Completely messed up this weekend

So I cheated instead of my one cheat day I had more than one. How do you guys bounce back and how do you prevent this in the future?

Replies

• Fatty_Nuff
    Fatty_Nuff Posts: 273 Member
    Don't do cheat days.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    i don't have cheat days. but on days i over eat, sometimes it fits in to my weekly cals, sometimes it doesn't, so either way, i just log it and move on.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Move on. I didn't cheat this weekend, but I definitely ate more than I have been accustomed to, without the exercise that can sometimes help me balance out those bad says. Log it, learn from it, and do better in the future, honestly. There's no use in trying to erase a bad day, but you can make better choices from that point forward.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    log it and move on
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    First.. I don't call it a cheat.. but that's okay If you do. I lost all my weight eating one or two meals off a week, and I took three two-week vacations, and about 3 or 4 weekend trips a way where I ate off my plan and still lost all my weight .,.40 pounds last year.

For me, it worked just fine.. and it kept me sane and on track.

Just jump back on your plan.. what I find is taking one meal off is different from eating all day long off plan all weekend.
  • Mrsbunnyleon
    Mrsbunnyleon Posts: 31 Member
    p24erotjghwo.jpg
  • Mrsbunnyleon
    Mrsbunnyleon Posts: 31 Member
    I did the same 2 weeks ago. And I did gain weight back. But I lost it as of day. With lots of cardio. You can do it. Remember you goals.
  • mhosner
    mhosner Posts: 264 Member
    Monday is my weigh in day because I feel like it's my honest heaviest weight all week. I am horrible on weekends. The past 3 weeks have been great all week and blow it all on weekend. Challenge is real.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Eh. I binged this weekend. I’m not proud of my choices but I’m not going to beat myself up either. Today, I just got back on track. No punishing myself with extra workouts or over restricting, just getting back to my regular routine.
  • mutantmoose
    mutantmoose Posts: 7 Member
    I did the same. I realized that the first step is to forgive myself, no point in feeling so bad about it that I end up eating my sadness and making the whole thing worse. You can do the same - so this weekend wasn't good, but you are doing things right the rest of the time. You can do this, and you will do well, and you will mess up again sometime, and that's okay, just hang in there and keep the path.
    And thanks for posting. It was good to know that I'm not the only one.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I log whatever I eat / drink and prepare my usual meal plan for the next day. I am now getting better with planning my days, include special meals in my meal plan and generally stay within my daily allotted calories.
  • 2Dozen
    2Dozen Posts: 66 Member
    Keep pushing
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,463 Member
    Give up the cheat mentality. Embrace the process. Think in terms of finding a plan that does two things. First a good plan results in weight loss. Second a good plan is one you can live with long term.

The weight loss process is calculate your calorie number, plan a menu, try to hit your number, log the results in your food diary and problem solve or adjust as needed. A good plan is one you actually follow.

Plan each day and each week. Try to anticipate potential problems or special situations. Its fine to plan higher calorie days so long as you have a net calorie deficit for the week.

Most important- when you go over your number, and you will, log the results and try to do better next time. There are lots of ways to go over your number. Inadequate plans, loss of concentration, overwhelmed by family or or work, fatigue, misread or misunderstood menus even math mistakes.
    People make mistakes. You too. But if you keep working at the process it isn’t cheating. Weight loss is long term, it’s not possible to be mistake free. It’s how we learn. It’s why experience is the best teacher. Just keep trying.

The process is more important than the numbers. Good luck.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    imxnianne wrote: »
    Workout harder the next day. I have to hold accountable for my actions :(
    That doesn’t sound very productive. Why punish yourself? Could set up more binge/restrict cycles.