NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,211 Member
    edited February 2019
    @trooworld this too shall pass as they say. Don’t let the family take away your power this week. You are empowered. That’s good you have a frozen meal on hand to tide you over. I know you don’t like to eat the same thing everyday but if you have to eat cereal or oatmeal every night for dinner then do that to get through this and onto the other side. Hang in there. It won’t be forever.

@gemwolf110 Sorry about your doggy. I’m glad you found out what’s wrong with him so you can go back to concentrating on you. Maybe you’ll find some time to pamper yourself

@mrsdunc07 Welcome to the group. Yes lots of people are having trouble with the switch. I’ll post you a video. I watch them regularly and one is really having a problem. She had already lost over 100 lb with the old way of counting points. You’ll figure it out.

https://youtu.be/ewUpGh1Ps-Q

I stayed within my food boundaries and got in 84 minutes of walking. Water goal met. Journal done and another big sticker day.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,561 Member
    My internet is working for this very minute...I am so tired of not having a computer. My DH says once we get caught up on bills and some things paid off, I can get a new one..it really is MY computer and not the internet. My DH and GS both can get on anytime they wish..so it's just me. Lucky me..

Well I bombed last week and gained 3 lbs from doing my fast for 21 days. But I am back to no sugar and watching carbs. I talked my GS out of the Keto diet. So he is just watching carbs. He is a BIG meat eater and is way over 6' tall. He really doesn't need a "diet", which is why I am trying to draw him into a GOOD eating habit. He was doing pulls up on a bar yesterday and said GM, how many can you do..I laughed; said NONE. He made me prove that. LOL So back at it again..I am under my WW goal, but it's not a healthy weight for me..so my lifetime is still good, but you know it's more about health than weight. I am at the HIGH end of the goal scale and I can tell you how much better I felt in the last 3 weeks eating no sugar. So I think that is really my "goal".

It's also stressful in my home and that plays alot with your food habits. So I am trying to say no to stress and yes to health.

I don't have the where with all to go back and address all the personals, but I am so glad you guys are here every day. You are committed to your goals and it's such a blessing to all of us. Each one of you has something someone else needs or wants to hear. The encouragement and team spirit is so great in this group.

@mrsdunc07 Welcome to this board!! I think most of us has been on the WW program at one time or another or still are on the program. We love to encourage each other here. I look forward to getting to know you!

@shygazer Welcome!! So glad you found us. I look forward to getting to know you! You "handle" seems like you like to have fun..LOL

to all the rest of you dear friends...I am just glad you are still here and it looks like each of you have had some wins!!! Congratulations!

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,860 Member
    @gemwolf110 Aw, I hope your doggie feels better soon. It can be very stressful when our pets are not feeling well.

@mrsdunc07 Hello and welcome!

@theslightedgeforever Thank you!

@cbabie I'm sorry that you have such problems with your computer. I hope you can get a new one soon. I couldn't do any pull-ups either! Stress definitely plays a part in food habits.

Hello all. Not much time. Gotta get ready for work. I'm doing the best I can here. That is all.

EMPOWERED.
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,312 Member
    Good morning everyone

I had a good day yesterday. I got my 🔵 and that took motivation because we had spaghetti and neat sauce for supper. I also got in 11,333 steps.

Motivated.

Jeri
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Hello Ladies! <3

@TrishasTime, I started following Anna Van Dyken on FB when you mentioned her before, and you are so right that she makes her plates look so pretty! Just the other day she wrote a post about her journey on WW and that she started losing weight to help her 10-year-old son who was also very overweight. She is very inspiring. I copied this from her page because I thought it was so powerful. :)
    “Success comes from making small habit changes over time.
    It won’t happen overnight, but it will happen.
    It was challenging at times but so worth it.”

