are killing it with your your workouts! I can't wait to have my life back! I am so sick of packing and I still have to live through the unpacking! At least like Laurel said that can be done at a slower pace.

Tami, have a wonderful trip!!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,414 Member
    Morning Ladies,

So after I got home yesterday, I did LiTe Strong Body Stacked Lower Body plus Abs. I went heavier than the last time on every exercise. There are some that I can safely go heavier, so will adjust. I actually really enjoyed the abs on this one with the MMA influence. It reminded me of the ab work that Kelly does, so I think that's why I enjoyed the moves so much. This morning was XTrain Chest, Back & Shoulders. Tomorrow is suppose to be the coldest day, this morning was only -4. :o Only problem with these temps is the black ice on the roads, just very happy everyone was driving slowly this morning.

Laurel, Love that you and your DH are getting in those hikes. Hopefully when it warms up around here, we will be getting out to walk also. Great job on the workouts. I love that you got the right weight, it really does make the hr go up for sure. I'm sure that your DH will be one of the only brave people out in that amount of snow. I wish that we had only that amount, getting around yesterday was crazy. Getting to work was fine, but leaving there was a lot more people out since the roads where plowed.

Tami, Great job on the workouts. LOL about all the moves in the Pyramid workout being your favorites. I actually enjoyed it also, and I don't often say that. I think getting the step ups done right away helped. Can't believe that you are so close to heading out on your vacation. I will be dreaming of the warm temperatures while you are gone. I should probably call the replacement coat in sometime today, just have been busy.

Thelma, Nice that you are getting in some workouts. I'm sure that the going up and down and lifting are causing some aches and pains. I'm sure you will do just fine with driving the truck. I'm not surprised about the closing for that amount of snow, they don't see it as much as we do. They don't invest in the snow removal equipment either.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    Hi Ladies! Like Thelma mentioned about Blue Ridge, we are under a Winter Storm Warning. All the schools are closed. The Army base is closed. All colleges are closed. All government offices are closed. DH left for work early and said we had it worse up here on the hill than they did in town. Here is a photo of our back yard......

3mteqf0vi6b5.jpeg

:p

I think this living in the south may take some getting used to after all. :) Actually, I was worried about ice on the roads because it rained last evening before turning to snow, and the road up to our house is pretty steep and curvy. But DH said they had already treated it when he was out before 6:00am, so that is good to know. And blue skies now. B)

Anyhow, my workout today was a good one. I decided to stick with the Meso 1 leg workouts again this week, so I did STS Disc 6. I felt really strong on it. For cardio, I did S&S Cardio Slam into the LITE Body Weights and Band Calorie Crush followed by LITE Abs #2. That made for a really good combo.

Tami, I can’t believe you are a day away from starting your trip!! How exciting!! I hope it doesn’t rain too much on you, but even if it does rain, it will still be warm. Great workouts! Glad you enjoyed that Pyramid Pump Lower Body workout. I totally agree with what you said about it.

Thelma, good job getting what workouts in that you can and what feels good on your body. Your move is coming up so quickly!! I am sure you will be fine with the truck, especially on the open road. I think your approach for driving until you don’t want to drive anymore is a good one.

Laurie, great workouts! Both of the lower body workouts from LITE are true winners for me. I am glad you enjoyed the Ab work. I have done it three times now, and now I wonder why it bothered me so much the first time I did it! :o Like I said before, trying out new workouts with a pounding headache probably isn’t smart. Stay safe in those cold temperatures. I can only imagine with the humidity and the wind (if there is any) how brutally cold it may feel. We had those kind of temps in Alaska, but no humidity and no wind. And I will take that every single day over what you are experiencing, that’s for sure.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, somehow I hurt my shoulder so I'm feeling it. My workout today was part I of cleaning this big old house, doing laundry, not much packing but I did go through a kitchen cabinet where we store our plastic storage containers and yikes! We had stuff in there that we certainly don't need anymore. Boy, do I miss the cleaning lady. Vacuuming this house and two staircases is hard! Our Dyson vacuum is heavy too.
    Tomorrow will cleaning bathrooms and dusting, packing kitchen stuff and figuring out what I need to take for our trip.
    It is snowing here tonight so hopefully it won't be too much and it's also going to get very cold. I've not left the house since Saturday so I don't know how cold it is here.

