Weekly Post 04/02/2019 - 10/02/2019

Options
Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,957 Member
Good morning all!

Happy Monday!

Love the pics you guys posted on last week's thread! Beautiful water and cute puppy!! <3

My weekend was good. I am a NE Patriots fan, so Super Bowl Sunday was pretty cool for me. :smiley:

Back on track today and this week. Planning to eat clean and hit the gym a few times.

Hope you have a good day and a great week! See you all soon!

Replies

• mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Good morning Meghan ! Yes the Patriots outplayed the Rams the entire game... although, being on the west coast, I was rooting for LA of course but it’s all good fun!

I didn’t eat THAT much as I opted not to do the appy idea (did that sat) but instead we just had pizza and chips & there was a bowl of peanuts.... well I overdid the peanuts and now I’m suffering with an upset stomach! Sipping hot water right now.... today will be a boiled egg day! Light dinner for sure.

Have a great day people!!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning

@mamainthekitchen Absolutely, I hear you about rooting for the Rams! If my team wasn't in it, then I would have been too! Jared Goff is a great QB and has a bright future ahead of him. :)

Not much happening here. Just life. LOL Eating clean so far and plugging along.

Make it a great day all! :smiley:
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning gang!

Hope everybody is doing well today!

See you soon.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Everybody disappeared again. LOL

Hope you all are well.

See you soon. :)
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I am back! We had a snow day yesterday and again today. I was SO piled with stuff to do, I was thinking of taking yesterday off anyway. I got all caught up yesterday, so today I am going to get my house super clean and get ahead on my homework. I sincerely had a praise moment yesterday when I got the call that school was off! I hope everyone is having a great week and staying warm. It is currently 11 degrees(F) with a windchill of -9. There is about an inch of ice on the ground. I am in the sun with a blanket and a dog. :)
    Have a great end of the week and happy fasting!
  • Meghan509
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Good morning gang!

LOL too funny @KateNkognito you deserve a day off!! We are having a little rain this morning and then it is supposed to warm up and be upper 50's today! No snow here lately and the local groundhogs last weekend predicted an early spring for us. Not sure I believe all that groundhog stuff, but none the less I can totally pass on a lot of snow if possible! LOL

Things are rolling along here. The usual drill with work and life. Still feeling some discomfort in my back and hip with the arthritis issue but definitely think that the physical therapy is a big help. I take the medication randomly when needed. Took one last night. Feeling okay today.

The nice thing is I am finally feeling less stressed with life. The work project I had is finished for now. I got the issues with the car accident wrapped up. Still sad about my old car and the fact that it didn't make it see 1 1/2 years old. Sigh... Got paid out by insurance and picked up my new car last week. Same as I had before, but still enjoying it! I still feel nervous about driving but it is what it is...

Strange thing happened last weekend. My guy and I were shopping in a store near our home on Saturday and
    I look up for a moment by the registers and who do I see? It was the guy who hit me in the car accident standing by me! He works at that store! Doh. :o

The week has flown by and I am looking forward to the weekend. Woo hoo! Have some plans with family on Saturday and looking forward to that. Otherwise peace and quiet.

Have a great day all. :) See you soon!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Hi all! Been keeping busy around here..... trying to get some cleaning done. When the sun is shining low in the sky it sure shows the layers of dust!!! Seen a few movies lately too with the hubs.. last night was Bohemian Rhapsody, I loved it! The hubs thought it was just ok. But still a date night so gotta like that ;)

Started my morning off with bacon today. Made eggs & bacon for the son as he has a midterm this morning! Omg forgot how good that stuff is!! I may try making crispy chick peas today too as a healthy snack for the diabetic kid! There’s several ideas of flavorings which sound very interesting. Anyone tried making these?

11F is equal to -11C !!! Now that’s COLD! A couple hours east of me, more in the interior, it’s going as low as -21C overnight (-5F!!!). We are forecasted to receive snow next week and it’s trying now... but this type of weather just makes me want to make soup & bake!!! Argh!

Enjoy your snow day off Kate! You’re the engergizer bunny with all you do!! And Meg, that’s so weird seeing the guy that caused your accident. I’m wondering if he saw & recognized you? Weird how you cross paths with people!

Well I’m covered in a blanket with my dog too, so I better get up and get a move on! Happy Friday people. Oh, and who’s fasting lately?? Are we still doing that? I’m just having a hard time following through to the end of the day. After dinner is a killer for me and I’m just getting lazier & lazier!! We should start a challenge or something...? Motivation is seriously lacking here on my end of this group!! Aaaahhhh

Whew! Sorry so long! But I did skip a couple of days ;-)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 Glad things are calming down for you and your back is feeling better. It really is a small world! I have had a couple of car accidents and it really does make you nervous to drive for a while. There is one intersection that I have to go through all the time and was rear-ended once. I am still very cautious there. I hope you have a nice weekend!

@mamainthekitchen I am NOT an energizer bunny! I am a cranky old lady that is running purely on caffeine, chocolate, and crazy... mostly crazy! Fasting? What is that?! LOL I get a fast day in here and there, mostly when I forget my lunch or don't have time for breakfast. I really need to start that on a regular basis again. We should start some sort of challenge. I double dog dare ya! LOL

To anyone lurking: Hello!!! Have a great weekend! Happy fasting!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Could someone please tell me who had the brilliant idea for me to go back to school to get a teaching degree? :/
    On the bright side, I had a really low day yesterday, not a fast, but still. And it has motivated me to do well so far today.
    I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Ahh Kate, you’re almost done!! I remember when you just started back to school! You must have a homework project you don’t feel like doing...ha ha, cause my daughter is in the same state...”why am I doing this”???? She has 35 more months! Yes, she’s counting months!!

It’s a snow day here today! And we’ve got lots of it. Tomorrow morning I’ll need to be up early to check the online traffic as both kids have school ... it’s pretty but dangerous!

I’ve had the opposite of your low day Kate... quite the opposite! Which included a bottle of red wine... tastes extra food on a cold snowy night! Oh well.

Meghan I hope you’ve had a great time with your fam & the rest of the weekend was great.

Tomorrow starts a new week!! Now it’s time to watch the oscars!!!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    ^^ okay typo... “tastes extra Good.....” ^^^^

AND..... had the blankey on ready for the Oscars.... what???? It’s the Grammys?? All day I looked forward to the Oscars!!! :s