@theslightedgeforever, it’s your honesty that I love the best about you! Yes, I’m eating too much. :p My portions are too big at dinner and I’m not tracking as accurately as I need to be. How’s that for some honesty! I plan to be super diligent and honest for the entire month. I will crush February! Thanks for posting the video of the twins. I will watch it tomorrow at work. :)

@fancyladyJeri, awesome job at keeping your January step goal. 8000 a day is a lot and it looks like you are going to crush February! :)

@Trooworld, so sorry that you predict a stressful week. Having someone you love in the hospital is tough. You just gotta do the best you can and try to make the best choices you can. Drink your water!! (((hugs)))

@gemworlf110, ohhhh poor puppy!! What kind of dog do you have? I hope he heals up soon and completely. <3

@mrsdunc07 Welcome to the group. The 0 point list is awesome and is meant to be used for the foundation of our meals or when we are out of points and still need something to eat. But they do have calories and that is why I ended up on MFP. ;)

@cbabie, the very thought of me doing a pull-up is laughable. At least you tried! :D I do hope that you will be able to get a new computer soon. Have you looked up the cost of getting a refurbrished one? I don't know how much they are but I do know they exist. You are in my prayers. <3

It's like spring here today, ya'll!! Sunny and 72 degrees. Lovely!! But hubby said the cold will be back next week. He is such a downer sometimes!! :smiley: I lost .8 this week and I'm pretty happy with that but plan to do even better this week. I am really going to watch my sodium intake and track on MFP every little taste, bite, and nibble to see what my true count is. I'm going to shoot for between 1900 and 2000 mgs. Most days I've been way over that amount and I think that is what is keeping my weight loss creeping along so slowly. Worth a try, huh? Remember one of my mottos is to tweak it until you make it! I'm off to workout. <3B)
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    GM everyone

The common theme I am hearing is Stress and how it prevents from being Healthy. And just so you know they have started Organisational changes again - possible job reductions etc etc , so I am right with you.

My question is what is everyone's strategies to cope when they are under stress, what do you do?? .

Me - I am not strong enough YET not to give in, so last night was a sugar night (I gave myself some time to have a "sulk" and now I am back to eating healthy this morning

@trooworld - I hope you can ride out the week as best as you can

@gemwolf110 _ Oh no - I am so sorry to hear that you puppy has a break - I hope he gets used to the ramp soon

@cbabie - Maybe you should get your GS to log on and trick your computer that it them (lol). Maybe you are getting on when there is peak periods of internet usage around the area.

@theslightedgeforever - I fell into buying the WW toffee bars - I say fell because I could not stop at one (lesson learnt) - they were tracked though

@mrsdunc07 - Welcome aboard. I am looking forward to getting to you know you better :)

@fancyladyJeri - Well done on the extra 3K steps - did you do something special to get there?

@its_cleo - How are you going ?

I have another quiz for you all - can you think of 3 words that start with B. O. W. that describes a female in a nice way

Thanks

trish
  • theslightedgeforever
    @cbabie. So glad you were able to check in

@trooworld You got this

@fancyladyJeri yaaay on your blue dot and your steps. I’m learning now to eat one cup of spaghetti versus 2 cups then maybe going back for seconds. I love spaghetti.

@TeresaW1020 See? Another person talking about habits. Lol. How’s the 100 day journal? Are you keeping up with the lessons? Doing one of the lessons this week I learned I can reduce the amount of oatmeal I fix twice a week. Less calories. If I’m ever too honest, kick me.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @TrishasTime What I do and supposed to do during stress is two different things. I would like to come on here and vent or go run a mile but sometimes I eat and sometimes I just sit in a chair and read. Mostly I try to reduce the stress in my environment or the way I react to it. I journal. Each night after I do my 100 day journal I do my private journal and have to put what my Happy was for the day. What my Negative was for the day. Then 3 things I’m grateful for.

