NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @trooworld I like that analogy about meditation. I love your glasses. I need new frames but can’t find any I really like. It’s hard for me to make decisions. Feb 11 is the big day.

@cbabie. Babystep your way to success. Your sister didn’t like your water app either. Annoying. Lol. But hey you did better than me on water so there’s that. 😂 I’m having two more bday celebrations so more cake.

@gemwolf110 Glad Bronco is okay. Same thing happened to my friends dog. They don’t know how it happened. How are you doing on your goals during all this stress?

@fancyladyJeri You go girl! You’re doing great. I love the checkmarks.

@its_cleo I’ve learned weight loss is up and down not linear. As long as the overall trend is headed in the right direction you’re good. I use an app called Happy Scale that shows me my trends. I just enter my weight daily. It also has red and green to show you if you are in the losing zone or the gaining zone. I’m so happy that my January has been a big green zone. Like a meadow. Compared to the big red zone I had in December like the pits of hell.

Stayed within food boundaries today. Got in 55 min of exercise. Journal done. Big sticker day

Tomorrow night is another bday party for me. My Saturday calorie goal is higher than my Friday so I’ll be switching those days for this week. I have to make sure I get in my exercise before I go. But I’ll be doing a lot of dancing so that will help.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,781 Member
    @cbabie Here's to new days and eating better. Yes, home cooked food is so much better! :)

@gemwolf110 Oh poor Bronco! But I'm glad he's doing better.

@fancyladyJeri go Jeri!

@its_cleo Thanks! Yes, we have a class at work twice a month and the meditation teacher says there are thousands of different ways to meditate. For a while, she was doing all sorts of wacky ways but people weren't liking those wacky ways, we just like the kind of normal ways lol, so she sticks with the guided meditations now. Congrats on the loss! I'm counting the hours until the work week is done, too, it's been a long week. :/

@theslightedgeforever Thanks, my coworker had gotten a pair of Ronit Furst (the manufacturer of my frames) and I loved how colorful they were so I looked on the site and found a pair that were suitable for my face shape. I hope you can find a pair of glasses you like. I know sometimes it's hard to decide. What are you going to do for your birthday? Oh I see...two more bday celebrations...what do they involve?

Hello all. Hanging on for the weekend here. Doing the best I can. Not been tracking. Again. I'll try to start again tomorrow. Or maybe tonight.

EMPOWERED.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,546 Member
    Morning all,
    My internet is not working, but I thought I would check in short and sweet..LOL. No comment sister.....

I ate garbage last night....a lot of family drama..but last night I asked my DGS if he wanted to be friends on here and he said yes..so he is keeping me accountable in spite of the drama...I am so happy we have a good relationship...me and his sister not so much..LOL

@trooworld I love. Love love those glasses...I also love you sign you post empowered...it will get. So in your mind that you will see new things!!!

@theslightedgeforever I bet you love the bday celebrations....more cake..LOL. Kidding..you have just always loved celebrations!! You are the social one. :). But great job on being in green meadow instead of the lake of fire.. :)

@its_cleo Congrats on the scale going down..I am sure it’s because you have made a commitment to track..that is where I lack..but trying today to make it a habit..

@fancyladyJeri great job on the steps...I LOVE the check marks...my kind of post!!

@gemwolf110 Sorry to hear about your dog...I think that’s another reason I really don’t want animals...even though we have them..I would have been a mess with the broken leg...I am just not a strong person when stuff like that happens. So Kudos to you for loving your pet and being strong to handle when he gets hurt!!! I hope everything else is going well!

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Quick check in here. I stayed within my calories. Just took 1/4 c servings of foods I wanted and half a piece of bday cake. I have my 40 day weigh in coming up soon. I’m still a bit behind for these 10 days. Exercised for 43 min. Water goal met. Big sticker day. It was potluck. We played Taboo and then I opened up all my gifts. No one but me was in a mood to dance. 🙄
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Good morning! :)

@theslightedgeforever, Happy Birthday to you!!! Yes, I opened the journal and at least read all the days I've missed. And even if I didn’t fill out all the questions and reflections it really is very good at getting me to think. I really liked Day 36 when it tells me to slow down when I’m eating. I’ve been trying too but I think today I will set a timer for 20 minutes and see if I can do it. That will help me to savor my food, which is what day 37 tells me to do. Nice dovetail the journal does there. 😉 I love the idea of making my own mini toasted marshmallows!! <3

@trooworld, LOVE your new glasses!! So much fun! You are right that it’s something we wear every day and I don’t plan to cheap out on them. I also need to change the lenses in my sunglasses but I love those frames so at least that might save me some money.