People in Blue Ridge were upset that the snow didn't really happen. It was a dusting that seem to have melted pretty quickly. The livecams there showed hardly any human activity on the strees. Everything was closed.

Laurie, outstanding job with your workouts and congrats on going heavier!! You go girl!

Laurel, you survived the blizzard of 2019! LOL. You did get a lot of snow for that area! Black ice seems to be the big concern in the south. It will take time to get used to living in the south for many reasons! Great workouts!!!

at0jr0hxehmh.jpg

DH hopes we can drive at least 12 hours on Saturday. We are going to start packing the truck on Thursday night and will finish on Friday. This way it won't be so hard on our bodies. I worry about DH since he will do most of the heavy lifting. The heaviest thing we have inside the house is a giant flat screen tv which is pretty heavy.

Tami, have a wonderful time!!!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Wow it is cold this morning with -26 at our house, that doesn't account for the wind. Straight line, those flags look beautiful. :D I'm all by myself so far in the office. I made sure that I put my vehicle in the right position, so that the brunt of the wind wasn't blowing into my engine. Both DH and dd are off of work today. :o I had to get bundled up this morning to take Rocket outside, glad that I had the house as a buffer from the wind. Of course when I got up this morning I had a dang headache, but I got myself downstairs for a workout. I did the LiTe Rev'd Up Rumble plus Calorie Crush Premix. I was able to do most of the workout, but a few of the moves in the calorie crush had to be modified. ;)

Laurel, LOL with the amount of snow. Glad to hear that they treated the roads so that your DH was able to safely get to work. I don't need to take a pic of our snow, since everyone knows what 2 feet of snow looks like in this group. :D You do have a lot of trees in your yard though, so I can understand how much work raking was for you. Everything is closed today around here also, and some stores are barely open. They are talking about limited hours. Great job on your workouts, will have to try out that combo of Cardio Party and Calorie Crush with the bands. I love the lower body workouts in this new series, it seems that each workout hits a different portion of the legs. I think that the band workout works the glutes more or am I mistaken.

Thelma, Sorry to hear about your shoulder. Sounds like your house cleaning is a workout itself. I hear you on the storage containers, we have been getting rid of a lot of the plastic ones and going to glass. It is so much easier for my DH to just grab one of those with leftovers. Those TV's are tough, because they are awkward to handle. 12 hours is doable, but it all depends on the weather and traffic.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout did not start well. I went to plug in my DVD.....and my brand new DVD player decided it didn’t want to workout today. :s Thank goodness I have the On Demand option! So that had me steaming going into my first workout.....which ended up being a great workout in the end. It was XTrain Disc 2/Biceps and Triceps. I am feeling unusually strong this week for some reason. For cardio, since I was still frustrated, I decided kickboxing would be good. :) So I did LITE Rev’d Up Rumble into Cathe Live Cardio Boxing with Stability Ball Abs. So good! And I feel much less frustrated now. :D

Thelma, that photo has me giggling. It really was pretty ridiculous yesterday. But now we know what to expect. Like Laurie said, I think you will be good doing 12 hours that first day, especially if you don’t exhaust yourselves the day before by moving everything into the truck that day. I can’t believe your move is already here! No doubt your head is spinning, but what an exciting time. Glad you are listening to your body and not overdoing it with the workouts. Moving is so hard on the body. I carry around a set of overuse and chronic injuries from all our moves. That is not something I am proud of. I would much rather have gotten them from doing something more enjoyable!

