Beachbody program suggestions?

I'm trying to lose 20 ish pounds by mid April. I've done this before so I'm not new to fitness (i just fell out of it for a while). I used to work out outdoors but now I live in the snow. So i want to get some suggestions for beachbody programs! i've thought about insanity, p90x, 80 day obsession, etc.

Replies

• drmel22
    drmel22 Posts: 1 Member
    I’ve done insanity, 22 minute hard Corp, t 25, 21 day fix and now I’m doing Liift 4. I got the best results with insanity and 22 minute hard Corp but I am loving liift 4 right now.
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    I did and completed T25 awhile back when I was morbidly obese, other programs were too difficult for me. I will tell you this, I developed a firm core especially abdominal from it but you wouldn't know visually as it was hidden by fats.
  • j010219
    j010219 Posts: 20 Member
    How much time to you have every day to work out?
    What types of workout do you prefer (strength, cardio, dance, yoga, etc.)
    What type of trainer do you prefer in terms of personality?
    What equipment do you have?

All programs will work as long as you create a calorie deficit. Are you just going to log your food here or are you hoping that the program you pick have guidelines for you to follow? Some programs are easier than others that way.

I've done many programs (Insanity, 21DFX, P90x3, Asylum, PiYo, Hammer and Chisel, Insanity Max 30, Body Beast, Focus T25, Chalean Extreme...) Each has their strengths and weaknesses and again, depends on your preferences as the best workout is the one you'll enjoy enough to stick with in the long run. My personal favorites are P90x3 and 21DFX because of the balanced mix between strength training, cardio and flexibility/pilates. I feel this is the best all-around routine for complete health and nothing is left out. I am never bored and my body feels good. When doing Body Beast and Hammer and Chisel, I miss cardio and yoga. When doing PiYo I miss cardio and strength. With Insanity and IM30 I miss strength and yoga... I also like how both of these programs are about 30 minutes so it's always easy to fit it in my day, and even adding other sports if I want to (thing that I would not do while doing insanity or Asylum or anything that takes longer than 30 minutes to complete.
  • cariduttry
    cariduttry Posts: 210 Member
    I've done quite a few Beachbody programs. I'm doing LIIFT4 right now. I can tell you that, if you have the time (about an hour a day/6 days a week), there is none better than 80 Day Obsession. It did so much to lift my booty and there's a ton of core work too. I looked sculpted. However, I don't have that kind of time on the daily, so I try to stick to 30-40 minute programs/5 days a week. Good luck to you!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    lift 4 <3
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    I have never done a Beachbody program but my sister in law has done 2 rounds of 80DO with AWESOME results.
  • EmbeeKay
    EmbeeKay Posts: 249 Member
    I got a Beachbody on Demand subscription and I LOVE it! It’s so great to be able to try them all. Right now I’m doing Insanity Max30 as I’m trying to increase endurance and it packs a LOT into a half hour.
  • careyvirgilio
    careyvirgilio Posts: 5 Member
    I've only started myself, I am doing core de force so I can't speak of results yet, but I really enjoy the workouts they are sure challenging
  • butdidyoudie911
    butdidyoudie911 Posts: 4 Member
    I started with 80 Day Obsession after having my 3rd child, and I had amazing results. After that I finished LIIFT4 but incorporated 21DFX and Core de Force in to that program (on rest days, and following the LIIFT4 workout). I didn't lose much weight, but did lose inches during L4. Now, I am currently doing Body Beast and T:20 together. After I'm done this (mid April) I will be going back and doing Round 2 of 80DO. Nothing changed my body like that has (so far, jury is still out on BB).
  • rcktgirl05
    rcktgirl05 Posts: 87 Member
    I'm doing Transform 20 right now in a beta group. It opens up in April for BBOD. I highly recommend it... it's 20 minutes, 6 days a week for 6 weeks with a step. It sounds easy but let me tell you Shaun T will work your body in ways you never dreamed possible. It's all compound moves and I've made so much progress in 4 weeks, I can't even believe it. I have lost 8 pounds and haven't measured inches yet, but my clothes are getting looser for sure. I can do all sorts of moves now that were impossible for me 4 weeks ago.
  • EsterClemente
    EsterClemente Posts: 2 Member
    Insanity asylum is challenging and can burn a lot of calories.
  • natsrobinson88
    natsrobinson88 Posts: 32 Member
    Got the online subscription and then you can use all of them.
  • cathymarie7
    cathymarie7 Posts: 5 Member
    I got the on demand and started with 21 day fix.... so far I love it !
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Insanity Max30
  • sajdahl
    sajdahl Posts: 2 Member
    I did PIYO. I'm not one for HIIT, or insanity kinda workouts. I got amazing results
  • Whey125
    Whey125 Posts: 189 Member
    I love insanity max30 but decided to take a break from high impact workouts. Starting p90x3 today
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    megholzer wrote: »
    I'm trying to lose 20 ish pounds by mid April. I've done this before so I'm not new to fitness (i just fell out of it for a while). I used to work out outdoors but now I live in the snow. So i want to get some suggestions for beachbody programs! i've thought about insanity, p90x, 80 day obsession, etc.

It probably doesn't matter that much which program you choose, since your goal is weight loss. 80-90% of that battle will be your food intake. That said, P90X is great, Insanity is great, but both work best if you already have a good fitness base.

But none of these are the key to weight loss. 20 pounds by April seems aggressive..........Are you quite a bit more than "20 ish" pounds overweight? If not, then you are going to find it rough...
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I have completed T25 alpha and beta, tried piyo and turbofire, and done lots of turbojam over the years. See if any of these programs are available to borrow from your library. I've been able to get most of them that way(for free). You can then decide if it's worth buying.
    Is there a reason it needs to be beach body? Cathe Friedrich, Amy Bento, and Kelly Coffey-Meyer have some good workouts too.