scanning for vitamin nutrition info

As a newbie I wonder if anyone has thought of adding their daily Vitamin intake as a recipe to be included in one of their meals? I attempted to do so but have had no luck scanning for values on line. I saw that someone posted the question as a suggestion on Jan 7th of ??? IDK year with no answer. I tend to be stubborn as that is how you achieve anything worthwile.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    A lot of the multivitamins are already in the FOOD database, or you can enter it as a new food using your bottle and label to manually enter it.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    A lot of the multivitamins are already in the FOOD database, or you can enter it as a new food using your bottle and label to manually enter it.

Mine are. I am logging them because they are gummies and pack a whopping 50 calories.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited February 2019
    I use two supplements and they were already in the database. I used to just log it under a meal but eventually renamed a meal to "supplements" and they get logged there. Mine don't have much in the way of calories but this just reminds me to take them.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    It is a complete non-issue for me.
  • reversemigration
    reversemigration Posts: 168 Member
    If it's a vitamin I'm tracking, I scan the barcode and include it. For instance, I donate blood on a regular basis, so I keep an eye on my weekly iron average to make sure that I'm ranging near my RDA.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Use the recipe builder!