B-brave
    O-organized, optimistic
    W-witty

Another day of staying within my food boundaries. I had to go to the mall again and was there over lunchtime so I took with me a sandwich and 10 rice chips so I wouldn’t be tempted by the food court. I just sat and read my Kindle and enjoyed my lunch. It was an exercise rest day. I did my 15 min intentional exercise but got in 9919 steps because I walked all over the mall. Water goal met. Journal done big sticker day.
  • trooworld
    @fancyladyJeri Great step count! I love spaghetti and meat sauce...one of my favorite meals. ;)

@TeresaW1020 Thanks, yes, it is stressful! Thanks for the reminder to drink my water...I needed that, I am needing to drink more fluids!!! I think watching your sodium intake is a good idea. Good luck, you've got this!

@TrishasTime Oh no...I am hoping your job is safe and will be thinking good thoughts for your job. I am definitely doing the best that I can. How good is that? Well...last night, I stopped at home before I went to the hospital and snacked on chips and guacamole. Not that good, I guess? But when I got home, I had a proper meal of turkey meatloaf and mashed potatoes. Stress...you could go for a walk. You could break cheap dinner plates lol. You could organize something. Just some ideas. 3 words that start with B.O.W. that describe a female in a nice way: beaming, organized, warm :) That was harder than it sounded.

@theslightedgeforever Thanks! Congrats on a good day.

EMPOWERED.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Just popping in. Really busy week, will try to catch up on posts tonight.

Bit discouraged. Can't seem to hit my mfp calories, and also struggling with ww points. I think some of it is pms tbh. I do feel like giving up but trying to count the good things.

I've been over calories like 300 rather than 1000.

Trying to walk more when at the office, but it's challenging.

I keep making a plan every day and tracking and if I dont stick to it I just track and try the next day.

Crappy week all in all.
  • TeresaW1020
    Good afternoon! :)

@TrishasTime, When I'm under a lot of stress I try to pray and/or talk about it with my husband. However, that isn't always my first choice which then ends in more stress because I've chosen to turn to food instead of a more positive alternative.
    B-Beautiful
    O-Original
    W-Wise

@theslightedgeforever, I will not be kicking you. I need honesty!! And to give it back, I have not been doing my journal. I think I'm several days behind. I will try to play catch up by this weekend.

@trooworld, I have a water app on my phone that sends me reminders every hour. I usually just tell my phone to stop bossing me around. :D But I do drink at least 100 oz. of water a day, so I guess it works. I like watching the girl on the app fill up with water and then when I reach my goal I get confetti and cheers. B)

@its_cleo, so sorry that you are having a tough week. The biggest thing for me was to get in the habit of tracking no matter what the number was. And being over your calories a little is way better than a lot, so you are doing great! I heard this woman once say that every time she was at work and went to the bathroom she would walk in place to get 200 steps. I've been trying to do that and it really adds up. Of course, I pee like every hour! :D

Today, has been a good day so far. I'm getting an eye exam next week and going to get a new pair of glasses so we went looking around at frames at a few different places. It seems that I have expensive taste! :o We also went to Sams to buy a bunch of stuff for the church. This Sunday our church is having a fellowship night with a local drug rehab center for men. One of our ladies works there so we are adopting them this year for a few events that we will have. This Sunday is Bonfire & S'mores. I have never had a S'more so I'm saving up my points/calories to at least have one! :)
  • fancyladyJeri
    Hello

I’m continuing to do good. It pays to be anal at times. I got in 92 minutes of exercise and 11,338 steps. Good is good too. Just need to keep my streak up.

Jeri
  • its_cleo
    That's great @fancyladyJeri !

Thanks @TeresaW1020. I managed to fit in some walking today at work so I was pleased with that. Bonfire and S'mores sounds fun, and I think it's great to have a night with a rehab centre. I'm sure they will find it very supportive. What water app do you use? I tried the plant one but didn't like it.

@TrishasTime stress- I have a lot of strategies, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't lol. Writing can help. Exercising. Sometimes I meditate. There is a Buddhist temple near me and anyone can go for their Sunday service/meditation session. I go sometimes. It is very peaceful there. Meditating is hard but even taking deep breaths to a count of 10 helps.

