Impulsive eating

I ate one small cheese pizza for dinner. I cannot stop eating impulsively.

Replies

• Je55ica_79
    Je55ica_79 Posts: 276 Member
    My suggestion is try to figure out why.

Is it emotional?
    Is it when you're doing something else that triggers it like drinking?
    Do you only do it with certain foods?
    Are you eating too few calories most of the time and then just lose it and cave into over eating?

• jjeong3151
    jjeong3151 Posts: 2 Member
    Part of it is stress and part of it is eating very little and then eating impulsively because I get so hungry I just signed on to this tracking app so hopefully this will help me better manage it thank you
  • rhino665490
    rhino665490 Posts: 8 Member
    Yep— that’s the Catch 22 of “dieting”. You think you’re doing great and depriving yourself of certain foods to reduce your caloric intake, then something triggers you to eat what you want and it makes you feel powerless and out of control. I’ve been there PLENTY of times.
    My advice to you is to increase protein, drink plenty of water, and make sure you’re eating at set times every day, usually not more than 3 hrs between meals.
    Are you counting calories or macros? Maybe you need to play around and adjust them a bit.
    Feel free to add me as a friend too— my food diary is viewable so it might give you some ideas.
    Hugs to you, friend!!
  • vetklep88
    vetklep88 Posts: 7 Member
    Plan your meals for the following week and buy groceries accordingly. If you don’t have it, you can’t eat it.
  • smolmaus
    smolmaus Posts: 442 Member
    jjeong3151 wrote: »
    Part of it is stress and part of it is eating very little and then eating impulsively because I get so hungry I just signed on to this tracking app so hopefully this will help me better manage it thank you

If you use this app as designed then you shouldn't end up so hungry you feel like you have to eat whatever is at hand. Use it to sort out a reasonable diet plan where you are not eating as little as possible until you snap. Choose a sensible rate of loss (say a deficit of approx 20% of your maintenance calories, not 2lb/week unless you have 100lb+ to lose), eat the number of calories MFP gives you and pre-log your daily intake so you know when your next meal is coming. That definitely takes the stress out of things for me, all you need to do it hit your numbers in whatever way suits you.