Laurie, yikes on the cold!! Those kind of temperatures just make me hurt all over. I am glad businesses and such are being cautious about those temps because they really are dangerous. I am just sorry you weren’t able to stay home too! Great workout for such a tough morning, though. We were on the same wavelength with that workout. Next time I do it, I think I will double it. It is just so much fun. And, yes, I would say the band workout focuses more on the glutes. I know I am feeling these lower body workouts plenty in my hips right now, which is so good. Talk about a ‘trouble zone’. :#

Tami, I hope you have a wonderful trip. Relax, restore and enjoy my friend. Aloha!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, another brutal day around here. I spent the afternoon packing dishes and my meal prep food containers. I have all shapes and sizes because when I'm good about preparing my meals, each meal goes in a separate container. I also got rid of more plastic containers, cleaned the empty cabinets. I helped DH carry upstairs the boxes he had in the basement to the first floor where we've staged all the boxes, I packed another box with more of my stuff and did some laundry. I also cleaned the 3 bathrooms. I did an awesome job cleaning the glass shower door, no water stains!

Lori, great workouts! OMG, I can't believe you had to take Rocket outside! Did his pee freeze as he was peeing? Sorry, tired and delirious! LOL
    Stay warm!! We will get hit with the cold temps tomorrow, just on time for us to be outside loading the truck!!

Laurel, I'm sorry your new DVD player broke! I hope you can get it fixed. How fortunate that you have the Cathe on demand service! Great workouts!! Glad that blizzard picture gave you a few giggles. My friend Susan posted a picture on Facebook of an ex-coworker who moved from NH to NC trying to shovel the dusting NC had gotten with a tiny, toy shovel! LOL
    I have no idea how we are functioning at this point Laurel. I honestly think we will take the majority of our things in this trip. We have made a nice dent. I think it will take me months to unpack! LOL
    I haven't taken any pain meds but I think I will start tomorrow.

Good night ladies and if I don't have time to write the next two days I will at least let you know of our whereabouts.
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Another cold morning with -29, but we don't have the coldest temps in the state this morning. All good, guess when it warms up to the 40's this weekend it will be t-shirt weather. :D Anyway this morning was XTrain Bi's & Tri's, and I worked them good.

Laurel, Great job recovering with the DVD player malfunctioning. It is nice that you have the On Demand option. Great job on the workouts. Have to say that the Rev'd Up Rumble is a great workout. I actually enjoyed the cardio crush portion, it was like adding on a little HiiT workout. I was tempted by the double one, but I thought I should probably try the basic premix before attempting any of the scrambles. Thanks for the confirmation on the band workout, this series is really leg intensive in my opinion. I love that fact, because I don't think that I work my legs enough. I just love these because they are short enough, and I feel like I get a great workout. I'm going to tack on the leg work from the band workout onto one of the leg workouts. It appears to be around 20 min., so should be a good add on. I actually love coming into work on days like yesterday and today. No one is on the road, and I get a lot of work done. I had my first meeting with my boss yesterday, and I think that this is going to be a huge improvement to our department. I'm actually excited.

Thelma, I'm exhausted reading what you accomplished yesterday. That is a workout cleaning the bathrooms. ;) What did you use to clean the water stains? I have tried so many things and nothing seems to work. Maybe it is just our water. LOL I don't think that his pee was freezing, but the snow is up to his private area so it must be getting pretty cold. I'm just glad that he has those booties, otherwise he would be needing us to carry him into the house. DH and dd finally where able to get the booties on him yesterday.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today I decided to challenge myself with a long spin workout. I did XTrain Ride Extreme premix which is 82 minutes long. Once the endorphins kicked in (at about the hour point), it felt great! :) Actually, the XTrain Ride workout is one of my favorite spin workouts, so I pretty much enjoyed the whole thing. I followed it with LITE Extended Stretch 2 which is skyrocketing to the top of my favorite stretches list quickly. Love how this one stretches out the glutes and hips.

Thelma, thanks for the recall warning. It seems like every day anymore, some form of food is recalled. I know these next few days are going to be tough. Hang in there!! You have my full sympathies and understanding. Like I have said many times, moving is physically brutal! But it sounds like you are making great progress. I echo Laurie’s question about what you used on your shower glass. No matter what I use, I seem to get residue and it drives me crazy! So please share when you get a chance.

