2. Eat greens every day→ green onions,mint leaves salad
    3. Eat protein in every meal→ almond, lentils, protein powder
    4. 3 workouts min/week→Walk 10 km Stronglift 5*5 set A
    5. Drink 10 glasses of water→ Had 14 glasses of water
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    mustb60 wrote: »
    mulecanter wrote: »
    I need a brilliant Trimstoner to provide our monthly contribution to the F2F weekly challenge. My idea well has run dry. I think we do week 3. Volunteer please?

How about giving a strength challenge where participants can choose a strength exercise (bodyweight, barbell or dumbbell) of their liking and level and perform it minimum 5 days a week?

Works for me, would you please write it up ala challenge style and IM me with it--I'll then post it? Thanks in advance!!
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    I don't think the MFP database calories for snow skiing are valid, it's just not that taxing. That said, you do have an appetite by lunch time. New Mexico is having a much better snow season than last year's complete bust. It's nice to have snow and remain out of the polar vortex :#
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    mustb60 wrote: »
    I need a brilliant Trimstoner to provide our monthly contribution to the F2F weekly challenge. My idea well has run dry. I think we do week 3. Volunteer please?

How about giving a strength challenge where participants can choose a strength exercise (bodyweight, barbell or dumbbell) of their liking and level and perform it minimum 5 days a week?

Works for me, would you please write it up ala challenge style and IM me with it--I'll then post it? Thanks in advance!!

Just sent you the written format in IM. Hope it's okay!
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    I don't think the MFP database calories for snow skiing are valid, it's just not that taxing. That said, you do have an appetite by lunch time. New Mexico is having a much better snow season than last year's complete bust. It's nice to have snow and remain out of the polar vortex :#

Was 65 yesterday here in Central Massachusetts... LOL
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,778 Member
    forgot to log yesterdays steps

2/5-15,541

Now im trying to find motivation to go workout. students have been stuck inside for 2 days due to the -10 to -30 temps, and the kids are INSANE, im so exhausted, and Im not even a teacher, ugh, but I have another hour and a half to kill, guess I can force myself to do something.
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    edited February 2019
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    forgot to log yesterdays steps

2/5-15,541

Now im trying to find motivation to go workout. students have been stuck inside for 2 days due to the -10 to -30 temps, and the kids are INSANE, im so exhausted, and Im not even a teacher, ugh, but I have another hour and a half to kill, guess I can force myself to do something.

OMG, it was in the 60's here yesterday... And New England is supposed to be cold.

An hour and a half, enough time to get those steps up by a couple thousand... Whatever you do, have a great time.

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,778 Member
    I'm exhausted, extreme cold really effects kiddos, today has been a mad house, took me 45 minutes to convince myself to walk to the workout room, but here I am. I'm thinking a total body workout is in the plans since my unheated garage gym is of limits til it warms upu9lw7s1sr9yx.jpg
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    Just signed up to fill one of the open stepper spots for Trimstones...so far this week:

1284 Sunday
    6384 Monday
    7594 Tuesday

Sunday is usually my rest day...but I strive for 6k per day otherwise...
    Jessica
    @mulecanter FYI
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    Anyone else a Fitbit wearer...feel free to add me as a friend for challenges.
    //www.fitbit.com/user/6S9VT7
  • Eddie__Jones
    Eddie__Jones Posts: 197 Member
    Eddie__Jones
    week 1
    Wednesday
    pw 282
    cw 281
  • JesusGirl62
    JesusGirl62 Posts: 9,481 Member
    @mulecanter what about using your favorite movie or book character or real life person and post a food you ate or drink for each initial of their name such as:

Mushrooms
    Unsalted peanuts
    Lettuce
    Eggs
    Carrot
    Apple
    Noodles
    Tea
    Edamame
    Raspberries

Could do it daily or for the week.
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    February Steps:
    kmfeig87
    2/1 17,483
    2/2 17,513
    2/3 15,366
    2/4 15,882
    2/5 20,775

Sorry for being slow to post!
  • nimsy89
    nimsy89 Posts: 14 Member
    Ahanaz wrote: »
    nimsy89 wrote: »
    Ahanaz wrote: »

@nimsy89 I'm sorry to hear about your injuries. Last month we had a challenge for intermittent fasting (IF). I'm trying to follow the Obesity Code Program through their official Facebook group and their schedules. I never work out, and despite the gain the last couple of weeks I'm still down 5lbs total since I started IF. I haven't stepped foot in the gym.
    If you consider it I strongly recommend Dr. Fungs program.

Interesting idea. What are the schedules like?

@nimsy89 It's completely up to you. The minimum fasting window should be 16 for weightloss. Which 16 is up to you. 16h fasting leads to 8 hours of feasting. If you want to skip breakfast and only have lunch and dinner, or if you want to skip dinner is up to you, and how it fits your lifestyle. For me it's easy to skip breakfast, so I only have lunch and dinner.

For decent loss, eat the same amount of calories over a day as you would normally, but only consume them in the 8hour window you pick. Don't snack. For faster weight loss, try to go LCHF or even keto.

As you get used to fasting, you can play around and do 18:6, 20:4, OMAD (One Meal A Day), or even alternate day fasting if you wish.

During fasts you can drink water, black coffee, tea (no sugar, honey or milk), kombucha, and bone broth. Extra salt everything, and if you feel weak, have half a teaspoon of salt in a glass of water to up your electrolytes. Feel free to DM me if you have any questions.

Note: I'm not a doctor, I'm only re-iterating what I've read and learned from Dr. Fung, and tips and tricks I've learned from doing it myself. For "official" support, turn to his Facebook Group where his colleagues help you for free with any questions you may have about intermittent and extended fasting.

Thanks for taking the time to provide that info, it sounds pretty doable. I might give it a shot further into my weightloss journey.

I went to see a doctor and got prescribed some pain meds and told to stay away from the gym for 2 weeks lol, but I can already feel myself improving. So hopefully I can be active again soon.

In the meantime, my diet has stayed on track this week so far. I do have a friend's 30th birthday to celebrate this weekend, though, and it's very standard for them to provide KFC or pizza and beer when they have friends over. I'm hoping because it's their 30th they do something a bit less junk food-y but who knows. Anyone have any tips for managing this?
  • nimsy89
    nimsy89 Posts: 14 Member
    edited February 2019
    @mulecanter Here's another idea for the challenge? Obviously could toy around with the tasks if they seem silly/overboard.

We could score this out of 10 points: 1 point per letter you complete + 2 extra points for completing all letters to spell out FEBRUARY.

Footsteps to exceed 70,000 steps for the week.
    Exercise 2 hours more than you did last week.
    Be hydrated by drinking at least 8 glasses of water per day.
    Remind yourself why you're doing this by creating a vision board. Include old pictures of your fitter self, the clothes you want to fit into, the things you want to do with your increased strength etc. Keep it somewhere you can look at it when you're feeling weak.
    Urge your fellow F2F friends on by sending at least 7 motivational replies this week.
    Attempt a new healthy recipe.
    Rest your body by getting 8 hours of sleep per night.
    Yell compliments at yourself in the mirror at least twice this week.

• kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member

kmfeig87
    Thursday weigh in
    Week 1
    PW 150.5
    CW 151

Steps
    2/6 15,551

Dang! I've seen 149 twice in the past week, but it hasn't stuck yet! I seem to be retaining water right now, which isn't helping, either.
  • JesusGirl62
    JesusGirl62 Posts: 9,481 Member
    @mulecanter I'm not going anywhere. And I'll try to be more active in posting instead of dumping my weight and steps and running off.
This discussion has been closed.