Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,322 Member
    Got on scale this week and saw a number I am not used to seeing - lower!! So with any luck I will see it again soon. Saw sun for 5 minutes this morning.
  • stutba
    stutba Posts: 152 Member
    I am hoping you allow new comers to join. I am a serial starter for the past two years and I think I am finally in the head game for the long haul. With out being to long or boring, About 3 yrs ago I gained 30 pounds and now another 10. That makes 40 lbs to lose. I have been at this for only 3 days of logging, however, am in the game for 1 week now. I used to love to run, so I have started the slow process of getting there again. I am run/walking 1 to 2 miles 3x week. The longest stretch I've been able to go is .35 miles of running with .10 miles walk, then run again. 20 to 30 minutes time. I not only want to look good again, I need to lose this weight as my blood pressure is much to high and I know weight loss and exercise will help me get it back into order. I am now 50 yrs old and find dieting extremely tough. I guess that is part of the serial starter thing.. Small steps. 1st goal is to run 1 mile straight and to lose 20 pounds. Would love to join the conversation for support and motivation.
    Thanks for reading Birdie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Birdie - welcome and yes you are welcome to stop by and post when you want. It is an open board. You will find a wide range in age -but we have all been around the barn once and would like to stop the bad habits. Like what you have done so far. Let us know how we can keep you on the right path.

Vacuum is something dog hates, but I have put it off for too long.
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    edited February 2019
    @stutba - Welcome to the board! I'm a runner that got hurt, gained weight and am trying to make it back to normal. This is a great group.

Baxter the Wonder Dog and I hit the trails for 5 miles this afternoon. Not running when I am with him - His legs are just too short and he isn't trained to run and not make abrupt stops. He did SO good!!
    qcqyparrweof.jpg
  • Tilliesmommy1
    7627 steps total not bad for a rainy day - couple of trips to the garbage bin helped!

Love Baxter the wonder dog, is he smiling?

Time to make chamomile tea and curl up with dog.

Wishing all a good night
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Did most of my to do list already so today is groceries and dog to vet for monthly visit. Hoping for a nap with dog.

Made 8 sweet potato (grated and roasted) bean and cheese burrito - about a cup full of ingredients so nice small evening dinner. Have 1 serving of sweet potato sausage and 2 pork fried rice in freezer - time to clean out the rest.

Oatmeal is ready and cold enough to jump back into bed with Miss T.

Wave to all who follow.
  • suzu_2
    Good Sunday morning!!!
    Raining here and slightly warmer today. My Tigers are playing at 1 PM so off to the game early... Yikes, I feel HOT WINGS coming on, so looks like stationary bike time tonight!!! Life is a trade-off.

We have friends in from Denver that came for the game. Weirdly enough met through a mutual acquaintance we had a random conversation with at a trade show a couple of years ago. My husband and I stopped to talk to one of the vendors and later he told a friend from Denver -"Oh yeah, I met a guy from Memphis that collects some of the same things that you do..." And an on-line correspondence was born. You just never know what will spark a friendship!! We ran all over the city together yesterday morning and took them to out favorite BBQ place early afternoon. We are meeting up again for the game today. They are about the same age as our son, but we have a lot of common interests and just had a blast together! Have an invitation to Denver later this year and may take them up on it.

This long weekend has been a diet challenge on the food front, but I have tried to balance the "over-the-top" meals with more thoughtful meals at other times and plenty of activity!
    Ok - this was meant to be just a Good Morning check in but looks like I ran a little long! Ya'll have a GREAT Sunday filled with things that you love and bring you joy!
  • stutba
    stutba Posts: 152 Member
    Happy Sunday,
    I walked 1 mile with the dog this am. Very peaceful, no-one out in the neighborhood, but snowy and cold, 12deg at present. Winter cant end soon enough.
    I have chicken taco soup cooking in the crockpot. New recipe and only 239 calories for 2 cups .(Cheese and sour cream not included). Hope it tastes as good as it smells.
    My DH started a fire in the fireplace as I think it is a day confined to the house. I love crafting so I guess a good day to figure out a new project.
    Best to you all!
    Birdie
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Hi all 👋

Birdie - your corgi is SO adorable!!

Been a grey and gloomy day today. Not getting much incentive to do anything. Pain level is high. Trying to rest. Found some great corn ships that have very low sodium. Breaking apart slices of Havarti cheese (another excellent find - I LOVE cheese) and making a lower sodium, but still tasty version of nachos. Someone gave me a Coke Zero yesterday to try. I don’t do pop/soda often anymore. It was nice to have a sugar free alternative that wasn’t so strong. Usually Coke leaves me feeling as if the enamel has been stripped from my teeth.

Forgot about weigh in until yesterday evening... was up 3 pounds yesterday evening. This afternoon, I was down 0.8 pounds from last week. The sodium is my worst enemy. When I cut it, I drop weight. But I love my sodium foods SO much. Compromise 😀

Hope everyone is doing well and not ready to crawl out of their skin with “cabin fever”... this is usually the time of year it always hit me back home. So our weird rainy, chilly, windy, and grey days one after the other for so long has been triggering it for me.

Runa 💐
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    stutba wrote: »
    Happy Sunday,
    I walked 1 mile with the dog this am. Very peaceful, no-one out in the neighborhood, but snowy and cold, 12deg at present. Winter cant end soon enough.
    I have chicken taco soup cooking in the crockpot. New recipe and only 239 calories for 2 cups .(Cheese and sour cream not included). Hope it tastes as good as it smells.
    My DH started a fire in the fireplace as I think it is a day confined to the house. I love crafting so I guess a good day to figure out a new project.
    Best to you all!
    Birdie

Soup sounds yummy! Have you shared pup pic/info? We love pups here :)
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Hiii all! Wanted to check in.