Laurie, :o at those temps! Our first winter in Alaska way back when was unspeakably cold. We were below zero for months on end and below -25 most of that. At that time, it was the coldest winter on record in Fairbanks.....not something I ever wanted to experience if the truth be told. :) I remember when it got up to zero feeling so warm I had to remove my gloves and open my coat! That is, no doubt, how you will feel this weekend. Enjoy it!! Too bad about all that snow because, otherwise, it sounds like it could be a great weekend to be out and about. Great workout this morning! I will be interested to hear your reaction to the band work. I agree that this series seems to be more lower body focused, and, like you, I think that benefits me quite a bit. I am glad to hear your new boss is moving everything in the right direction. It is so good to be excited about your work!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, what a day! today was very cold, sunny but not windy which was perfect for us.

OMG the 16 ft truck turned out to be quite roomy. We had to pack more boxes because we saw we could take much more than planned. Today we loaded the majority of our boxes. Poor Ray did the heavy lifting but I also helped a lot. It got to a point where I couldn’t help anymore because the boxes were too big or too heavy for me.
    We are going to end up taking I would say 75-80% of our things. The bigger and heavier things we were going to take on the next trip are going on this truckload. Two armoires, the freezer and 2 huge cat trees that we though would go on the second trip are going with us now. We will pack more stuff tomorrow.

I don't know that we will need a truck next time. Maybe we can just haul something with my Grand Cherokee or rent a mini-van.

I was very tired and my back was hurting but I took an Aleve and a nap and I feel great! I'll keep taking Aleve!

I am not looking forward to unloading the truck but it should be easier because there won’t really be stairs like we have here.

We are hoping to leave no later than 6AM on Saturday. I am not looking forward to driving that truck but I am going to give it a shot as long as I don’t have to make any turns!

OK the shower glass door cleaning method:
    I have been using the squeege after every shower and I noticed that doing that kept the doors from getting water stains. I still had water tains on the areas where I couldn't get to with the squeege as we have sliding doors. The squeege part is key I think.

Last night I sprayed the doors with Kaboom Foam-Tastic with OxiClean (the spray can). I let Kaboom do its magic for a few minutes then took a wet washcloth and scrubbed the doors. I got the shower going so it would partially rinse the doors. I then used a bowl to pour water over the doors to rinse them out. I followed with the squeege and finally dried the doors with an absorvent microfiber cloth. Perfection! No water spots! I think I'm going to become OCD about these shower doors!
    I am the only one who uses this shower though so it's easier to keep it clean. If this method doesn't work, DH found a solution online once before when it was pretty bad and I think it was a mixture of vinegar and water.

Ladies, great job with your workouts!
    Laurie, glad your DH and dd managed to get those booties on Rocket!

Laurel, food and medicine recalls seem to happen very frequently these days. Moving is very hard on the body for sure. I am worried about DH trying to be the hero by moving the majority of boxes on his own. I've been offering him Aleve all day but he says he's OK.

Good night ladies and have a great weekend.

Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I did 30MTF Build & Burn Cardio Core, that one is a lot of fun. Our temps this morning where above zero, and it will get warmer as the day goes on. Can't believe that we all where excited about 2 degrees, but anything above zero is warm now. :D

Laurel, Great job on the spinning, it sounds like you had a good workout. Okay now you are making me want to do the extended stretch on these workouts. So far I'm impressed with all the stretching, they seem to be really good so I'm glad to hear that the extended stretching is also that way. We have had extended stretches of below zero before, and you are right once it hits above zero everyone is wanting to feel the heat. :D I just told my boss that he is becoming a Wisconsinite, he was so happy that it was 2 degrees. He is from Kansas. I'm looking forward to S&S PHA tomorrow. I'm sure that you will be doing that one today.

Thelma, Have a great trip to GA starting tomorrow. Sorry to hear that your back is still hurting. Thank you for the information on the shower doors, will have to remember the squeegee. I'm glad to hear that you have the majority of items in the truck, that will be nice to not have that big of a load on your next trip. Take care of yourself, and your back.

