I can't give up this time.

brendawallacetipton
brendawallacetipton Posts: 3 Member
edited February 2016 in Motivation and Support
I have started and stopped trying to keep track and exercise, portion control, etc.
I went to the doctor yesterday and had a scare. All my counts were higher then previously.
So was my weight. I don't really have any friends on the same journey so I am looking for one.
Friendship, understanding, support, and encouragement to keep it up and not Quit again.
I am NOT looking for suggestions on wraps, or green or programs. I am VERY low income.

Replies

• Itreadlightly
    Itreadlightly Posts: 87 Member
    Make a pact with yourself that you will do it for 24 hours. Then the next day decide again for 24 hours. Etc. in 3 weeks it will be habit.
    Think of tracking as a safety device- a crutch you need while getting healthy.
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    I also have had a lot of ups and downs. This time I did something different.

I set a lot of little goals. Some of them were totally stupid and then there was my big weight goal.

It might help stay on track.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Only advice I have is that it's ok to start small and build. Start with one or two changes to your habits, give yourself a couple weeks to get used to them, and then make another change. It will require a bit more research on your end for recipes and the like, but it's totally doable. You might also check out budget bytes for some really good budget recipes.
  • I am back on track.. so far.. I am starting each morning with apple cider vinegar (in water of course) and a capsule of Keto Burn Extreme (supplement) I stayed in my calorie limit for today and I don't feel hungry. Go me
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited February 2019
    I am back on track.. so far.. I am starting each morning with apple cider vinegar (in water of course) and a capsule of Keto Burn Extreme (supplement) I stayed in my calorie limit for today and I don't feel hungry. Go me

Can I ask what happened in the 3 years since your initial post? And why you're drinking apple cider vinegar? Also what is this supplement you're on and what is supposed to do for you?
  • radtrae
    radtrae Posts: 12 Member
    I was low income when I started my journey 5 years ago. You don’t need money to be healthy. Just shop sales for healthy foods. Drink lots of water. Walk! When you want to exercise look up videos on YouTube. They have full videos of almost everything. Yoga, Pilates, Zumba, and general exercise. Most importantly, remember you can do this.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    I am glad to hear you had a good day. I personally don’t use ACV or any supplements. Tracking your food is the key. Just track everything as honestly as possible. Every day. Every meal. Even if over calories. Eventually you may find small ways to change your diet by adding a vegetable here or there or trying new recipes. I recommend setting your goals related to attendance vs performance. Instead of “I will lose x lbs this week” use “I will track everything I eat this week.” Or “I will walk every day this week.” Celebrate your consistency. Finding ways to eat less and move more over time pays off.
  • guil0095
    guil0095 Posts: 327 Member
    I am back on track.. so far.. I am starting each morning with apple cider vinegar (in water of course) and a capsule of Keto Burn Extreme (supplement) I stayed in my calorie limit for today and I don't feel hungry. Go me

That's amazing! <3 Take it one day at a time, and whenever you feel like giving up, were all here for support. :)