Ways you enjoy going to bed!!!

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Having been married 35 years, Mrs. finally made a king sized afghan for us. I like having that thing on top.

A what?

@JustPassingTime Such as https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/afghan-patterns-977982.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    Alone = best sleep.

Complete darkness, white noise to kill external sound, warm PJs and flannel sheets in winter.
  • Finishiitnow
    Finishiitnow Posts: 896 Member
    edited February 2019
    ythannah wrote: »
    Alone = best sleep.

Complete darkness, white noise to kill external sound, warm PJs and flannel sheets in winter.

That is pretty much my style..do you believe the way to sleep describe our personalities?
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Tankiscool wrote: »
    I like to fall asleep with an extra blanket, the heat really low, and with socks on. I don’t like clothes because I sleep beside a human furnace and they also make it harder to switch positions in the night.

tbvzbcwtk8iw.gif

Socks on?!?!

Have you not read the latest research?!

No Leuty, please explain!
  • cdlee4
    cdlee4 Posts: 507 Member
    Like that tv show,
    Naked and Afraid
  • Finishiitnow
    Alone.....

Me 2... Is there a psicologycal explanation?
  • hast6837
    hast6837 Posts: 25 Member
    edited February 2019
    Well for me it varies. Sometimes naked, sometimes pj.. Depends on the outside temp and weather and my mood. But then I'm usually up on and off with arm or back pain. So I don't always sleep well. Wish I did. In the summer just a sheet maybe a light blanket. In winter a sheet and large heavy blanket sometimes one leg out. Sometimes my left side or my back.
  • MrSunshinez
    MrSunshinez Posts: 573 Member
    Precursor to my good night's sleep is a steaming hot shower until the water runs cold. Then laying on my side with a pillow between the legs, a cuddle pillow *on sleep alone nights :( aka most nights * and my arm under my head pillow for the extra support. Feels like sleeping on clouds.
  • ArmyMedic23PFA
    ArmyMedic23PFA Posts: 726 Member
    alone
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    Alone = best sleep.

That is pretty much my style..do you believe the way to sleep describe our personalities?

Maybe. I'm very much an introvert so for me alone > being with people. However, the main issue for me is that I'm a very poor sleeper so sharing a bed with a restless snorer results in very little sleep.
  • Finishiitnow
    Alone = best sleep.

Maybe. I'm very much an introvert so for me alone > being with people. However, the main issue for me is that I'm a very poor sleeper so sharing a bed with a restless snorer results in very little sleep.[/quot

I totally get you. Any kind of noise wakes me up. Light, weather and worries are also factors that keeps me awake for hours even days. Lucky those who can find the perfect way to have a good night sleep. I am getting ideas here what to do.
  • Finishiitnow
    guil0095 wrote: »
    Cozy pj's, hot water bottle and a fan :D

This is the first time I heard about the hot water bottle. I will try this one.
  • jruch23
    jruch23 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Sleep just in boxers with the fan on and a/c on....I live in FL :P
  • Finishiitnow
    edited February 2019
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Naked, fan on, laying diagonal or on the right side of the bed, on my back with arms crossed over my chest

**edit to add
    I dont sleep well often, a long time ago I just pictured myself in a coffin, on my back, arms crossed against my chest...this is how I lay, when I can't sleep...it's comforting to me now, peaceful "looking" anyhow

I read an article about sleeping with no clothes. The author highly recommend it I tried but I could not even relax...
  • Finishiitnow
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Naked, fan on, laying diagonal or on the right side of the bed, on my back with arms crossed over my chest

**edit to add
    I dont sleep well often, a long time ago I just pictured myself in a coffin, on my back, arms crossed against my chest...this is how I lay, when I can't sleep...it's comforting to me now, peaceful "looking" anyhow

I read an article about sleeping with no clothes. The author highly recommend it. When I tried but I could not get to even relax...
    I’m always worried there’ll be a fire and I’ll have to rescue the entire household and then stand out in the snow naked.

I worry if someone breaks into my house..I also thought about the fire situation... maybe I will pass on this one.
  • Finishiitnow
    flat on my stomach with one leg straight down and the other bent up and out of the covers, sleeping mask, fan on, nyquil in my bloodstream, kisses on my forehead

😘😘😘