Workout Routines

Share your routines! What does everyone do to make your workouts less boring

Replies

• JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    If you find something you really enjoy, it won't be boring...

Experiment and try different things, whether it be lifting weights, CrossFit, running (I think I'd rather be shot in the face), swimming, cycling, Zumba, pilates, yoga, whatever. It's not supposed to make you miserable!

Me, personally - I usually lift weights 5x per week and throw a little bit of cardio in after lifting a few of those days. Then once or twice a week (on my days off from lifting), I do some conditioning/GPP work
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    I do what makes me happy.

A good workout shouldn't be flat-out boring. There may be boring parts (AKA: Why I listen to podcasts if I'm on a treadmill, and why I'm glad my running trail has a lot of hills, and pretty visuals), but not enough that i need to start adding stuff into it to make it "less" boring.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    While on the treadmill I watch really interesting shows and time flies by. For strength training I use Fitnessblender and do a variety of work outs while listening to upbeat music.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I lift a couple days per week with a full body program and spend a lot of time cycling on my road bike. I do a little hiking, rock climbing, and swimming as well.

Find a physical activity you enjoy and do that. If you're bored, you're doing it wrong and you're never going to stick with it.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    I run 3 days a week.
    Elliptical and strength training twice a week.
    Occasionally I do yoga on a rest day.

I signed up to do a half-marathon in September. Having a specific fitness goal to work toward helps keep me invested in my workouts. I also like having a plan to follow, I feel like it makes my workouts feel more purposeful.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    edited February 2019
    I do things I enjoy. Which means I run a lot. I also bike, bike and do anything else I can to be outside.

Being cooped up in a gym is miserable for me.

I do lift weights (when I have to) and do some yoga but I really much prefer to be outside doing things - mostly running.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Currently:

Kettlebell complex work - 1 to 2 days a week
    Pull-ups and bar dips - once a week
    Burpees - once a week unless I wimp out and it does happen
    Running - 1 to 2 days a week
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    Another vote for "find the fun". I'm such a weak character, with an extreme hedonic bent, that I wouldn't do it if it wasn't so fun that I'd do it even if it weren't good for me.

I think of myself as an on-water rower, and usually row 4 days a week in season. I also do spin classes two days a week all year long as cross-training (I find the intensity and the group environment fun). In Winter, my volume is for sure lower, but I do some machine rowing so I don't have to start fitness over at square one when we go out on the water in Spring, and to work on technique.

In the good weather I also do some cycling and other active stuff just for fun. I stretch or do some physical therapy exercises most days; that feels good.

I strength train when I can talk myself into it (don't love it, but it's The RIght Thing To Do), try to swim occasionally (hate it, but a rower's gotta swim).
  • Goober1142
    Goober1142 Posts: 219 Member
    Play poker on my iPad while on the treadmill. Listen to Hamilton soundtrack and lift heavy things. Really loud lol plus I make a Moka pot and drink it while I work out. Best part of my day.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    I keep the cardio short and varied, and work a particular strength program that I enjoy.
  • I find a show on YouTube that I really like and watch it while I am on the treadmill and elliptical. I also have my ipod on while lifting weights.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Simple. I don't do anything I find boring =)

There are just way to many fun activities I can do to get fit that I just flat out refuse to do something I don't enjoy.
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Workout with a friend! This is very motivating for me, it’s fun to have someone to chat with and cheer you on. When I’m alone, I usually listen to an audiobook.