Best. Ride. Ever.....

BrianSharpe
BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
edited February 2019 in Success Stories
Well, at least in several decades.

I've been pretty consistent with my bike training this winter as I figure it's the one thing I can improve on the most for the upcoming triathlon season. I just hope this translates into real world improvements once the snow is gone.....

haxfoq03m8c2.jpg

Replies

• solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Great ride!! Are you on a KICKR?
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Hey, that is awesome! Way to go!!
  • BrianSharpe
    solieco1 wrote: »
    Great ride!! Are you on a KICKR?

Yes, I got the Snap, with that and TrainerROAD / Zwift it's made indoor training so much more enjoyable and, hopefully, effective.
  • solieco1
    I LOVE Zwift!
  • BrianSharpe
    I LOVE Zwift!

Zwift kicks my butt, but I need to spend more time on it. I've got a triathlon coming up in June with a very hilly ride.
  • solieco1
    Which one?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I wish I could do zwift, but a smart trainer was a non starter with my wife. My cycling goes to crap in the winter. I'm supposed to do a 2 hour group ride this weekend as we are looking at more spring like temps, but I haven't spent more than 45 minutes on my bike this winter. My *kitten* isn't ready for 2 hours in the saddle.
  • BrianSharpe
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I wish I could do zwift, but a smart trainer was a non starter with my wife. My cycling goes to crap in the winter. I'm supposed to do a 2 hour group ride this weekend as we are looking at more spring like temps, but I haven't spent more than 45 minutes on my bike this winter. My *kitten* isn't ready for 2 hours in the saddle.

You can use Zwift or TrainerRoad without a smart trainer as long as you have a speed and cadence sensor, it's not quite the same experience (you don't automatically get the change in resistance when climbing) but you can still get a great workout.
  • BrianSharpe
    Which one?

Mont Tremblant 70.3 I've done the 5i50 the last couple of years and everyone tells me the ride for the 70.3 is easier as you're not going through Duplessis twice.
  • erniewebbiii
    erniewebbiii Posts: 1,174 Member
    That's what she said!
  • kjauthier
    kjauthier Posts: 24 Member
    Good luck with Mt Tremblant Brian, I was fortunate to race the 70.3 in 2018 and found it quite challenging. From your screen shot I think you’re preparation is going well. Are you strength training? I found that really helped me with the hills!
  • BrianSharpe
    kjauthier wrote: »
    Good luck with Mt Tremblant Brian, I was fortunate to race the 70.3 in 2018 and found it quite challenging. From your screen shot I think you’re preparation is going well. Are you strength training? I found that really helped me with the hills!

Thanks! I haven't done any strength so far this year (no swimming either) as I fell on the ice Dec 30th (walking the dogs of all things, how embarrassing) and banged up my right shoulder. As soon as I can I'll be back at it.

In the mean time I've been spending a lot more time on the bike as I think that's the one sport I can improve the most in.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!