Have a wonderful weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    edited February 2019
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with S&S PHA. It has been way too long since I last did this workout, and I absolutely loved it this morning. In fact, I loved it so much that I am toying with focusing on the S&S workouts during our first ‘rest week’ two weeks from now (before moving to STS Meso 2). I don’t do the S&S workouts enough, to be honest.....and they really are good. Like I said, something I am toying with at the moment. I followed it with the S&S Abs. For cardio, I lightened things up a bit since I have done some long cardio sessions this week. So I turned to cardio and resistance, and did Cathe Live Smoking Upper Body Blast. Still a favorite Live workout, that’s for sure.

Thelma, oh I so feel your pain. Yay for being able to get more into your first load than anticipated. When we did the two truck move to Florida, we took the bulk in the first load making the second load much less ‘dread-worthy’. I hope your truck came with a ramp and dolly. I know ours had a ramp, but now I am trying to remember if we used our own dolly or not. I just know it was so helpful because, like you, I couldn’t lift a lot of the boxes. But I could operate a dolly. I am glad the Aleve helped with the aches and pain. I will be thinking about you this weekend. I hope your drive goes super smoothly. Be safe!! And thank you for the information in the shower glass! I know I should squeegee it after every shower, but I don’t think my DH would do that every day. So I will try the Ka-boom and see how that works.

Laurie, great workout! Bet those ‘warm’ temperatures feel good. :) We are supposed to hit 70 next week. :o I don’t mind one bit, that’s for sure! The extended stretches in this new series are really good. This first one is more gentle and flow-y, and the second is more straight-forward. Neither feels too long or overdone. In fact, the second one is so good, I wish it were longer. And I rarely say that about stretch workouts!

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, DH was done packing the truck by 3 pm today. OMG, the armoire was so heavy! We had to take it down one stairway inside the house and then across the porch, down the 4-5 steps and then across a little walkway to the truck and up the truck ramp!!! OMG! It totally left me drained.

The unloading will be brutal! Ray refused to use the dolly from the porch to the truck as he was already carrying the boxes. The only thing he used it for was to get the freezer from the basement, across the yard, and into the truck. Then he wanted to leave the dolly buried in the front of the truck!!! I made him put it in the back so it is the first thing he pulls out of the truck. We won’t use it for anything going on the main level but we will use it for anything going into the garage or the lower level which you have to get to through a little ramp going downhill. Can you believe this man! He did 99% of the loading today. He even loaded the huge TV all by himself! I was kind of glad about this though. I hated helping him carry that huge thing and we have an even bigger TV for the next trip! YIKES!

Have a great weekend ladies and thanks for the good wishes!!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited February 2019
    Morning Ladies,

On Saturday DH wanted to go for a walk so we went on an hour long walk in the warm weather that we are enjoying right now. So by the time we got back I didn't have my mind in the right frame. So S&S PHAT didn't happen until Sunday, and I'm happy that I did it. Such a great workout. This morning I did a workout from Jillian's app, it was Day 1 of her Kickbox Body rotation. These workouts all are around 30 min., and I was surprised at how good it was. I followed that up with PiYo Define: Lower Body. I'm going to be a little behind now, but it sure was nice to enjoy a walk in the warm weather. I should be back on track when we do the rest week.

Laurel, I can totally understand why you love that workout so much, I felt the same way and my hr was way up there. I think that my bi's where still a little sore from the XTrain workout, so I had to go down on the weight for that move. Great job on the upper body workout also. I hope that you where able to enjoy the warm temps, as you can see we took advantage of the 40's. We are suppose to be going back into the 20's after today, and then some more snow. :p Thanks for the stretching information, I will be adding those on at some point soon.

