Are you satisfied with two pieces of pizza?

Replies

• dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    What I've been doing is having 2 (reasonable) slices of pizza and cutting it up in bite size pieces. I also have a salad with italian dressing and mix the pizza pieces into the salad. Much more filling then I'm done.
  • sydlovesscience
    sydlovesscience Posts: 7 Member
    try logging your whole day if you know you will be having pizza so you can add in how many slices you would like and plan according to that
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    This thread is making me want pizza.

Your avatar seems rather apropo :wink:
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    FatHead pizza - yes.
  • GetFitNowKrystal
    GetFitNowKrystal Posts: 71 Member
    I usually have a salad on the side when I have pizza
  • ruthlezz0209
    ruthlezz0209 Posts: 2 Member
    Look up flexible dieting lifestyle on youtube and Instagram. He has some great recipes that are low calorie and delicious. You wont regret it.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Meh. 3 is perfect for me.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    aokoye wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    This thread is making me want pizza.

Your avatar seems rather apropo :wink:

2 of my favorite things :smiley:
  • garystrickland357
    garystrickland357 Posts: 598 Member
    I might skip breakfast and have three slices.
  • admaarie
    admaarie Posts: 4,297 Member
    Yes and no. It depends on the toppings for me, what I ate before that or if I know I’m gonna have more food after that. Also depends on the other food surrounding that. I’ll have a side salad or maybe a chicken wing or two to help with the plate/meal not looking so bland.
  • smolmaus
    smolmaus Posts: 442 Member
    I only get to have gluten free pizza which is a rare enough thing for me (frozen once every couple of months, restaurant maybe once a year) that I am always eating the whole thing. Even a smallish one is 60-80% of my daily kcal for maintenance depending on toppings but having 2 slices and leaving the rest... It just wouldn't happen.
  • stricklee11
    stricklee11 Posts: 218 Member
    I’m really struggling with portion sizes. I have a really hard time just eating two pieces of pizza, 5 tortilla chips, 1/2 cup of ice cream, etc.. Granted this is all “junk” food but I am not ready to eliminate foods I like completely so I’m trying to fit them into my calorie allowance. Sometimes I’ll have enough calories to double a serving but for things like pizza, if I ate 4 slices it would wipe out my day.

So far I’m doing pretty good and staying within my calories but it’s becoming physically and emotionally painful to not eat more. It’s not that I’m hungry, I just want it. And no, I don’t want to make healthier versions of these foods.

It'll get better with time. I am starting to feel full with much less when compared with before. Went to Texas Roadhouse yesterday and I had to eat the meal in 2 sitting which for me is great because I've already logged the calories for the day but still get to eat more of it later. Same thing with pizza. I spend the 700 calories on a half pizza and since I've logged it for the day, it's like a treat to have more later. For ice cream, I eat snickers ice cream bars as they are only 180 calories! Just hang in there and try to have someone with you to share junk foods with. I find it keeps me from eating the whole thing.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Thin crust, Two slices piled with veggies no meat, and go lightly on the cheese. Top with crushed red pepper flakes.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Yes two slices are enough for me but I will load my plate with salad as well and if the toppings are sparce on the pizza I will add more veg to that as well.
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Nope, not by any means. I'd rather just have 4 pieces every couple of months than 2 slices weekly.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,816 Member
    I personally cannot, which is why pizza is something that I've largely had to give up. I wish I could just do 2 slices, but it would make me less happy than eating no pizza. I've also realized that when I eat pizza at the levels I need to eat it to feel satiated, I usually don't feel very good afterwards. My body gets slow and lethargic.

On the other hand, as my "pleasure" food, I find that I handle cheeseburgers much better. I can make them fit within either a regular day or a reach day (eating above my goal but at or below maintenance), and they don't make my body feel the way pizza does. I still limit the amount I have (I could eat them twice daily if I let myself), but I can be fully satisfied within the meal.
  • Johnd2000
    Johnd2000 Posts: 198 Member
    I prefer very thin crust pizzas, so no. I’m looking for at least 800+ calories from my main meal, so a couple of slices wouldn’t be anywhere near enough.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    1 slice w salad is what i try to stick to.