BOW that is tough

B-brilliant
    O-open
    W-whimsical

Yeah that is hard.

@theslightedgeforever good for you, I'm a sucker for mall food courts.

@cbabie I think you're giving you're GS great advice about food. Also- pullups are super hard. My dream is to be able to do a pullup and push up. I figure losing weight will help- there is less to pull/push!

@gemwolf110 I'm sorry about your dog but how cool you built a ramp. How did he break his leg?

Things I am grateful for today: a giant orange cat purring on my lap and another one beside me. Two days left in the week.

• its_cleo
    @trooworld thinking of you at the hospital, hope your week is not too bad!
  • TeresaW1020
    its_cleo wrote: »

Thanks @TeresaW1020. I managed to fit in some walking today at work so I was pleased with that. Bonfire and S'mores sounds fun, and I think it's great to have a night with a rehab centre. I'm sure they will find it very supportive. What water app do you use? I tried the plant one but didn't like it.

I use Water Tracker by Grasshopper. I've tried several and this one is the easiest for me. It's also fun to watch my girl fill up with water. You can try it for free for a certain amount of days and then I recommend you pay the $1.99 to get rid of the adds. :smile:

y4ynrpfnkws3.jpg
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited February 2019
    @trooworld I’m with you on more fluids. It’s one of my new goals. So new that I forgot all about it til I was going to bed. I usually drink my water during a certain time and I was out and didn’t even think about it.

@its_cleo you don’t fail until you give up so you’ve not failed yet. Yippee you are still in there fighting. So looking back over your food tracker what times or environments did you overeat? Could a substitution be made? Could the amount be reduced next time? I know approximately how many calories I want to eat at each meal and snack. So a lot of the time I base my portion size on that whether it be 10 chips or 15. I try to input my meal before I eat it but that always doesn’t work. See below. If you can find some clues about those 300 calories then you can keep cutting them back to 200 then 100 then finally you start eating within your boundaries. Hang in there it sounds like you are making progress. Progress not perfection has been my motto for a while. If I can’t do it perfectly I don’t try so I have to baby step everything. My ultimate fantasy would be a ninja warrior competition. But again a fantasy. I was at Virginia Beach this past summer and they had this rope to climb. I tried and failed. Lol. That would be fun to get to the top.

@TeresaW1020 Journal. I say jump in where you are if you are more than two days behind. Because you’ll be doing that assignment again two more times this year. I’ve tried many water apps and reminders and I just seem to ignore them all. I especially hate that plant one. Lol. I will conquer this problem once and for all just like I’m conquering my food and exercise one. Yummy on the s’mores. Although I don’t make them til my daughter comes once a year. I just prefer the roasted marshmallows. I’ve been known to take a toothpick, mini marshmallows and a lighter and make me some when she’s not around.

@fancyladyJeri Being anal is good sometimes. You are doing very well and you are such an inspiration. Keep it up.

So no stickers at all for me today. Booooooo 😖😫🤬 A friend had a little gathering for my bday. I ate light all day to save my calories. At the party I staggered my food. I tracked as I ate so I would know exactly how many calories left. I paused. I said I’ll have some later when offered food. I was doing everything right. Finally it came time for the dessert and I checked my calories to see if I could have a whole piece or half. Whole it is. I ate it and enjoyed it. Then got home and was adding in my exercise and I was reviewing my journal for the night and realized I forgot to input a slider. So I went over by 100 calories. Also since I was out didn’t finish my water goal. I did however come home and get on the treadmill after the party so I could at least say I met that goal. So my Day 40 is coming up soon and I want to show at least a 1 lb loss and I’ll keep working towards that

• trooworld
    @its_cleo It's progress, not perfection, remember that. Sorry it's been a struggle though. I love to meditate. It is hard but a meditation teacher once told me the goal is not to not have thoughts (I forget what she said, it was something about picturing meditating like swimming underwater in the ocean and you occasionally come up for air---those are your thoughts). Thank you for thinking of me. Week hasn't been too bad.

