"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,481 Member
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy weekend and GROUND HOG DAY! 2 clients this morning then off. Raining all weekend so time to clean inside and watch some movies.

Cardio: walking- 30 min (150 calories)

Strength: core- crunches, leg lifts

Assessment: Taco salad last night.
  • Skee_2802
    Skee_2802 Posts: 296 Member
    Happy Monday all,

Rest day for me yesterday. Managed to get a few things done around the house and a quick afternoon nap which didn't do me any wonders come bedtime as i couldn't get to sleep. Ugh.

Cardio: 30 min walk post workout

Strength: Trap bar squat, pull ups, DB rotational shoulder press, DB row, DB flyes, cable tricep extension, decline crunches = 4 sets / 10-15 rep range.

Assesment: Leftovers from yesterday of pork and curry with rice.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! 4 clients this morning and then 5 this evening! Rain today. Superbowl was very lackluster this year. And the halftime show sucked as well as most of the commercials.

Cardio: run/jog- 30 minutes (250 calories)

Strength: shoulders- front shoulder raise, face pulls, side laterals, shrugs. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Baked ziti and meatballs.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,214 Member
    Good morning, guys. Hope everyone had a good weekend. We were quite busy and I ended up eating out more than I prefer but back to normal-ish today.

Cardio: Warm-up on Rowing machine (500m) and spin bike (until I got bored). Not ideal but better than nothing

Strength: Upper Body Hypertrophy
    Bench, barbell rows, lateral raises, OHP, incline bench, curls, pull ups

Assessment: Waffle House for dinner last night before the Super Bowl, 20th anniversary luncheon for a coworker today, chicken for dinner
  • Skee_2802
    Skee_2802 Posts: 296 Member
    What a week it's been and it's only Tuesday!
    Glad to get a release from working out.

Cardio Assault bike 10/20 X 8

strength BB bent over rows, DB reverse lunge, DB bench press, Lat pulldown, weight plate speed chop, EZ bar curls, DB side raises, cross body planks = 3 sets / 15-25 rep range

assessment Boiled eggs, curry and rice for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! 4 clients this morning and then 4 tonight! Less rain, but colder today.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (250 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench flyes, machine flyes, cable crossovers, dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Baked ziti and vegetables.
  • steveko89
    Cardio: n/a

Strength: Lower Body - Power
    Squats - 4 sets 315 x 5
    RDL - 4 sets 175 x 5
    Deadlifts - 4 sets 325 x 1

Assessment:
    Was feeling pretty peppy so I tried to throw 395 on the bar for deadlifts instead of 325 for starters (1RM is 400, from 12/7/18) but I couldn't even really get it off the floor, which was a little disheartening. Ended up with Panera for lunch yesterday, which was good but a little calorie-intensive, I also snacked too much overall yesterday so my weight bounced up this morning too... also mildly disheartening after hitting below 176 on Sunday. Chicken and broccoli for dinner last night, likely again tonight. I do think I'm finally making some in-roads in getting my wife to start strength training. She's always enjoyed running more than just about any other physical pursuit. At 8 weeks postpartum she's been back down around pre-pregnancy weight for weeks but not necessarily pre-pregnancy shape. Trying to heft Jr. around, probably ~12lbs right now, is proving more taxing than I think she anticipated for her comical baseline strength level (imagine pre-serum Steve Rogers trying to do a push up), so there's that.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! 3 clients this morning then 4 tonight! Nice and clear today, but still cold.

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, dumbell pullovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Lasagne for dinner.
  • steveko89
    Dreary Wednesday here. Temps still up in the 60s before the bottom drops out again and it's back to low 30s over the weekend. Made it tough to get out of bed this morning with the steady rain hitting the roof and some rolling thunder. I really want to get in the habit of doing at least some warm-up/cool-down cardio or both as I think even 20 minutes will make a difference but I have a hard time getting up with enough time to get my lifts in and get to work on time as it is.

Strength: Upper Body Power
    Bench - 4 sets, 230 x 3, 3, 3, 5
    Barbell Row - 4 sets, 180 x 5s
    OHP - 4 sets, 135 x 3, 3, 3, 5
    Lateral Raises - 3 sets, 30s x 5s
    EZ bar curls - 3 sets, 85 x 5s
    Weight Pull Ups - 3 sets, +70 x 3s

Assessment: Chicken & penne w/ spinach for dinner last night but snacked too much again. Predictably, weight staying around that 176 & change mark. Chicken again tonight.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! 4 clients this morning and 4 tonight! Nice day today!

Cardio: walk/jog- 60 minutes (350 calories)

Strength: arms- barbell curl, preacher curl, close grip bench, lying tricep extensions. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Spaghetti with meat sauce.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF!!! 4 clients this morning then 1 this evening. Just some light cleaning today.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: legs- leg press, front squats, leg extensions, lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts. 4 x12,10,8, 6

Assessment: Pho for dinner.
  • steveko89
    So glad it's Friday, been a busy week and actually should get to relax some this weekend instead of the activity-filled nonsense last week. Was in a super-funk most of the day yesterday, got up on time but didn't work out, was just blah and grumpy. Ended up doing Waffle House again for dinner. Jr. had a good night getting to sleep and sleeping in general so I was able to get up a little earlier than I usually plan and make up for my big leg lifts from yesterday and get my planned workout in for today. Good start to Friday and a mental 180 from yesterday.

Cardio: Nothing to write too much home about. I screwed around with my battle ropes as a warm up and between supersets. I still really don't know what to do with them.

Strength: Abbreviated Lower Body Hypertrophy/Upper Body Hypertrophy
    Squats 3 x 205 x 8
    Deadlifts 3 x 205 x 5
    DB Incline Bench 3 x 40s x 10
    Flat Bench 4 x 175 x 12
    Barbell Row 4 x 140 x 8
    Lateral Raise 3 x 25s x 12
    EZ Bar Curls 3 x 65 x 8
    OHP 3 x 95 x 8
    Pull ups 3 x BW x 8

Assessment: Like I said good morning so far. Having lunch with a colleague and unclear on dinner plan but it's uncharacteristically not bothering me too much to not have everything planned out for the day. Will be a busy day at the office trying to get some stuff done that needs to go out this week. A little confused about my TDEE spreadsheet; since restarting my sheet at the beginning of the year it's been saying my maintenance level is 300 calories lower than my average intake despite the scale dropping (albeit slowly) over the last three weeks.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! 2 clients this morning then off. Raining for the next week! Will probably try to catch a movie.

Cardio: walking- 30 min (150 calories)

Strength: core- crunches, leg lifts

Assessment: Sushi last night.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! 4 clients this morning and then 5 this evening! More rain and DW is gonna be out of town all week, so just have to cook for me and my DD.

Cardio: run/jog- 30 minutes (250 calories)

Strength: shoulders- front shoulder raise, face pulls, side laterals, shrugs. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Poke bowl last night.

• steveko89
    Boy is it a Monday.

Cardio: What's this? A "cardio" entry? 500m rowing machine + spin bike til I was bored + battle ropes warm-up to get things moving this morning. Little brisk in the basement.

Strength:
    Flat Bench 4x12@175lbs
    Barbell Row 4x12@135lbs
    DB Lateral Raises 4x12x15lbs
    Incline Bench 4x12@115lbs
    Barbell Press 4x12@95
    EZ bar curls 4x12@65
    Ab work 4xAMRAP

Assessment: Hope everyone had a good weekend. Was nice and low-key which will be our last for at least the next two with crap we have scheduled. Did some tweaking to my routine after re-reading some stuff on MAV and optimal sets for growth. Seemingly getting better about dragging my rear out of bed on time, however didn't start my workout on time so I'll have to finish up my last superset tonight when I get home or when I set everything up for tomorrow morning. At 9 weeks postpartum I've been giving my wife space to come to her own conclusions about what she needs to do to get closer to her pre-pregnancy state; she was somewhat bemoaning that she doesn't think she's lost any more weight after the initial drop (albeit pretty close to her pre-pregnancy weight) and her shape being different. I don't think she'll get to a point where she's logging as meticulously as I do but I'm seeing the signs pointing her in that direction; same with doing some actual strength training. My weekly weight for last week actually put my linear regression for the year at a negative slope (a whopping -0.0098) which is nice.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! 4 clients this morning and then 4 tonight! Gotta do some laundry today.

Strength: chest- incline bench flyes, machine flyes, cable crossovers, dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and vegetables yesterday.
  • steveko89
    Happy Tuesday, all. Drew the short straw to sit in on the monthly real estate conference call today; always a snooze fest.

Strength: Finished lifts from yesterday and hit my lifts for today too.
    From yesterday: Incline bench, OHP, Curls, Hanging knee raises
    Programmed for today: Squats, Pull ups, Deadlift, Rear Delt Flyes, DB shrugs

Assessment: Cincinnati chili for dinner last night, polished off the last six oreos in the bag we had too for desert and still came in weighing less than yesterday. Likely doing Chipotle for dinner tonight.
  • steveko89
    Hump Day! Hoping for a quiet day after a busy Tuesday so I can catch up on some things I need to get to.

Strength:
    Flat Bench 4x6@225lbs
    Barbell Row 4x6@185lbs
    DB Lateral Raises 4x8@25lbs
    Incline Bench 4x6@155lbs
    Barbell Press 4x6@135
    EZ bar curls 4x12@65
    Ab work 4xAMRAP

Assessment: Like Monday, I didn't quite get downstairs to get my full workout in, only the first half. Will make it up either later tonight or tack on to tomorrow's workout. High sodium day yesterday reflected on the scale. Breakfast for dinner tonight
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! 3 clients this morning then 4 tonight! Super raining and windy today.

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, dumbell pullovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! 4 clients this morning and 4 tonight! Same as yesterday!

Cardio: walk/jog- 60 minutes (350 calories)

Strength: arms- barbell curl, preacher curl, close grip bench, lying tricep extensions. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Lasagna.