Women in their 40s!

Replies

• lemonita12
    lemonita12 Posts: 52 Member
    wearefab wrote: »
    My why today is feeling good and balanced emotionally. Life throws up loads of stresses. I often respond by eating and my body gets very sick with stress. The over eating and not exercising adds to stress and life becomes a tightly wound unenjoyable tense grind !
    If I avoid the bad ways of dealing with stress then I don't add to it , and life becomes easier.
    So I guess my why is an easy life.
    I also have medical conditions that get worse with overeating and prevent a full life. So I need to manage those
    A healthy full life with an easy mind!
    Today my goals are a yoga or gym session, easy on the bread again , no whole milk again and to go to shop and buy veg because I'm out of veg ! And eat it !
    Go well everyone 😀

I am with you, stress has led me to put the fat on and stressful days keep me from losing it :/ . My "why" is to be healthier overall, to keep the stress from affecting me so much so that I am well and happy with my amazing little family.
    I went a bit to the the gym today, I'll try to make the time for myself to do this at least every other day.

@ azkunk: good luck for your appointment <3
  • Chantell1979
    Chantell1979 Posts: 28 Member
    I’ll be 40 this year. I have been up and down on weight. Ready to get back on track. Please add me!
  • TayrayM
    TayrayM Posts: 3 Member
    New here and will be 40 in a few months! I was doing so good in my 30s until the last 2 years when I gained 30 pounds!!! Stress!!! Just looking for other women to keep up with for motivation!
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Hello. I'm Erin Maelyn. I'm 41. I don't have a lot of female friends in life. Just looking for a bit of support. My weight has been an issue for most of my life. It is coming off now, bit by bit. I am aiming to do this the right way and ignoring the pro-ana stuff that I am more familiar with due to my eating disorder history.
  • nurseflips
    nurseflips Posts: 10 Member
    Glad to see lots of posts here - I've had a busy week so I'm struggling to keep up with you all!
    Had some setbacks this week both eating and exercise wise as I'm a bit stressed with life at the moment but still managed better than I have in the past when I haven't been tracking. I love that tracking keeps you accountable and keeps things in check!
    I'm going to do more meal prep next week so I'm sure that will help a lot.
    Hope everyone's well! :)
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Well, I have a unique issue. My new card hasn't arrived yet AND I'm running low on food. I may have to do something I don't want to do, pull into reserves I was saving for later in the month. I got behind on bills and been attempting to get caught up on them. Hopefully, next month will be better. I get paid once a month. I'll head to the store tomorrow and pick up a couple of really cheap items to help.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Been busy the past couple of days with my sister visiting. The cardiologist appointment went as I expected. The resting ekg was abnormal so I will need to wear an event monitor for a bit and get a few tests. The doctor said that I can still exercise so I’m glad that I will be able to keep that momentum going. After my sister leaves, I am going to do some purging in the pantry and really get focused on eating better. My why now is all about improving my health.
  • LERB1970
    LERB1970 Posts: 0 Member
    I’m 48. I yo-yo with my weight. Menopause approaches and I need to look about 40% of my body weight and keep it off. I cannot carry on being the Goodyear Blimp. So here I am, not quite at my heaviest but definitely exceeding maximum density and needing to lose 40kg (88lb). I want to keep it off this time. Any and all motivation and support gratefully received. I’m back in the pool daily, and I’m aiming to get to 5 miles a week which allows me to have a couple of off days! Please feel free to add me. Lisa
  • Halloweenmom31
    Halloweenmom31 Posts: 56 Member
    Hi, I'm almost 44. I've been here for a while now and have managed to lose that final tricky 15lbs, and a few more to boot. I've been maintaining for nearly four years now. Feel free to add me.
    Hi, I'm almost 44. I've been here for a while now and have managed to lose that final tricky 15lbs, and a few more to boot. I've been maintaining for nearly four years now. Feel free to add me.

How did you do the last 15???? I’m stuck!
    Thank you!
  • clararg
    clararg Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2019
    Hi, everyone! I just turned 43. I’ve been using My Fitness Pal on and off for a few years now. I would like to be more consistent in tracking. I would like to lose 30 lbs. I really do believe that having accountability partners working on similar goals helps us all find success! Please feel free to add me. More power to us all :)
  • buxbert
    buxbert Posts: 244 Member
    I would like to be healthy, weigh less, be fit and sporty... immediately! This is not going to happen obviously so I will have to learn to be patient and consistent. I want to lose 25-30kg and firm up as much as possible at 47. One goal to reach is doing a headstand before turning 50 - I had meant to reach that goal at 40 but was super pregnant at that time so that had to be postponed. Just came back from a week of holidays and feel super motivated and super lazy at the same time, yeah!
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    3oifpncph4ed.jpg
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    buxbert wrote: »
    I would like to be healthy, weigh less, be fit and sporty... immediately! This is not going to happen obviously so I will have to learn to be patient and consistent. I want to lose 25-30kg and firm up as much as possible at 47. One goal to reach is doing a headstand before turning 50 - I had meant to reach that goal at 40 but was super pregnant at that time so that had to be postponed. Just came back from a week of holidays and feel super motivated and super lazy at the same time, yeah!

We have an ongoing handstand challenge going on in the challenges board. But any inversions are welcome! It helps to participate on that thread to motivate you to practice every day.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Yesterday was a good day. I have been reading about the DASH diet promoted by the NIH for hypertension. I think I am going to give it a shot but I’m going to have to ease into it slowly since I have a lot of frozen meals at home. I’m starting by incorporating more fruits, veggies and low fat dairy into my diet.
  • vanessa10311
    vanessa10311 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi! 41 and hitting workout goals but eating crappy foods. Some days I’m great some days I’m completely off and it’s making me so angry at my lack of self control. It’s complete self sabotage and so conscious doing it. I just can’t identify which wire I tripped up in my brain to give in to eating such bad foods. At this rate I’ll gain the twenty that I lost over the course of last year.... through healthy eating. Ugh.
  • buxbert
    buxbert Posts: 244 Member
    We have an ongoing handstand challenge going on in the challenges board. But any inversions are welcome! It helps to participate on that thread to motivate you to practice every day. [/quote]

Thanks for the tipp! What is it called exactly? There are several.. i def. will give it a try!
  • kpalk5
    kpalk5 Posts: 4 Member
    Hey Ladies! So I have been wanting to lose about 15 pounds and decided to go ahead and go for it. I recently purchased an Incline Trainer and am loving it so far. Could definitely use some friends for accountability and motivation on this journey.