Hi everyone. 35 year old single mom.

Ive been up and down my whole life. More thick than fat, but I'm bigger now than ever and I'm having trouble losing it. I'm lonely and depressed and I don't have a great support system. But I booked a cruise this November to hopefully motivate me.

Replies

• brtgl
    brtgl Posts: 129 Member
    This is a great first step. Find a program and stick with it... and don't quit during those low times. We all get discouraged. Wishing you all the best...

What cruise line, by the way?
  • PeggyJeanGrey
    PeggyJeanGrey Posts: 5 Member
    Carnival Dream. Ive never seen the ocean. I'm excited and nervous.
  • brtgl
    brtgl Posts: 129 Member
    You’ll love it. Nothing to fear at all...
  • mbmacintyre
    mbmacintyre Posts: 2 Member
    Once you get started and see the weigh start coming off you will get motivated to lose. I try to be honest log everything I eat and work to stay below my goal of calories. Good luck I been battling weight most of my life as well!
  • PeggyJeanGrey
    I've been eating 1200 or less per day for 2 years but I'm not seeing much come off unless I eat less than 1000. I'm only 5ft 2in. I'm wondering if I should go to a Dr to see if anything is wrong.
  • karlpm
    karlpm Posts: 78 Member
    Doubt anything is wrong, do you do much training?

Make sure you measure your food with a scale to ensure you log correctly.

• PeggyJeanGrey
    I do 3 hours of cardio per week but I have a bad Achilles tendon so I have to be careful. I do some yoga for back pain as well.
  • Xlivnfree1982
    Xlivnfree1982 Posts: 237 Member
    Don't drop below 1200 a day. Also cardio is good, bit you can't just do cardio workouts. Add in resistance training, free weights, strength training. I see your height, but no weight, so hard to say where you are at. Also your food has a lot to do with it. I have a open dairy, log daily, self motivated, and workout daily (Minus rest day). You can add me if you want! Good luck!
  • @PeggyJeanGrey
    Hey! My name is Makinsey...
    I'm a mother of 3- ages 6, 3 and 9 months. I have lost 25 pounds since I had my baby. I'm looking to lose another 15 and tone.
    Where is your cruise at? ...The ocean is beautiful! I have a trip to Hawaii in June so I seriously can't wait to visit family again. (More motivation to lose some weight too!)
    That's awesome that you are taking the steps to start your journey. I'll send you a friend request (=