runners?

just looking for some runner friends! =] How long have you been running? what distances do you do? races? times? let's hear your it :D !

Replies

• arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Who me?

I've been running obsessively for nine years now.

Half marathon is my favorite distance for sure. I've raced ~ 30 of them, including 4 in 4 days (the quaffle).

PRs are in my sig line.
  • I am proud to say that I am a long distance runner. I have been training for the Air Force Marathon which is on September 17. :D

This weeks running schedule:

Today- 2 miles
    Tuesday- 7-8 miles
    Wednesday-3-4 miles
    Tuesday- 6-7 miles
    Friday- off
    Saturday- 22 miles
  • TakuraHunt
    TakuraHunt Posts: 208
    I just started runnuning in May. I try to get in @ least 3 miles a day @ least 5 days a week. I've only done 2 5k"

June 25 (my first 5k) 33.10
    July 28 (second 5k) 32.40
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    I run a bit as part of my triathlon training. Pavement running doesnt do much for me, but i really enjoy trail running. Longest distance to date is a 10k... but I'm eyeballing a half iron man next year which includes a half marathon.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    I'm a runner - but not a very fast one. I've been running since November and I've done 5 5K's so far this spring/summer and have one more to go. In September I start training for my first 10K. In October I do my first 5 mile race. And then in November I do my first 10K. Assuming I can live through all of that, I want to start training for my first half - to be completed April of next year, and then a full marathon next October.
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    I started running about a year and a half ago. I run 3 to 4 miles a day, 5 days a week.
    Love it. :heart:
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    I run a bit as part of my triathlon training. Pavement running doesnt do much for me, but i really enjoy trail running. Longest distance to date is a 10k... but I'm eyeballing a half iron man next year which includes a half marathon.

i like your signature :D lol
  • Noob here...but I'm trying hard to learn and become a decent runner. First 5K is in about 3 weeks!
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    I love running! I've been running pretty religiously for about 5 years. I don't do it as much as I used to since I started weight training. But I've done a few 1/2 marathons and a bunch of 10k's and have a full marathon planned for next year. I average about a 7:45 min mile....although, I'm sure I can't keep that pace for a marathon. We'll see. How about you?
  • barbiex3
    I love running! I've been running pretty religiously for about 5 years. I don't do it as much as I used too since I started weight training. But I've done a few 1/2 marathons and a bunch of 10k's and have a full marathon planned for next year. I average about a 7:45 min mile....although, I'm sure I can't keep that pace for a marathon. We'll see. How about you?

Awesome pace. when I'm just running for exercise or training I usually do 8:20 pace on average. Race Pace for 5k is usually around 7:45 pace. I run cross country, so I don't do that long of runs :P maybe like 10 miles at the most. usually around 35 miles a week
  • Mahlissa
    Mahlissa Posts: 128
    Hi

I love to run, it's who I am. 22:40 is my 5k not my best, 38 for a 5 miler, 1:46 for a half, only getting better, Sometimes it's how you feel,not how fast you run. Good luck and feel well :) been running for over 5 years, kids got in the way.. LOL
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Running saves me. Seriously it does! I started running seriously and competitively last August. I used to just run on the mill here and there. I have been training since January for a half marathon...Each race I aimed for got pushed back by life events particularly weddings but I am okay with that because life happens! Now I am officially on for September 24th. Since I had such a long training schedule, I focused on 5K's and my speed. I was making great progress until the summer heat hit in July. Now that end of August is here my times and endurance are coming back more. I am most definitely a fall/winter/spring runner!! Never liked the summer heat much, now I dislike it even more haha. My 5K PR below was made this past Saturday. 5K was made in March (with a sore throat and horrible weather), and the 10K was 80 degrees on July 4th!

I really truly love running though. It has improved my asthma, confidence, mental health, stress levels, friendships have been made that I never would have made before :-) I love meeting other runners and sharing stories!!

Good luck to everyone else on their running goals!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    I run everything and anything; basically as many races as I can get to/afford:smile: Currently training for my first full in November (and will run another half in October) and expect to run 30 races in 2011.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    I run and have a long history of running. Was a sprinter/hurdler thru college. Hated distance runnning wasn't very good at it. But the last few years of running solidly I have gotten so much better, even did a marathon. I like running trails mostly, but every now and then its nice to hit a track or flat pavement & run fast.
    I do a few races here & there, but I'm probably done until the spring for now. Might squeeze in a fall half. We'll see.
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    I started running about a year and a half ago as part of my "get healthier and lose weight" lifestyle change. I had not really run since running high school cross country, which was a loonnngggg time ago. I started with the Couch to 5K program and ran my first 5K last May 2010. I continued with the Bridge to 10K program and ran my first 10K last Oct 2010. Once I was hooked, I just kept going...a little longer and a little farther each week. I completed my first half marathon in January 2011. My 2011 New Years resolution was to run a race each month of 2011, and I am on track so far...I have done 2-5Ks, 2-10Ks, and just did my 4th half marathon yesterday!! Still pretty slow, but for me, finishing is my PR and I am happy with the accomplishment every time. Yesterday's half was the America's Finest City Half in San Diego...It was awesome!! There were participants from 45 states and 17 countries, which I think is amazing. There was an 83 year old man who ran it, and he has run it every year since it started 34 years ago. I am ispired by these people. It was also his 83rd birthday and they gave him bib #83. I was very excited when I saw him and was able to wish him "Happy Birthday"...also a bit happy that I passed him...lol! This race was also the third race in our San Diego Triple Crown, which I completed, so I was happy to get extra race bling!! Happy running all!!
  • Noob here...but I'm trying hard to learn and become a decent runner. First 5K is in about 3 weeks!

Okay...feeling a bit out of place after reading all the posts, but that's okay...we all have to start somewhere, right? :)

Okay...feeling a bit out of place after reading all the posts, but that's okay...we all have to start somewhere, right? :)

Of course! I started in October 2009 and ran my first 5k. I then decided that I wanted to run a 10k in November and I trained for that, and then I guess I caught the bug cause I then decided to train for my first half in May 2010, and then took a little break and now am going to run my first marathon next month :D
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    I've been running for almost a year now, started with C25K last fall. I've run 7 races; five 5k's, a 3 miler and a 5 miler. i just registered for my first 10K on 11/12 and will try to run a 1/2 marathon in December. I usually run 4 days a week right now, at least 3 miles for a couple of them, and I'm building up my long runs on Saturday going up to 8 miles this week.
  • barbiex3
    Noob here...but I'm trying hard to learn and become a decent runner. First 5K is in about 3 weeks!

it's okay when I started I could not even run a mile in 12 min on the treadmill. =[ now I can run a mile in under 6 min :D !!! It's so much fun to see yourself improve. You guys will do great.
  • datzun
    datzun Posts: 198
    I've been running for about 3 months now (never thought I'd get into it). I run 5 days a week. Constantly trying to improve my time/distance. My best times so far are in my profile sig (haven't run in any organized events yet). Running is a great escape for me. ;D Feel free to add me!