JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member
    Nlmackey98- how old are your children? I remember those teen years when it seemed everyone was going in s different direction. I finally put my foot down and made them take one Sunday a month for a family dinner. It made them have to speak up and not commit to something.

Kiddos are 13 & 16. The one drives and often carts her sister about. The older only has one comittment, but it's 4:00-6:00 M-F & 10:00-12:00 Saturday. The younger is into theater and takes tennis once a week. Very manageable most weeks, but hubby is working late, the dogs have a vet appointment and my daughter's car is in the shop. It will be fine. Tennis was canceled today so everyone should be home by 6:30ish. Family dinner night is the plan. Not sure what I'll cook... We almost always do a family lunch Sunday after church and get a few meals together during the week. It's one of my favorite things that we do.

I hope your "adulting" starts running a little smoother.

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Oh @snowflake1968 what stressful times! Glad the furnace is working again and hoping the dream was prophetic!

@Bex953172 - how annoying re disability! And also that Ash is putting it all on you. Hugs love, hope you can successfully appeal.

@clicketykeys - nice library! I have slacked on reading for pleasure in the last year or so but I need to get back into it as I love the feeling of a ‘real’ book rather than an electronic device.

No TA again today - am exhausted and seriously stressed about how bad our class assembly will be on Wednesday. Didn’t even get a break as had a speech and language therapist in to meet me about a child and was also observed by a student teacher. Have come home to make the kids dinner and haven’t even taken my coat off yet! Need a break 😔
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    @snowflake1968. Glad to hear you have heat and phones. Finger crossed that they call you for interview and that you get the job you are dreaming about.

@Bex953172 Sorry to hear of your ongoing struggles. I worked with someone who dismissed a lot of personal challenges with the phrase "sh1t happens". It sounds as if you know that experience rather too well. Sending you hugs.

@maryrobinson40 that's a very early start! If I got up at that time I'd struggle with the rest of the day.

@Faebert I hope the week gets easier for you, try not to stress about the assembly. I suspect you have very high standards that are not shared by everyone else! I know the value of high expectations but don't let them take over!

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Yup, we definitely have a lot of books. I went to the American Library Association's national convention back in 2009 and 2011, and I got lots and LOTS of "free" books (included with the cost of registration). I focused on getting mostly young adult titles and some middle grade titles, since I teach high school. I use these for a classroom library.
  • roundbutsound
    roundbutsound Posts: 18 Member
    Yay, I managed today's small goals 8340 steps done and 15 mins of bodyweight exercises - squats, lunges, plank, wall sit, hip lifts and another one I don't know the name of but it's a type of crunch that doesn't hurt my neck :/ I'll add more goals as I get into this. Thinking about tomorrow now :)
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Monday 11 February

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January water challenge :) This is still a challenge, I get distracted and forget to drink!
    February night time challenge :)

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    Our library:
    rfedcafj1jxu.jpeg
    9xb6cog3yhsa.jpeg
    u8tun6cu27pj.jpeg
    tb9hhsgfxjxm.jpeg
    tzg4g14y4izb.jpeg
    fkiu26kou4qz.jpeg

Oh MY GOSH! I would be in HEAVEN! I have always wanted a Library with shelves upon shelves of books! But I do admit that the thought of decluttering that many books is a little daunting! LOL!!!! :lol:
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    Yay, I managed today's small goals 8340 steps done and 15 mins of bodyweight exercises - squats, lunges, plank, wall sit, hip lifts and another one I don't know the name of but it's a type of crunch that doesn't hurt my neck :/ I'll add more goals as I get into this. Thinking about tomorrow now :)

Yay thats awesome!
    I usually do all those too, well, sometimes in the kitchen when im cooking LOL. Better than watching it cook!
    I also do tricep dips too.

Im not very good at lunges though, i always wobble!
  • roundbutsound
    roundbutsound Posts: 18 Member
    Bex953172 thanks, I forgot about tricep dips I'll add them next time. I wobble when I do most exercises, unless I'm sitting or lying down as I have a medical condition that seriously affects my balance. Just got to keep trying and do my best :)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    BEX QUIZ. (For everyone)

I had the choice of pizza or exercise tonight, im curious, which do you think i went for?
  • PackerFanInGB
    Just for Sunday | 2/10/2019
    1. Journal every bite :)
    2. Three 25 oz bottles of water :(
    3. Be mindful of choices - 90 g protein, <29g added sugars ;) Ooops. Forgot to even pay attention!
    4. Shopping for make-up :) , clothes that fit and that I feel like I look nice in :) , healthy snacks :( & a new gratitude journal :)!
    5. Get through as many items on my Weekend To-Do list as I can. :)
    6. Start donate / sell / toss boxes :)
    7. Redirect my thoughts when I start focusing on the issues causing me anxiety lately. I cannot control what others do. I can only control how I react. Pray and turn it over. :)
    8. Joyce Meyer podcast and others that I like to listen to. :)
    9. Prep for tomorrow, tonight :)
    10. Unplug one hour before bed :) | gratitude journal :) | inspirational reading :) | Calm app :) | read for pleasure :)

Late getting on here again today. I hopped on earlier and got caught up reading, but then had meetings all day. We supposedly have 5" of snow falling tonight and 6-12" more falling throughout the day tomorrow. I'm really praying that it stops before Thursday so our flight to AZ isn't cancelled! I will be so upset if something messes up our trip...

