Healthy lunch recipes?

Want to live and eat a little healthier this year. What are some healthy/easy lunch recipes you have?

Replies

• Girlwithnoname77
    Girlwithnoname77 Posts: 108 Member
    I am keen on this thread too; as it is easy for me - as I don't work, but I am trying to think up flexible work and school lunch ideas for my husband and kids that transport well, keep and are not fiddly. At the moment i only give them sandwiches.

My regular, easy lunch is 1g butter melted to "fry up" 2 eggs, sometimes with or without a slice or two of toast (depending on the day).

You can make boiled eggs that transport well and serve with salad or toast. I do find for lunch i need carbs to sustain me, but i move with the day and what I plan for dinner, the weather, how much activity I have had etc.

There are many do ahead salads that keep well including bean salad, tabouli, Cous cous or quinoa salads. The beauty of these is you can make a bigger batch to last say 3 lunches. I like that I can just enter the meal once and copy the meal to other days.

I am happy to be boring for breakfast, lunch, morning and afternoon teas - I add my foodie variety to my dinners.
  • LadySmuag
    LadySmuag Posts: 1 Member
    I recommend googling 'meal prep' for ideas. I cook once a week and then pack the leftovers into containers and take them to work M-F with me. At work, all it takes me is a few minutes in a microwave for a hot, homecooked meal every day.
  • Roza42
    Roza42 Posts: 246 Member
    This week I prepped roasted broccoli, carrots, onion and garlic in olive oil, Broccoli rice with onion shitake mushrooms and sage, and sautéed zucchini and onions, and put into separate jars. Then I bring mixed greens with apples or pears, pumpkin or sunflower seeds, manchego or chicken, avocado and mix with lemon or lime juice and olive oil. Choice of veg and salad mixings. If you want something easy to carry, maybe a veggie quiche or casserole replacing the crust with a tortilla.
  • MomtoFran
    MomtoFran Posts: 11 Member
    I am big on eggs (boiled) and I normally do 90% lean ground beef. That normally keep me filled. You can do cut up cream cheese and veggoes. And, I do tea. You could add a toast
  • Love_2_Hike
    Love_2_Hike Posts: 103 Member
    All my lunches go in the Michele Bridges meal prep containers. They are fantastic. I prep for 3-4 days at a time.
    My go-to's are. All my meals have protein and good fats.
    1) A low carb wrap, 100gm protein, a heap of salad, home made mayo. Piece of fruit and avo/olives.
    2) A bit of a mixed platter (in the lunchbox though!). Olives, dip, veggie sticks, cubed cheese, fruit, rice crackers, chicken cubes.
    3) A mixed green salad( Quinoa, Green salad, Pasta salad), 100g protein (eggs, tuna, chicken), salad dressing container, Avocado/fruit.

• Thanks! These sound great. I haven’t really had the time/motivation to go around with eating healthy the past few months sadly:( But i’m back again, hoping to stay consistent this time! Wish me luck. Hope you guys are doing great.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Sandwich, leftovers from dinner, salads. My wife will often make a big batch of quinoa or rice for the week and I'll grill a bunch of chicken thighs and then we just throw in whatever veg we want.