An update 3.5yrs later to my original “success story”

2»

Replies

• influencingangel
    influencingangel Posts: 24 Member
    Such a sad story to read but a wonderfull ending
    You are truly an inspiration to me..God bless you always..
  • ashleygroizard
    ashleygroizard Posts: 181 Member
    I’m so sorry to hear about the deaths in your family. Reading your story broke my heart. I congratulate you and I would like to say that you are really beautiful and looking amazing. I hope one day I can get to my desired weight of 57kg. I’m at 84.9kg and doubting I’ll get to 57kg but I’m hoping I do so I can hopefully look beautiful and amazing. You should be so proud of yourself going through a really hard life and achieving your goal well done to you I’m proud of you
  • Jenepher1202
    Jenepher1202 Posts: 27 Member
    I’m so sorry to hear about the deaths in your family. Reading your story broke my heart. I congratulate you and I would like to say that you are really beautiful and looking amazing. I hope one day I can get to my desired weight of 57kg. I’m at 84.9kg and doubting I’ll get to 57kg but I’m hoping I do so I can hopefully look beautiful and amazing. You should be so proud of yourself going through a really hard life and achieving your goal well done to you I’m proud of you
    Thank you. You absolutely CAN!! I doubted I would ever lose. Make small goals and celebrate as you achieve them. My 1st goal was to be under 200lbs. Then it was to be in a single digit size. Now its to maintain.
    Also taking weekly full body pics REALLY helped. I would wear the same outfit every Thursday and take a picture. So when I felt like I was fighting an uphill battle I would put photos side by side, to see the difference. It helped so much to see the difference from week to week! It was one of the best feelings when I had to change to a “new outfit” bc the one no longer fit.
  • Enthusiast84
    Enthusiast84 Posts: 171 Member
    I'm so moved and inspired by your story. Thank you for sharing. You look stunning!

I've been in maintenance for a few months so those tips will really help.
  • ashleygroizard
    ashleygroizard Posts: 181 Member
    Thank you. You absolutely CAN!! I doubted I would ever lose. Make small goals and celebrate as you achieve them. My 1st goal was to be under 200lbs. Then it was to be in a single digit size. Now its to maintain.
    Also taking weekly full body pics REALLY helped. I would wear the same outfit every Thursday and take a picture. So when I felt like I was fighting an uphill battle I would put photos side by side, to see the difference. It helped so much to see the difference from week to week! It was one of the best feelings when I had to change to a “new outfit” bc the one no longer fit.

Thank you very much for believing in me. Kinda feel like giving up trying but I know I can’t do that because I’ll go back to the old unhealthy me and that’s not a good thing. I did the wrong thing last week by starving myself for three days straight I ended up putting back on all the weight from when I started starving myself. That does not work plus it’s dangerous to do so I won’t be doing that again. Hoping to start losing weight again. My goal atm is to be 80kgs I’m back up to 85.4kg now so I’ll keep working at my goals step by step thank you very much for tips
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    This is a very touching story. You are a resilient and strong woman. I’m proud of you.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    I think you are still beautiful. Good luck on your journey.
  • rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member
    <quote>My weight dropped as low as 128 but that felt impossible to maintain. So I 130-138 seemed to be a good range for me. I had set a couple safety rules in place to help keep myself in check. 1. I set 145 as my a caution weight. The first two times I reached 145 I immediately went back into full calories counting mode and was able to drop it fairly quick. 2. My “red zone” weight was 155. This was reached twice since 2015. The first scared the crap outta me and like the two other attempts I was able to drop the weight fairly quick with calorie counting and working out. The 2nd time, being currently. I not only hit my “red zone” I also had promised myself I would never buy up a size in jeans. This helping me keep my self in check. Well, I reached 155+(I didn’t weigh myself until after a week of dieting) and was down to only wearing jeans that had stretch fabric.
    I knew this was coming. I’ve hovered in the area for the past 2 months but for whatever reason I couldn’t just get it “to click”. I couldn’t bring myself to making the commitment.
    In the last 4years ive noticed a habit.. I start avoiding the scale. Because if I ignore it, I can plead ignorance, right?!? Wrong! I start reaching for the yoga pants, legging/dresses vs my jeans. So I knew it was coming. I knew it needed to be done. So seeing 155 show up on scale last week after a week of dieting was enough for me! I just finished two weeks of calorie counting and 1 week of work out videos everyday, and I’m already seeing progress! This week I’m down 5lbs. still have ab 15 more lbs to go but I’m determined. A few random things I’ve learned to help stay in shape but obviously I have not perfected.

-dont ignore the scale. It’s not that you have to “live” by the number but you need to be aware of it as it’s a great guideline
    -once at goal weight.. working out is a great way to stay in shape w/o having to restrict diet as much. *this is perhaps where I fail the most. I have to say I’m just not somebody who naturally enjoys working out. I work out bc I love food. So finding unique fun ways to get a work out in is key for me.
    -moderation is key. To everything.
    -Sharing my plan with somebody or even better- starting with a friend makes me more likely to achieve my goals(and faster too). something about the accountability.

****If I mess up with a meal that doesn’t cancel the entire day. If I have an unplanned cheat day the rest of the week is not a “lost cause”. If I make bad choices for a week, that doesn’t give me the excuse to just give up on the month. Life happens. Life and food is meant to be enjoyed. So enjoy it! If u fall behind then pick yourself up and start again. Don’t make excuses. Don’t allow food to control you. But MOST importantly- DO NOT allow the scale nor the size you wear control your self worth. You are special, unique, and your body is an amazing thing- LOVE YOURSELF AT ALL TIMES!!</quote>

Us maintainers need to read this a few times. I could have written these same things over the years many times over and over again. Esp the knowing you were over but not being able to get it to CLICK or commit to in to a deficit again.

Congrats to you on hanging in there and turning things around through all the adversity. And thank you for posting!

Thank you so much! It’s a constant struggle. And to think I thought once I lost the weight I’d be good to go. Lol

It is a constant struggle, and I used to think the same way: I’ve lost the weight so I should be good to go!

I too, have experienced several deaths in my immediate family, and those deaths have put me through similar spirals. ❤️ thanks for sharing.
  • adotbaby
    adotbaby Posts: 199 Member
    My condolences on your losses, and congrats to your success with weight loss. You are an inspiration to all of us.