Sounds like some of you have had some miserable weather! It was warm and then a bit cooler here the past few days - but cooler has meant 60 degrees. Spent a lot of yesterday outside exploring a nearby town and some old church ruins. Have been on the go cleaning, plus did my couch to 5k and walk! I have over 14,000 steps today. I got an Apple Watch this past week and am so pumped to use it.

Roasted some cauliflower and broccoli, and made some quinoa and ground chicken for lunches this week.

Now to go relax before Monday comes!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, everyone!
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hi everyone! Welcome to the group Birdie!
    Ms Maggie got her staples out on Friday, but wound is still draining so we are still bandaging and trying to keep waterproof. They suggested we still limit her activities so she doesn’t bust it open. We used to go on walks every morning. Now we do not. I know I could go without her, but she is the early bird and I would feel awful. I miss those walks!!!! I am hoping mid next week! Now we do slow strolls with the leash on to try and curb her energy. Sigh. This is taking a long time to heal up!
    Anyway - Baxter is adorable!
    I am going to have all of you start sending me meals. Your re all such great cooks!
    Have a great Sunday evening. Back to the grind tomorrow.
    Lynn
  • mypixiedesigns
    mypixiedesigns Posts: 26 Member
    Hi there. New to this group but not at starting weight loss.

This time it needs to stick as I was just diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and I am sure my weight (and age) is the primary reason.

Anyone here need to lose 40+ pounds that has a diabetes situation?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited February 2019
    7048 steps total, did not log in steps yesterday - oops

mypixie- welcome!! I am at least 40 pounds out from "ideal" at the moment- anyone ready dealing with diabetes? You are welcome to stop by and post.

Whenever I have to have my computer worked on remotely, it is an ideal time to knit as I have to babysit the computer which lets face it is rather dull....... so I got in a nice piece of knitting today.

Dog at vet we scheduled her next physical/teeth cleaning next month - they can believe she will be 13. Now if I could take as good of care for myself.

Wishing all a good night
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Welcome @mypixiedesigns !! This is a great and supportive group. To answer your question: I have about 160 lbs to lose and just got diagnosed with prediabetes. Quite a few folks around me have just had their prediabetes diagnosis changed to Type II diabetes. So I am being told to do what I can now.

Was given lots of advice by my virtual race Facebook group... but it’s all very overwhelming and I am taking one day... one decision at a time. Top on my “to read” list is The Diabetes Code by Dr Jason Fung. It came highly recommended... as well as his book The Obesity Code.

For me, though... it’s one thing to know... and quite another to DO. Consistency has always been my problem.

Welcome again! Stop by... post... don’t be a stranger 😃

Runa
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    Seems like it’s grey are gross all over the country. There was a fine grey mist all over town today but it just finally started raining. Packing for the trip, doing last minute costume fitting, and eating TERRIBLY.

I just lost the motivation to cook this last week, which is weird because I love cooking. I actually turned the stove on several times just to turn it off and debate a peanut butter sandwich or Chinese delivery.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited February 2019
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Scale down 1.2 pounds - nice change as it has not done that in weeks.

Kathryn - thank you!! Order at least 12 of those. Lana we have got to get another Cabana Boy try out started - and thank you for sending Mario on a long cruise.....

Marsel - partly sunny today which is appreciated then 3 days of clouds possible rain.

Got a coupon for shoes online. I have gotten to the age where if I find a good pair I just keep buying in new colors. I bought the green pair of sandals and am thinking of the corral pair. Someone asked me why I didnt buy more and I said they were $70 dollars each - she understood. I have foot issues I am trying to support and prevent, so the online discount and coupon make it $55.00 before tax, but 2 pair is too $$ at the moment.

Miss T did well at the vet and she is doing much better, even wanted to play "fetch" I throw she catches and she rarely returns, I have to get up and rethrow - calorie burning activity.

Valentines Day is a nice holiday if you have a valentine - I used to make heart shaped cookies, got butter cookie recipe from allrecipes that is the bomb, but that means too many in the house (makes 6 dozen) - way too much chocolate items at store - found heart shaped organic lollypops in cherry or watermelon to pass out at work to some of my coworkers. Lasts longer at least.

Monday Monday - cant trust that day (Mammas and Pappas - youtube) time to get moving along. Lurking as usual - wasnt thinking essay length here - sorry

Wave to all who follow
  • suzu_2
    Morning All - Baxter says HI!! Yes, he is always smiling. I was terrified to climb on the scales after playing fast and loose with the food choices this weekend, but didn't do as much damage as feared.

@mypixiedesigns - Welcome! Trying to avoid the Diabetes Type II diagnosis here - My mom, dad, brother, both maternal grandparents... Well, you get the picture. We will always support.
    @marsellilove - You have got to post pictures after your trip /costuming!
    @hickchic67 - You crack me up!! Love that shirt
    @Tilliesmommy1 - Great scales news!
    @brennerjlb - Glad the pup is doing better
    @RunaMarti - Did you ever get your procedure scheduled now that you have a driver?

Have a great day all - HiHo-HiHo heading off to start a new week
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Monday Monday - yes I am humming along!
    Sara - you are an awesome dog mom - 13 and going strong!
    Mypixiedesigns - welcome. I could repeat almost exactly what Suzu 2 - lots of II in my family. My fasting is inching up. 40 lbs too is what Dr. says I need to come off. I would be very happy with 20.
    Marsellove- I agree - pictures!
    Have a great day!
    Lynn