Yesterday, my hubby drove me around to the stores so I could clothes shop. He must've wanted to get out of the house so he pretended I needed someone to drive me through the snow! LOL! He's such a sweetie pie! Love him! Anyway, I bought a pair of jeans that are comfortable, two pairs of capri jeans and two pairs of shorts. The things I bought in pairs, I bought a size larger than I've been wearing since the size I've been wearing have been feeling tight and uncomfortable. I also bought a shirt I liked. It's nothing fancy. It's actually a plaid flannel shirt but I've always been a flannel shirt type of girl. Never been a real dressy person. :smile:

@cschmitz110515 I am so proud of you and impressed that you ran the Seroogy's! OMG! It was sooo freaking cold out, I never left the house! Of course, I'm a wuss, but still...GO YOU!

Just for Monday
    1. Journal every bite
    2. Three 25 oz bottles of water
    3. Be mindful of choices - 90 g protein, <29 g added sugars
    4. Read next chapter of Beck's Diet Solution - rewrite/update ARC's
    5. Put donate clothes in my trunk for Goodwill / Pack away keepers that are seasonal
    6. Redirect my thoughts when I start focusing on the issues causing me anxiety lately. I cannot control what others do. I can only control how I react. Pray and turn it over.
    7. Today's Joyce Meyer podcast and Half Size Me podcast.
    8. Prep for tomorrow, tonight
    9. Unplug one hour before bed | gratitude journal | inspirational reading | Calm app :) | read for pleasure
    Also on this weekend's list:
    • Listen to this week's Half Size Me podcast
    • Go through clothing in spare room and either keep/donate/toss
    • Visit Planet Fitness and get membership squared away
    • Tanning? Mani/Pedi?
    • Shop for 3 outfits that fit and that are my style so I have something comfortable to wear that I feel good in also.
    • Shop for outfits or sundresses to wear while at dad's that I will feel comfortable in
    • Finish attaching binding to quilt
    • Make a list of what to pack & get luggage ready
    • Financials - bills/ budget / spending money for trip
    • Update digital accounts
    • Prep serving-sized snacks to grab easily for lunches, etc.

Word for 2019: tenacity/tenacious - I am tenacious in my pursuit of a healthy body, mind and spirit.

• PackerFanInGB
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    BEX QUIZ. (For everyone)

I had the choice of pizza or exercise tonight, im curious, which do you think i went for?

Pizza? Only guessing that because that's what I would've done! LOL!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    BEX QUIZ. (For everyone)

Not pizza ...... as much as you are exercising ... I'm going to guess exercise!!! (Or maybe both LOL!)
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    I did not heed this today at all. But the day is not over. I am turning the corner and embracing this the rest of the day. Peace and joy
    pw0vkx1zauag.png
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Cschmitz110515 - I admire your perseverance for doing a winter 5K

Faebert - I really hope you have a TA this week. I remember when I was a TA having to help with two classes if another one was out. The teachers all felt stressed those days.

13ecca4 - my MIL always has food out like that too. She’ll even throw more on your plate at a meal if she thinks she’s going to have leftovers. I wouldn’t dream of doing that.

Bookmeister86- any loss is better than a gain!

Maryrobinson40- 330 am???? Why? My husband sleeps poorly and does this too. I feel for you.

Roundbutsound - love you screen name! Keep coming back I credit this group for helping me lose 25lbs so far.

Nlmackey98- how old are your children? I remember those teen years when it seemed everyone was going in s different direction. I finally put my foot down and made them take one Sunday a month for a family dinner. It made them have to speak up and not commit to something.

Aubyshortcake - is strong curves a You Tube series?

Bex953172 - oh Bex that is a lot of pressure to put on you, is it at Tribunal that you can discuss his outbursts and reactions? If you go to work who would watch the girls? I assume he couldn’t for long hours at a time. I’m so sorry you are in this situation, I wish Mental Health was more understood and acknowledged.

Clicketykeys- you need a big old house with 10 foot ceilings filled with shelves from floor to ceiling.

Update - hubby got furnace going once more. We think it’s a switch that will cost around 40 to replace and he thinks he can do it himself. We just need to order it tomorrow on Amazon. Hopefully he can keep it going until the part arrives. For a repairman to even come look it is 90.00!

Why did I ever think being a grown up would be fun!
    Yes... Insomnia Sucks!!! And pills don't always work.
    It's really bad for me since different stressors came the past three months.
    I will be fine. Only now, black outs happen unexpectedly, it's like
    I'm sitting up and without dozing, I fall asleep, but it doesn't last.
    LMBO... I just had a thought. Maybe not having a man isn't so bad.
    I would have to explain why I'm snoring during intimacy😂😂
    Poor fella might take it personally. Haaaaa!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    @roundbutsound ... WELCOME🌹🎈
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,341 Member
    @AJB1014 you look beautiful!!