Coffee ideas

Replies

• ScullyPA
    ScullyPA Posts: 2 Member
    Buy flavored coffee beans. This is how I weaned myself from using creamer.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited February 2019
    My standard coffee is chocolate-coffee. I make a regular cup with milk, and then add 1 tsp of cacao powder, and 2 tsps of Nesquik. I use three packets of sweeteners too but that's just me (gf likes it with two).

Love it. This is the best combo I've ever come up with, and have been making multiple cups of it all day (decaf) for a few years now.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    My standard coffee is chocolate-coffee. I make a regular cup with milk, and then add 1 tsp of cacao powder, and 2 tsps of Nesquik. I use three packets of sweeteners too but that's just me (gf likes it with two).

Love it. This is the best combo I've ever come up with, and have been making multiple cups of it all day (decaf) for a few years now.

Nesquik or Ovaltine in coffee is awesome, and very few calories for the amount you need to get a hint of chocolate that for me at least made sweetener unnecessary over time. :drinker:
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »

Nesquik or Ovaltine in coffee is awesome, and very few calories for the amount you need to get a hint of chocolate that for me at least made sweetener unnecessary over time. :drinker:

I don't like sweet coffee, but sometimes I'll put some coarse ground cacao nibs (I use a brand called Crio Bru) in with my coffee grounds. They're coarse enough to use in french press or cold brew.
  • emmab6104
    emmab6104 Posts: 3 Member
    I use liquid sacarina. (Saccharine) I get it from Mercadona in Spain. Best sugar sub there is for flavour!
  • jesseme
    jesseme Posts: 51 Member
    Lots new of ways to try! Thanks everyone!
  • Krisandthemum
    Krisandthemum Posts: 13 Member
    I make bulletproof coffee by adding a 1/2 tsp peanut butter and a splash of coconut oil. I weaned myself off the sugar but do add hazelnut powdered creamer(IK the creamer isn’t very healthy) tastes really yummy and adds healthy fats. These calories hold me over until lunch.
  • farhansajjad320
    farhansajjad320 Posts: 1 Member
    Good Italian Coffee, almond milk and stevia.
  • ninasandlin10
    ninasandlin10 Posts: 2 Member
    There is a healthy creamer called nutpods there is no sugar in it and no artificial sweeteners either it's naturally sweet and it's whole 30 approved it taste just like coffee creamer but it's not overly super sweet but it's sweet enough naturally to me but if you want it sweeter you can put stevia in it I hope this helps
  • OCDOD
    OCDOD Posts: 21 Member
    I recently tried a creamer called Laird’s Superfood Creamer. It’s coconut milk dehydrated. Very little sweetness but it grows on you.
  • Jnhfrady
    Jnhfrady Posts: 5 Member
    edited February 2019
    I use a 1/4 cup fat free organic milk, with 1-2 Tbsp of the Torani Sugar Free coffee syrups. It tastes great and is only 44 calories for a 16 ounce coffee.
    On the weekends, I splurge and use a 1/2 cup of milk.
  • jleu4444
    jleu4444 Posts: 1 Member
    I used honey and gradually weaned myself off. I had been using Splenda and it was causing issues health wise. i switched back to sugar then changed to honey then reduced and then eliminated in course of couple weeks. I also went from half and half to whole to 2% and now down to 1% milk. Skin doesn't do it for me but 1% much better than the cream in coffee. I also bought a frother for milk because it made coffee creamier to me than just the cold milk.
  • elliot29collins
    elliot29collins Posts: 29 Member
    I have a Stevia plant and the aftertaste is definitely a funky one.

if you want your coffee to taste a little bit better but don't wanna add any badness into it like sugars, then why not try a bit of vanilla essence you can always throw in a bit of orange peel makes my coffee taste like Terry's chocolate orange, and as for the Stevia did you try drying out and blending it up into a green powder or did you throw a whole leaf in as the flavour differs in these methods.
  • bzitske
    bzitske Posts: 115 Member
    I could read people talk about their coffee All. Day. <3

I usually just drink mine black. But if I'm going to add something it's 2T half and half. 40 calories and worth it.
  • mompickron
    mompickron Posts: 1 Member
    I add 1/3 of 11 oz container of PREMIER PROTEIN (high protein shake -vanilla) to my morning coffee. Great way to add protein and a host of vitamins and minerals.

My daughter, who needs more caffeine some days, goes thru drive thru at Dunkin gets a shot of expresso over ice and then pours whole container in the cup.
  • MrsBerke
    MrsBerke Posts: 1 Member
    dechowj wrote: »
    I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but a friend of mine uses caramel premier protein shakes as her creamer to make iced coffee.

^^ This! I followed WW for about a year or two and would often put Premier Protein in my coffee as the creamer. My favorite was the caramel, but you could use vanilla or chocolate, depending on your preference. I found that using the protein shakes meant I didn't need to add sweetener to my coffee. You can also have Starbucks put a shot of espresso in a large (venti) cup with ice and then pour the protein shake over it.
  • Opalescent_Topaz
    Opalescent_Topaz Posts: 130 Member
    I don't typically put anything in my coffee, but every once in a while I get a little bit wild and throw 1/8 of a cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and a shake of cinnamon in there.
  • cmeranda79
    cmeranda79 Posts: 15 Member
    Try a pour over with light to medium roast beans. That'll have a natural sweetness (and more caffeine) and you can drink it over a day since there's no milk to keep from going bad. Sometimes I leave my 2nd cup out overnight and drink it in the morning; I'm super addicted to coffee and I drink about 16 ounces a day this way.

The pour over technique is easy and cheap, and Blue Bottle's pour over tutorials are quite good. I like to use mineral water and beans roasted within 2 weeks to enhance the taste. I have a huge sugar addiction and used to drink coffee with cream and sugar but for the last 10 years or so I've vastly preferred coffee prepared this way. My partner calls it "coffee-flavored water" but I'm a caffeine junkie so I find it heavenly :)
  • beachy14
    beachy14 Posts: 4 Member
    I use fat-free milk and a little Lakanto Monkfruit sugar substitute. It's a zero net carbs, zero calorie, zero glycemic sweetener that can be used just like granulated sugar. It also comes in a syrup and brown sugar versions. I order it off Amazon.