Dkay OMAD progress

Replies

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    I had a really bad fall and shattered my knee. I have had early arthritis and knew one day I would need a knee replacement but never thought it would come about this way.....oh well....anyway i have a new knee!!! the recovery and PT is brutal but I will make it through....
    Yeah I am not too worried about the scale even though I know I haven't been eating much at all...…
    Glad to be back!!!
  • Oh no, get well soon! Sending you healing!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    OMG!!!! BABE!!! GEEZ LOUISE!

Yeah, I'd say that's a BIG OOPSIE! LOL - well glad you made it through and let us know if you need anything <3<3<3
  • volgirl1322
    Thanks friends :) I am getting to work from home in my pjs for a few weeks and ain't gonna lie it is nice to be able to do, although the fall/surgery sucked LOL
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Hugs!!! So sorry to hear that! Sending over quick healing vibes!!! :)<3 Take care!
  • volgirl1322
    Hi Friends,
    I am doing well. PT is brutal and I have these really sexy (LOL) compression hose to wear for swelling lol but I am on the road to recovery. I get my staples out next week and really excited about that. Still no appetite to speak of but that works well for OMAD.
    Planning a weigh in tomorrow to see where I am. Last time I weighed i was at 177.5 so looking for lower. Not sure how much to expect with the swelling but I know it will catch up. 174 would be ideal :). That would be a solid 10lb loss since the restart.

Stay tuned! Happy Friday Eve :)
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Wishing you a smooth recovery. It is good that you are able to work from home and be able to move at your own pace.
  • jadepearl
    Glad to hear that you are feeling better now <3 Speedy recovery <3
    Good luck with your weigh-in tomorrow :)
    Have a wonderful weekend :)
  • volgirl1322
    Weigh in day!!!
    Still pretty swollen from surgery and although i have not been hungry I was still nervous to step on the dreaded scale.
    Restart Weight: 184
    1.25.19 Weight 177.5
    2.8.19 Weight 174.5

So a 3lb loss...…..:) :)

I am greedy and wanted more, but I will take it...… a 10lb loss since the restart.....
    Goal for next week is 171....

Thanks everyone for your support and encouragement

Love ya'll :)

• LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Way to go Donna! 3 pounds is awesome - You are doing such a great job and are so encouraging. I am proud to be on this journey with you. - Let's keep slaying the pounds.
  • volgirl1322
    Thanks @lLadyblanks let's get there together!!1
  • mistymeadows2005
    NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

WOOHOOO!!!!! 3 pounds is AMAZING given what you've gone through! SO PROUD babe!
  • jadepearl
    Congratulations!!!! Keep up the good work! :)
  • volgirl1322
    Hi friends,

happy Tuesday. Another rainy day here in TN, I swear we have not had a winter at all not that we ever do have much snow but we have rain and rain and more rain.....
    Anyway ---I am sticking to the plan, still got some swelling that I am trying to get rid of, haven't done a mid week weigh in and had awful good comfy food this weekend, but was back on track yesterday......Friday i had hot and spicy beef from a local Asisan place and Saturday we had pizza :) and Sunday was wings......so....gotta get rid of that sodium this week.

Getting my staples out Thursday and am dreading the heck out of that......I assume it will be painful....

Still shooting for 171 Friday!

Stay motivated!
  • mistymeadows2005
    When I had mine removed it wasn't that bad - it pinches but nothing crazy - and I had 43 of those F**KERS! LOL

Hopefully your swelling keeps going down - I'm tellin' ya, get on top of that bone broth!!! :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Good luck tomorrow, I hope it's not too painful o:)
  • jadepearl
    Sending over quick healing vibes!!! <3
    Good luck with 171 👍
  • volgirl1322
    Thanks for the well wishes 171 not in my cards today. It was 172 so I will still take that and aim for 169 next week!!!! I figured I wasn't going to make it but am hoping for sure I am done with the 170s by next Friday...…..

Still a 12lb loss since my restart in Jan. Not bad ya'll!

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    You almost did it, you are probably still hanging on to water weight from surgery. I hope you get to 169 next week and if not it's fine because even a 1 pound loss is better than a gain in my book o:)
  • volgirl1322
    That is so true. You are such an inspiration!!!!! I appreciate all of the support.
    Yep, and it seems like it is harder now that I am closer to my goal. Well, not super close, but 30ish pounds is pretty close considering when I started...….At my highest, years ago I was at 234 makes my shudder to recall how big I was...….

Happy Friday Ya'll!