Thelma, I can't believe that your DH hauled all that by himself. I hope your trip went smoothly, and that getting all your belongings into the house went well. Enjoy your new home.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. We had beautiful weather on Saturday. Sunshine and a high near 70. Like Laurie and her DH, we took advantage and went for a long walk. We have a paved path at the bottom of the hill we live on that goes down to the Tennessee River. Last week it was completely flooded at the river, so we set out thinking we would go until the path got covered by water. Well it dried up this week and we made it all the way to the end of the path. By the time we got back to the car, we had gone nearly 9 miles! But it felt great and DH’s fitness is improving so much. It made me very happy to see. Yesterday we went for a much shorter walk, though (3 miles).....but we still did something to enjoy the weather.

On Saturday, before the walk, DH was at work for a few hours, so I took that opportunity to do P90X2 Yoga. Love that one but rarely feel like taking the time to do it. So glad I did this weekend, though. Yesterday was LITE Stacked Sets Lower Body followed by Cathe Live HiiT It, Strike It and Crunch it, and I added the Calorie Crush from Rev’d Up Rumble in before the Crunch It past. Unfortunately today....all this activity has caught up with me. :o I did XTrain Disc 1/Chest, Back and Shoulders and that felt great. But the first jump in my cardio, and my body said ‘nope!’ To be honest, I have been struggling a bit with what feels like shin splints since DH and I walked last weekend.....to a point that I went and bought new walking shoes yesterday. Too late it seems because one push off my toes was it for me. I had something like this a few years ago when we were living in Florida that I thought was my knee. But it ended up not being my knee, thankfully. And this is definitely shin/calf related. So I did a long stretch and then tried the spin cycle to see how that felt. And it was fine. So I did LIS Cycle Max Express. I figure it will probably be no impact spin for me the rest of the week. Good thing I like spin!

Thelma, I was thinking about you all weekend. I hope you made it to Georgia safely and all your belongings survived the trip. No doubt you are exhausted. Sounds like your DH is a real trooper! But I hope you both walked into your new home and said ‘This is so worth all this pain!’ I am anxious to hear how everything went.

Laurie, we were with you on Saturday. We were so warm here, though, I was in a short sleeved shirt.....and could have been in shorts! It felt so good. I wouldn’t think twice about being a little behind on this rotation. One of the reasons I suggested weeks in between the ‘cycles’ is to allow for make-up days. :) I have a feeling that I will need to catch up on a few lower body workouts once my leg starts feeling better. Sorry to hear your good weather is short-lived. But even here we are supposed to drop 30 degrees between Thursday and Friday (from 70 to 40)! But no snow, of course.

Tami, hope your trip is going well!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Back to "normal" for us temps this morning, and Rocket got to wear his new coat this morning. I think that he likes it, because he wasn't running to the house because he was cold. ;) I did LiTe Pyramid Pump Lower Body, and I'm planning on doing another Jillian app workout when I get home. Those are nice and short, so should work for motivation to do something. This one looks like it is a lot of kicking moves.

Laurel, Great job on ALL the workouts. I'm so sorry to hear that you have the shin/calf problem, it sounds like it hurts. Hey going low impact spinning is a awesome option. Sounds like your walk was really nice, and I would love to be in shorts and a t-shirt. The 40's where nice though. I'm still loving these LiTe lower body workouts, and this morning I upped the weights. I think that I found a good weight for this workout. I'm impressed with the calorie burn on this one also. It was on par with the SS PHA workout on Sunday, but my hr was slightly higher on the PHA.

Tami & Thelma, Hope that you are both doing well.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! My leg is improving but not normal yet. Last time I had this, I remember it taking a couple of weeks to feel better, but this time doesn’t seem as bad as last time. Ironically, it was my last time with these shin splints and using my DH’s Max Trainer (which I don’t love) that planted the seed for a spin cycle. So glad I have that option right now! So for my workout today, I did STS Disc 9/Legs, but took the weight way down in those moves where I needed to push off on my foot. Even with that modification, it still was a great workout. I followed it with STS Pilates Based Abs. For cardio, I did Cathe’s Pedal Power Timesaver #1 premix. I am doing the timesaver or express options so I don’t get too burned out on spin. But oh my this workout had me drenched this morning! I can’t imagine how I would have felt if I had done the full thing. :o

Laurie, sorry to hear about the return to colder weather, but I am glad Rocket liked his coat. We are 70 degrees today, which is very unusual for this time of year. We slept with the bedroom windows open last night....and woke up to birds chirping this morning! Suffice it to say I don’t miss Alaska today. :) That LITE Pyramid Lower Body workout is going to become one of my favorite lower body workouts....even with the step ups. I just love how it both challenges the legs and the heart....and all in a relatively short amount of time.