@TeresaW1020 I usually track my water on the FitBit app. I've tried water apps in the past but have ignored them lol. I just got new glasses (I'm waiting to get the lenses put in them) and I, too, have expensive taste, unfortunately lol. The ones I picked are really cool: they are handpainted in Israel. I had them paint on the inside of arm: READ MORE BOOKS. I will attach a picture of them. But you know what I figure? You wear them every day for a couple of years, they express your personality, why not spend a little bit of money on a good pair? Girl, you've never had a S'more? You are in for a treat! Sometimes we put a peanut butter cup in it instead of a piece of chocolate! ;) Enjoy!

@fancyladyJeri Great step count!

@theslightedgeforever Yes, I usually make myself drink a 26 oz bottle of water on the way to work and one on the way home and then I drink some at work. I'm at least guaranteed to get that much in! ;) I'm sorry you didn't get a sticker today, but it sounds like you made a good effort. When is your birthday?

Hello all. Doing okay over here, two days eating homecooked food so that is good. I'm looking forward to the weekend. Here are my glasses that I got:
    30ign30kg0so.jpg
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,561 Member
    Morning all: Computer was down yesterday and I got sidetracked to try another ave to write on.. But checking in now,

I blew it last night...family drama,...snickers bar. but today is today!! I know I am getting better at eating better food, and need to start finding that exercise routine again...but I am not there yet. I have at least taken my vitamins every day..LOL

@trooworld I love your glasses. yea on the home cooked food. It's just plain better..lower cost, cozy comfy environment...LOL

@TeresaW1020 I used to have a great water ap...but if my phone was on it would make the sound of water filling up in a glass and my co-workers were irritated...so I had to turn it off and well never went back to an ap. LOL

@theslightedgeforever Well at least you tgracked and luckily your birthday only happens one time a year...so yes you could have had the whole piece anyway in my opinion.. LOL

@its_cleo I love you ended your post with a I am grateful for..... Sometimes we take the little things for granted and later we realize...so yea for you!!

@fancyladyJeri great job on the steps!!!!

okay gals, my internet has went in and out 3 times while I have been writing this..so going to send now while I still can..

Cbabie
  • fancyladyJeri
    Still doing good.

Got 12,370 steps ✔️
    Got 94 minutes of activity ✔️
    Was within my food guidelines ✔️

New day today. Already have my 30 ✔️ minutes of exercise in. Need to plan supper tho.

Jeri
  • its_cleo
    @TeresaW1020 Thanks, I will try that app. I tried the plant one and didn't like it.

@trooworld I love your glasses! Very cool. Meditation- yeah it is supposed to be like watching your thoughts go by. And then with the idea that gradually they will lessen. There is definitely a technique to it, and there are actually a ton of different styles and approaches.

@gemwolf110 I love his name!

@cbabie well a snickers bar is fairly small at least, so hopefully you can get back on track. Yeah gratitude...someone encouraged me to do that years ago. It is really amazing the effect just thinking of one positive thing. We used to call them moments of gratitude. And it helped us to be more mindful during the day, of those small moments that get lost in the rush of the day. I should try to do it more regularly.

@theslightedgeforever happy birthday! It's hard not to be a little indulgent on a day like that. Glad you got to celebrate

I'm hanging in. I weighed myself today for the first time in a week and my weight was down. So I'm not sure whether to trust it or not, because it fluctuates. I guess I'm still getting used to this. So since January- it dropped, dropped, went up, went up, and now dropped down again overall net loss is now about 4lbs if it stays. But this is the longest - since Jan 1- that I have tracked intake and really tried to moderate my eating consistently without giving up.

Interesting experiment too bc I have been over points on WW for the last two weeks, but I guess my caloric intake was down.

Anyway I am counting the hours until tomorrow at 4pm when my work week is done.

@fancyladyJeri wow that's alot with the activity and steps! You got me beat :smile: