Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Fat fetishism

Replies

• spinnerdell
    spinnerdell Posts: 231 Member
    A friend of mine who was morbidly obese made a comfortable living as an artist's model. I admired her self-confidence and zest for living, but lost contact with her after I married and moved away. I wonder how her health held up over time.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    I am no expert in fetishes (I am overly fond of men in kilts though)

Do you need your house cleaned? ;)

https://www.meninkilts.com/

You're welcome...

Not available in my area :sad:
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I have no sources for you to read, but a little food for thought would be offensive/defensive linemen in American football. Most folks looking at them walking down the street would never consider them fit, yet could never do what they do on the field.

I'm not attempting to defend obesity by the way, just suggesting another viewpoint for discussion.

A family friend of ours was a lineman for the Giants once upon a time. He was fit in regards to performance, but he had bad health markers from being obese. One of the first things he did when he retired was lose a ton of weight, and most lineman do the same when they retire.

Mike Golic who was a defensive lineman talks about it quite a bit on his show on ESPN radio...guy has dumped a ton of weight and looks like a completely different person from when he played.

This is a kinda fun link, in that connection.

https://thesportsdrop.com/20-nfl-players-that-lost-a-ton-of-weight/

It's interesting to see the stark differences between the before and after of these fellows. The click-bait format and questionable grammar had me quit after the first half dozen though. Some of those first few did specifically mention the player retiring with though not necessarily due to obesity related health concerns. It seems not even very fit pro-football players can escape the risks of excess weight.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    JBanx256 wrote: »
    There is a kink or fetish (people like to use those 2 terms interchangeably, but they are distinctly different) for anything/everything. There are entire social media platforms based around fetishes/kinks. If you've just figured out that some people are sexually attracted to morbidly obese bodies, then heaven help you if you find out some of the other stuff that's out there.

Your Kink Is Not My Kink But Your Kink is OK. Nobody said a kink has to be healthy for you or for the other person (breath play is an obvious example). As long as it's SSC (safe, sane, & consensual) or RACK (risk-aware consensual kink), who cares? People are gonna get off however they get off; I'm positive we don't all care what you're doing behind closed doors.

This. All of this. It feels really out of line for people to be ridiculing/being dismissive of the various consensual things and activities that people are sexually attracted to.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    I mean, there's a fetish for everything. You're right I'm not really seeing what there is to debate and I don't really have a problem with this. I seriously doubt there are healthy people out there that are purposely becoming obese so they can appeal to these people with a fat fetish.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    I am just here for the men in kilts.

^ You have your priorities right.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member

when I got married, the entire wedding party was in kilts :)

<3
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    CSARdiver wrote: »

when I got married, the entire wedding party was in kilts :)

You married well.

yes I did <3
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member

This race is happening in my area - kilts provided with registration! I couldn't convince any of my friends to do it (mostly because they don't run, not because they are anti-kilt) :(

e4t528nr0zt9.png

But this picture is not men in kilts, this is women in kilts.

I am pretty sure I would enjoy that race though.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited February 2019
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    I am no expert in fetishes (I am overly fond of men in kilts though)

Do you need your house cleaned? ;)

https://www.meninkilts.com/

You're welcome...

Had them do the office windows. No interest to me, but yeah the ladies were all in that day :)

auurry8qlzey.gif