What was the last meal you cooked?

Options

Replies

• widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »
    Went hiking with a senior group today, so made a simplistic dinner: braised chicken and veggies in a white wine reduction (sounds more impressive than the simple thing it is), served with spaghetti squash and sauce. Low sodium, very low fat, low carb, high flavor.

Pics:
    1. Chicken, veggies braising.
    2. Served, with squash and sauce.

twj05ijxxfec.jpg

p0nrlqugclhf.jpg

Yum!
  • lagirlatheart
    lagirlatheart Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The last meal I made, was ham steak, with eggs, and hashbrowns. We've started to cut back the amount of gluten in our diets here, and breakfast for dinner was really low on the calories and carbs.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Posole for family, cheeseless calabacitas for myself.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Saturday: a big day for errands and ToDos, while the crockpot bubbles away for hours getting dinner ready. Tonight: Slowcooker Texas BBQ Chicken Stew served over spaghetti squash. Decent macros, good flavor (MFP Recipe Builder says this plate is 758cal, 54g protein, 17g fat, 17g fiber - with the cheese, but didn't count the cucumber).

29t5obv5ck8u.jpg
  • ultra_violets
    ultra_violets Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I did a keto version of chicken with cashew nuts. Just four ingredients: cubed boneless skinless chicken thighs, steamed broccoli, toasted cashews and a tablespoon of House of Tsang's classic stir fry sauce. So good.
  • Jonno_83
    Jonno_83 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Chicken wrap. Made with grilled chicken marinated in a paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice rub over night. With grilled onions, fried bell peppers, mushrooms, spring onions, a little yoghurt on the wrap and a sprinkle of spinach
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Burmese style chicken coconut curry.
  • mjbnj0001
    Options
    "French Lentil Soup," slowcooker version. I make it loaded with veggies, semi-thick and chunky. Could be made vegan-style, I used beef stock tonight.

Pics:
    1. Veggie/lentil mix ready for stock and seasonings to be added.
    2. Completed/served product.

es26vf9y8cqk.jpg

1lwyp5ou8qyk.jpg

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Made turkey in plum sauce.

gw7uow0fpjf6.jpg
  • an0393na
    an0393na Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    3vd6wbqn5yb4.jpg
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I made an herb rubbed sirloin tip roast with salt potatoes and green beans. We'd been living on soup and sandwiches for like a week, so to have a home cooked meal was glorious.
  • runnermom419
    runnermom419 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Last night was buffalo chicken wraps. First I brined two chicken breasts (Large saucepan of water, bring to a boil, add quarter cup of salt, garlic, basil, oregano, and pepper), let the brine cool and then let the chicken soak in the brine for a few hours. I threw the chicken in the crockpot along with a cup of buffalo sauce, turned to high for about 3 hours then shredded it. Served on a wrap with lettuce, blue cheese, tomato and onion.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    This instant pot recipe called Tuscan Chicken . It's basically Chicken Alfredo with penne and it was freaking AMAZING. Not exactly low-cal, but I tried to lighten it up a little bit using low-fat cream cheese and skim milk. I love my Instant Pot. SO. MUCH.

https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/instant-pot-tuscan-chicken-pasta/comment-page-2/#comment-491108
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I made a mesquite marinated pork loin, sauteed spinach with umami seasoning, and blue cheese mashed potatoes for dinner last night.
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I made a chicken & waffles casserole last night for dinner.. it was pretty good, nothing outstanding though. Not sure if I'd make it again.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Orange chicken with Asian stir fry and jasmine rice
  • runnermom419
    edited February 2019
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Last night was buffalo chicken wraps. First I brined two chicken breasts (Large saucepan of water, bring to a boil, add quarter cup of salt, garlic, basil, oregano, and pepper), let the brine cool and then let the chicken soak in the brine for a few hours. I threw the chicken in the crockpot along with a cup of buffalo sauce, turned to high for about 3 hours then shredded it. Served on a wrap with lettuce, blue cheese, tomato and onion.

When you are throwing meat in the slow cooker to stew for few hours, you absolutely do not have to brine it. It does nothing at all.

Except add flavor and keep the chicken from being dry AF.
  • runnermom419
    Options

When you are throwing meat in the slow cooker to stew for few hours, you absolutely do not have to brine it. It does nothing at all.

Except add flavor and keep the chicken from being dry AF.

Nope. Not in the slow cooker. Nothing will come out dry out of a slow cooker cooking in liquid.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize this was a "criticize what the person above you cooked" thread. *I* liked what I made and couldn't care less what some wanna be Gordon Ramsey thinks. Have an AWESOME evening!!! :smile: :smile:
  • mjbnj0001
    Options
    Tonight (Tuesday): saute/braised Italian-style chicken breast with veggies (mushrooms, onion, garlic, tomato, olive), pasta with sauce with additional veg (frozen broccoli and cauliflower, steamed).

Pics:
    (1) as served.
    (2) beginning of braise stage. I misjudged the liquid requirement, so I tossed in a half handful of rice to soak some of it up. When reduced, the liquid made a nice pan sauce.

57i5zbb1b2wj.jpg

dtdziaktavsy.jpg

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Mussakhan - a Palestinian chicken dish with onions, sumac, and allspice (among other things) served with flatbread. I ended up eating it with pita that I bought from the Lebanese grocery store near my house - they make it to order. I am also kicking myself for not buying sumac there but instead of going to Penzeys. It was half the price at the local place.

It was my first time making it and it's definitely a keeper. I was initially planning on using an entire chicken but decided to not use the breasts (will be using them for chicken stock tomorrow - thanks to another thread that has me lusting after matzo ball soup). I'm now kicking myself for that decision because leftovers will go fast! I also omitted one of the three tbsp of olive oil as well as the pine nuts (not a big fan of pine nuts). There's a nearly identical recipe on the NYTime's cooking website which is adapted from the same book.