What was the last meal you cooked?

Options

Replies

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    I made the cuban mojo marinated pork. Very delicious. See pic and link below:

https://www.changeinseconds.com/cuban-mojo-marinated-pork/

c0zbyvr2zgvt.jpg

OMG. .. That must have been sooooo good.
  • khcrmo
    khcrmo Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Chicken milanese, roasted broccoli and bowtie pasta with kale.
    My one year old has been picky lately, and is a pasta aholic so I've been sneaking spinach and kale into everything lately.
    Also i pinned that cuban pork for later. Looks amazing
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    the same thing for the past 6 months Mince / mix veggies / pasta.

Variety is more than just the spice of life.
  • aokoye
    Options
    The chicken from Serious Eats' Halal cart-style chicken and rice. I used a few extra garlic, less chicken, and half the olive oil (again, less chicken). It turned out really good.

I served it on plain basmati rice and added some harissa that was in the fridge.
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    9gm8aux95u8w.jpeg

Tuscan Butter Salmon with Cherry Tomatoes, Curly Kale, & Roasted Baby Asparagus
  • aokoye
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Chicken potstickers just in time for Lunar New Year! I used this recipe (subbing chicken for pork) after being inspired by her days of dumpling posts on Instagram.

They came in at around 70 calories each including the oil used for pan frying. It's kind of crazy because they feel more oily than they let on, but there was only 1 tbsp of oil to cook 20 dumplings.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Beautiful day today. Biked around town doing a couple of errands while the slowcooker was making dinner. Honey-garlic chicken, with veggies (green beans, carrots, sweet potato) over quinoa with side salad.

Pics:
    (1) Dinner, served. Broiled the chicken to finish. I *was* expecting more of a honey glaze type of presentation, but this tasted great. MFP says that's about 1100 calories on the plate, well within my daily budget (esp. with a light lunch).
    (2) Ingredients for glaze. Something missing, key ingredient! It's a good thing slow cookers get started slowly, so you can catch up. Pic included for the recipe-curious.
    (3) In the crockpot, starting to cook. [minced garlic was missing, added on top].
    (4) Ready to broil-finish the chicken. After 6 hours, the chicken had already "dissolved" pretty much.
    (5) View from a local bridge this afternoon, looking east toward the barrier island town (Sea Bright, NJ, in the far distance) that divides us from the Atlantic Ocean. Included here because the bike ride purportedly added 600-800 calories to my daily budget today. Which I didn't fill, so it's a net-less-calorie day.

m9rw5a3doxrx.jpg

x6gqx9fsueej.jpg

jc69y0rergid.jpg

ax8nyqmipepr.jpg

iunt75alwrqk.jpg

• ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »
    Chicken potstickers just in time for Lunar New Year! I used this recipe (subbing chicken for pork) after being inspired by her days of dumpling posts on Instagram.

They came in at around 70 calories each including the oil used for pan frying. It's kind of crazy because they feel more oily than they let on, but there was only 1 tbsp of oil to cook 20 dumplings.

Thanks for the link! We’ve been in HK for nearly 4yrs and (sadly, embarrassingly) I haven’t learned much culinarily-speaking. Can’t wait to start trying my hand at some of our local favourites!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Pork fried rice. Yumm
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    Pork fried rice. Yumm

Now there's an idea for late week dinner. Thank you🙌
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    Veggie bin beef meatball stew. Added hot pepper & chili paste ( homemade) to give it a hot sweet n sour note.

1j6o3kuguoa9.jpg
  • aokoye
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »

Thanks for the link! We’ve been in HK for nearly 4yrs and (sadly, embarrassingly) I haven’t learned much culinarily-speaking. Can’t wait to start trying my hand at some of our local favourites!

No worries! It honestly took less time than I thought. No more than two hours (I let the dough rise for maybe an hour and made the filling as the dough was rising). I thought I would have a little more time on my hands (I had intended to make it on predicted snow day), but I thankfully didn't have anything really pressing that needed to get done for the next day.
  • ebeever115
    ebeever115 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Italian turkey quinoa stuffed peppers. So delicious and so simple! Mixed ground turkey, brown rice and quinoa, jarred marinara sauce and a variety of spices together, filled the peppers, topped with mozzarella cheese and then broiled until deliciously crispy on top! 😋z1h7wdb0287c.jpeg
    m985y8aip23r.jpeg
  • lildickybarrett
    lildickybarrett Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Tuna fish mixed with cottage cheese + ezekiel bread.
    Any lean meat and veg combo.
    Natural yoghurts with berries.
    Meat and brown rice or sweet pots.
    Oatmeal and berries.
    Whey Isolate shakes.

Slap yo mammas powder over everything, not even kidding :)
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I need to take more photos!!

Last night was grilled steaks topped with with blue cheese and sautéed mushrooms, side included steamed asparagus and whipped sweet potatoes.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Made gluten free, lactose free mac and cheese for dinner tonight. Lactose free cheese and milk in a cheese sauce I made with corn flour, and Barilla corn and quinoa pasta. Even the gluten and lactose eating members of the family like it. First few attempt were kind of nasty but now I get repeat requests for it :).
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Tuna fish mixed with cottage cheese + ezekiel bread.
    Any lean meat and veg combo.
    Natural yoghurts with berries.
    Meat and brown rice or sweet pots.
    Oatmeal and berries.
    Whey Isolate shakes.

Slap yo mammas powder over everything, not even kidding :)

@lildickybarrett love slay yo mamma..stocked up when i was in NO
  • luckymommy27
    luckymommy27 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Lasagna tonight for my five year olds birthday!
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Went hiking with a senior group today, so made a simplistic dinner: braised chicken and veggies in a white wine reduction (sounds more impressive than the simple thing it is), served with spaghetti squash and sauce. Low sodium, very low fat, low carb, high flavor.

Pics:
    1. Chicken, veggies braising.
    2. Served, with squash and sauce.

twj05ijxxfec.jpg

p0nrlqugclhf.jpg

• lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I made homemade chili for the first time last night. I never liked chili growing up because of the beans, but I've learned to like black beans now, so I made it with them. It turned out pretty good. My fiance even said it tasted better than his mom's, so I must have done something right.