Until tomorrow!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, we're back in MA! We are exhausted! We had a great trip and drove straight thru to Blue Ridge. It took us about 17.5 hrs travel time. We ended up going through 12 states including MA

Left Sudbury, MA at 5:30 am. and got to Blue Ridge at 11:15 pm. I didn't drive the truck. DH drove the entire time. He didn't complain once and he just wanted to get to GA on the same day. We were so glad we both had the energy to keep going thru to GA. I hardly slept on Friday night and I only fell asleep twice during our trip and only for a few minutes each time. I think knowing that I had to make sure DH was OK and awake made me stay awake. I was navigating. At least let him know when the exit was approaching.

We had made sandwiches for lunch and stopped at Dunkin Donut to get breakfast to go. We only stopped at gas stations to use the bathrooms and to top off the gas tank. We topped off at every gas station so it wouldn't take long. We finally stopped at a gas station in TN where there was a McDonalds and we ate that food. Not thrilled about it but it was fast food and the rest gave us a second wind.

I let DH sleep in on Saturday. He woke up before 9:30 and was horrified at how late it was! LOL

On Saturday we unloaded the truck. Well DH did most of it. The builder who built our house lives 2 houses down and is a wonderful guy. He built himself a massive, beautiful log home. The previous owners worked out a deal with him about allowing him to use land at the end of the property as a road to two other homes. So an easement. Their deal was that the houses couldn't be vacation rentals. He wanted us to delete that part of the deal for which he'd compensate us. so right away I said: I'd be interested in this deal if you pave our road which is almost 1/4 of a mile long. Right away he jumped on that deal. A 26K deal! Our road is all gravel which we would've had to maintain because the other neighbor rents his house. So today we went to his attorney's office to sign the deal. A win situation. I made sure to check that vacation rentals wouldn't devalue our house.

I am so amazed at DH. Ladies, he worked so hard! We donated two full-size beds with custom made wood boards to the local humane society. The builder helping load them into the truck and DH unloaded those heavy beds and took them to the display room for the humane society ladies! They were so happy with the donation and hugged us before we left. They loved DH for doing all that heavy lifting for them. Of course, my heart melted to see him help the ladies. I, of course, know how hard he's worked since last Thursday.

On Sunday we started unpacking and continued the unpacking on Monday and also today. We think we unpacked 90% of our truckload. The only room we didn't work on is my workout room. The house also looked like it had exploded on Sunday and by Monday night the house was clean and beautiful again.

We have no cable yet so DH didn't have a place to watch the game. The builder stopped by a second time on Sunday and they talked about the game. DH told him how he was recording the game back home because we didn't have cable yet there. The builder was going to a party but he said he never locks his doors and that we could let ourselves in to watch the game. He left us beer, wine and he left his massive bar unlocked for us. We helped ourselves to a small glass of wine each. Such a nice old man! Today when we said goodbye, he shook Ray's hand but he said he had to give me a hug! So sweet!
    We are very happy with the progress we made! I am starting to get sad about us having to live in separate states for God knows how many months. This makes me so sad!
    obviously, I haven't done any DVD workouts but have lifted boxes, walked up/down a small hill from our lower level to the garage. That was a little workout!

DH wants to take just my Jeep on our next trip. This way he will drive again and will fly back. Our wonderful pet sitter had left us food so we'd have something prepared to eat when we got home! So sweet and thoughtful!

Laurel, we both felt like the torture of packing and loading the truck was worth the house in BR. We just love it there.
    We missed two exits to Blue Ridge because they didn't look like exits BUT we discovered a nice shortcut to our house!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma