changing goal weight

WW says for me to weigh 145. I weigh 157 and my weight loss has stopped last couple of months. Maybe this is what I am suppose to weigh. Or maybe summertime I can lose a few more pounds. Do you think your weight stalls when you get to what you should weigh? I am fine with my weight in 150's, geez I use to be 208. I also have bigger legs than some ladies and I have boobs so I cannot be skinny minny.

Replies

• brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    I am 5'4 , doctor has never said anything about my weight, I guess because cholesterol and sugar and stuff is all good, I am lucky. I guess being short, I am probably eating maintenance calories. Yes it is more difficult to lose once you are near goal. I guess my goal should be 145 but I changed it to 155-157 because I like to eat. If I am lucky, maybe in summer weather I could lose a few more pounds. I am happy to achieve what I have.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    No one should tell you what you should weigh. No one wants to live their life to to the fullest but you! If your bloodworm looks fine and your'e in the ballpark of your healthy BMI and you are happy with where you are...stay there. ... There is nothing wrong with weighing what you want. You can't just lose more weight on demand and want to maintain a lower weight because some ww employee mentioned it.
  • brenn24179
    I am laughing, what bloodworm, oh bloodwork, yes it is good and I couldn't agree more. Weigh what you want and what you feel comfortable with.
  • saramelie77
    saramelie77 Posts: 50 Member
    I am also five foot four. I used to weigh 150 and felt good at that weight. You do what works for you.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    I am laughing, what bloodworm, oh bloodwork, yes it is good and I couldn't agree more. Weigh what you want and what you feel comfortable with.

lol... auto spell..I dunno..haha.. or maybe just operator error. haha.
  • brenn24179
    you might be right, just don't want to do it because I do like to eat. I do worry about wrinkles though and I see so many people go to extreme losing weight when honestly they would look better a little heavier especially when we are older. Wow these people get rough with you but guess that is what we need.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    you might be right, just don't want to do it because I do like to eat. I do worry about wrinkles though and I see so many people go to extreme losing weight when honestly they would look better a little heavier especially when we are older. Wow these people get rough with you but guess that is what we need.

I think you have plenty of good reasons to start maintaining. Some people might attempt to make you feel guilty about that, but the simple fact is that you know your body, habits, and lifestyle better than they do. If there are no underlying health issues and your doctor is fine with your weight and you are feeling confident and strong and fit in your body, there is no reason to continue losing weight just to get to an arbitrary number that pleases all MFP members 🙂

• ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    you might be right, just don't want to do it because I do like to eat. I do worry about wrinkles though and I see so many people go to extreme losing weight when honestly they would look better a little heavier especially when we are older.

And that may be absolutely the right decision for you; the gods know I can empathise with liking to eat! Just be honest with yourself that that is a choice that you are making, not something beyond your control that is happening to you.