Serial Starters

Replies

• marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    I have one from a costume test. I'm going to reveal myself to be an even bigger nerd but, we are doing a lord of the rings group and we have all the hobbits. I'm going as Pippin and I have the photo of everything on but I'll have to wait until I'm outside this dead zone that masquerades as a place of business to upload it.

I'm not sure if there are any horror or video game fans here but I'm also wearing the movie version of Heather from Silent Hill so I'll be warm and comfy in D.C.

My roommate is going to the same convention and she was working for months on a very complicated costume, so she just finished last night and I finally have a living room again. Hallelujah!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,321 Member
    oops before I waddle along to work - Miss T is under 10 pounds so treats can continue. I weigh her monthly at Vet to make sure - she is a chihuahua (think Les Nessman here ;) ) and when I got her she was 15 pounds so it has been a tough journey for both of us to keep her under 10 pounds.
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Good Morning all 👋

@suzu_2 I have an appointment scheduled. But still have to cross paths with the driver to confirm. It’s end of next week... so there’s time to hammer it out if changes need to be made.

@marsellilove I do not know much about any of those stories, but it is nice to read the banter about it. I went to undergrad at Beloit College and found many classmates to be active members of BSFFA (Beloit Science Fiction and Fantasy Association) which had a long reaching reputation. So I often heard a ton of talk and the live gaming (is that what it is called) was much on the level of seriousness of any Greek rush week... but happened much more often. They had a whole dorm for residents - whereas other campus groups had a house. So it was a huge part of the campus culture. Look forward to seeing photos!

Have a great day all! And whoever is hogging the sun geographically... please begin to share again! The vitamin D supplements just aren’t the same 😝

Runa 😸
  • stutba
    stutba Posts: 152 Member
    edited February 2019
    5tvsb88cu8xn.jpg
    Picture of my English setter, Jack. Snowy winter land in Wisconsin. We got our walk in this AM.
    He is super active and does not like cold weather. We both are dreaming of sunshine and grass B).

To the Geeks here, I've never been to a costume sci fi event, but sounds fun. Always have fun dressing for Halloween parties. I do hope you will post picture of your costume.

Oh by the way, the chicken taco soup is amazing. Looking forward to another bowl.

Happy day to all.
    Birdie
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Birdie - beautiful dog! I am also from WI. and have a chocolate lab. So we are in the same boat (:
    Sara - under 10 pounds - lol. My baby weighed 73.1 - fatty (: not really they actually said she was in great shape!
    Marsellove - that sounds very fun! Finding what you love in life and enjoying - that is very important!
    Lurking...
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    @RunaMarti I think it's called LARPing. I have a friend in salt lake that got roped into the local group up there. She thinks it's super dorky and I'm like girl you run a dungeons and dragons game every week! Those who live in glass houses...

• hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    I think we all have a tiny bit of geek in us all! ;) D&D was my game in college. I took my friend to SuperCon and to a William Shatner movie screening/conversation event. (see a theme here? :D ) She was in geek-heaven! I have to say the SuperCon was much more fun than I had anticipated. The fact we got a meet-n-greet & photo with William Shatner and Henry Winkler made it unforgettable! Several friends attend Renaissance Fairs and, some day, I would like to tag along with them. A friend's son is VERY involved in a regional LARP group. I see photos of him in all his different costumes and now he even does leatherwork and creates costumes for other members.
  • hickchic67
    I think we all have a tiny bit of geek in us all! ;) D&D was my game in college. I took my friend to SuperCon and to a William Shatner movie screening/conversation event. (see a theme here? :D ) She was in geek-heaven! I have to say the SuperCon was much more fun than I had anticipated. The fact we got a meet-n-greet & photo with William Shatner and Henry Winkler made it unforgettable! Several friends attend Renaissance Fairs and, some day, I would like to tag along with them. A friend's son is VERY involved in a regional LARP group. I see photos of him in all his different costumes and now he even does leatherwork and creates costumes for other members.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    stutba wrote: »
    5tvsb88cu8xn.jpg
    Picture of my English setter, Jack. Snowy winter land in Wisconsin. We got our walk in this AM.
    He is super active and does not like cold weather. We both are dreaming of sunshine and grass B).

To the Geeks here, I've never been to a costume sci fi event, but sounds fun. Always have fun dressing for Halloween parties. I do hope you will post picture of your costume.

Oh by the way, the chicken taco soup is amazing. Looking forward to another bowl.

Happy day to all.
    Birdie

Jack is so cute! Thanks for the pic!
  • hickchic67
    edited February 2019
    I think we all have a tiny bit of geek in us all! ;) D&D was my game in college. I took my friend to SuperCon last year and to a William Shatner movie screening/conversation event this year. (see a theme here? :D ) She was in geek-heaven! I have to say the SuperCon was much more fun than I had anticipated. The fact we got a meet-n-greet & photo with William Shatner and Henry Winkler made it unforgettable! Several friends attend Renaissance Fairs and, some day, I would like to tag along with them. A friend's son is VERY involved in a regional LARP group. I see photos of him in all his different costumes and now he even does leatherwork and creates costumes for other members.
  • hickchic67
    I have no idea what is going on with MFP but I see that my one post has posted itself multiple times!!!

Today, I think technology is plotting against me! Have had issues with about everything today!!
  • stutba
    stutba Posts: 152 Member
    brennerjlb - what part of the state are you from? We are expecting 6 to 9 inches of snow tomorrow!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Kathy, I figured you just really liked your post!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited February 2019
    8089 total steps

Last walk tonight an adult black cat came running at my dog and I shooed it away and it tried again - I may need to get a "squirt gun" of sorts - but dog lunged at it and growled so the cat went away. I dont want to be bothered by this, but my "kitten" neighbor leaves food out for the cats. We shall see what we shall see.

Herb tea and then lights out.

Wishing all a good night.
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    @stuba - Jack is awesome! And look at that snow!! So pretty, but you can keep it up there thank you very much -Ha!
    @marsellilove - Ok, I am going to have to get a picture of my friend's wedding ring and post for you. He and his wife are both HUGE Lord of the Rings fans, and a friend hand made them rings with the Arwen/Aragorn "I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone" in "elvish". This guy is a craftsman and the rings are stunning.

BUSY day - Just made it in and I am going to hit the exercise bike tonight. Pouring down rain but at least it is warm.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Love the dog pictures. Marsel that is an awesome costume.

Cloudy today and rain through Sunday so I appreciated the last of the sun for awhile.

Lana time for you to check in and peep. Hope your trip went well.

Handed out heart shaped lollipops - gave one to each of the security guards who greet me in the morning. Someone gets the security guards doughnuts on Friday which I think is nice. Hard job and invisible to many.

Earworm to share 1970's Heatwave "Groove line" one of my favorite songs of that era - hard to stay seated - google and enjoy

So grab your friends, get the train comin' through
    Climb on board where you leave's up to you
    Leave you worries behind
    'Cause rain, shine, don't mind
    We're ridin' on the groove line tonight

Wave to all who follow.
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Morning all - Have a safe and awesome day. On the fly this morning and just checking in.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,823 Member

Good morning all~~

Things have been very busy with my in-laws in Quincy, Illinois. I must make time today to read back at all the new posts I have missed.

I am using The Venerable Old Scale here at the house.....

BBL

Lana

240 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Hey Lana - good job on the scale!

Waddling to work.