@gemworlf, glad to hear that Bronco is getting used to his cast. Husky’s are such cool dogs. Is he very vocal? I get such a kick out of watching videos of huskies talking back to their owners. :D

@its_cleo, it can be stressful to realize how much our weight can fluctuate. I weigh every day, and both track it on my Happy Scale app and write it down on a spreadsheet that I keep on my fridge. My husband is my accountability partner and he has a hard time understanding how my weight can jump around over several tenths during the week. But you are right to think of the overall net loss. I only really count what I do on Tuesdays because that is my official weigh in day. The rest of the days are just knowledge. :)

@cbabie. Sorry that you are having family drama. It can get so complicated can’t it? That is cool that your DGS will be your friend on here. Be good to yourself. <3

So, it's day 39 for me on my 100-day challenge and as of this morning, I'm down 1.5 for the last 9 days. Woot!! B) If I'm really careful today I might even see a little more for tomorrows day 40. I really think the no eating after dinner and watching my sodium is working! I just keep thinking that it's almost spring and I will be going to buy new clothes. Then in May, I'm going to see my family in Florida who haven't seen me in a year and I want them to be surprised. So, I gotta buckle down and make it happen!!

Y'all I am so excited for February 28th. My birthday is March 2nd and my hubby is taking me to see Gone With The Wind at the theater. I've never seen it on the big screen and believe it or not my husband has never seen the movie! Boggles my mind! :o They are releasing it around the country for two days for its 80th anniversary. Here is the link if you want to read about it and get your tickets. Who loves the movie as much as I do? <3

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/gone-with-the-wind-80th-anniversary/theaters
  • trooworld
    @cbabie So sorry about all the family drama. That can be stressful and we all know that stress = eating. Thanks, I just need to get the lenses put in them, I'm going to take them today to put the lenses in. Yes, I sign my posts EMPOWERED to remind myself that I am!

@gemwolf110 Good news. Thanks, I'm excited about them.

@theslightedgeforever I hope you danced by yourself at least!!! It sounds like you did really well.

@TeresaW1020 Thanks, yes, get yourself something you like! :D These, I'm going to get transition lenses put in. I know they don't work in the car, but at least they will work outside. I think you are right, your plan is working, congrats on the loss!!! I haven't seen the movie or read the book!!! I can't believe it. As much as I love old movies and Hollywood glamour, I haven't. I can't fathom that I haven't watched it. Maybe I need to go lol.

Hello all. It's supposed to rain today. I've got things to do so hopefully it doesn't rain all day. I have to pick up groceries and take my glasses to get the lenses put in. I'm also supposed to hang out with a friend. I hope you have a great day!

EMPOWERED.
  • TeresaW1020
    trooworld wrote: »
    I haven't seen the movie or read the book!!! I can't believe it. As much as I love old movies and Hollywood glamour, I haven't. I can't fathom that I haven't watched it. Maybe I need to go lol.

EMPOWERED.

You have to go!! Girl, if you love old movies there is none better than Gone With The Wind!! It has it all and there is no one like Scarlett O'Hara. Do yourself a huge favor and click that link, type in your zip code and get your ticket. Take a girlfriend or your hubby. It's 4 hours long so smuggle in some snacks and water too!! :D

• prisoner2food
    prisoner2food Posts: 81 Member
    Bump
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited February 2019
    @gemwolf110 and @prisoner2food waving hello to you

@TeresaW1020 I need to speed up my meals. I drive my family crazy with how slow I eat. It’s a myth that eating slowly will make you thinner. 😂. Yaaay on your 40 day weigh in. We’re almost half way there. The 100 days looked daunting when I first started but my stickers are growing and growing. I don’t know that I’ve seen GWTW all the way through. I do know the famous line though 😉. Can’t believe it’s been 80 years? That seems crazy.

@trooworld I think we all need to change this phrase in our minds. Stress=eating. It could be Stress=activity Stress=journaling stress=meditation. Stress=prayer What else can you think of? So how have you managed this week without your normal food prep and going to the hospital, etc.

I stayed within food boundaries. Walked for 50 min water goal met. Big sticker day.

I’m pleased with my progress this week as it was a very social heavy week with 4 events all wrapped around food.

Day 31-40 complete ✅ I lost 1.4 lbs onto the next 10 days.
    3 goals met=7 days
    2 goals met=2 days
    1 goal met= 1 day

I retired my snooze goal during this period and added water.

16946213.png
  • cbabie
    Morning all, I have internet for now...yea so checking in. I can't say as I stayed where I wanted yesterday, but no sugar, no sweets, just rice, veggies, banana, oatmeal, nuts...but I did have lots of PB. So it is one day at a time and one craving at a time. My DGS doesn't get it with carbs..he really is trying to follow ketos, I keep telling him carbs are not all bad..LOL But you know it's a bond we have always had is health and exercise. I am very grateful for these moments with him.

@trooworld Where do you go have lenses put in? Hope you had a good day with your friend.

@theslightedgeforever great job on the BD cake and sorry no one wanted to dance...Sorry I see my DH dancing and you laughing..LOL

@TeresaW1020 I have never seen that movie either...I hope you have so much fun. I can hear your excitement through your post..LOL great job on not eating after dinner and watching the sodium. I need to watch what I eat at night too...(another goal)

@prisoner2food morning!

@gemwolf110 I loved working out from home...some don't, but I always did

Okay gals gotta run..Sunday's are busy for me.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 You know, I think that is the reason I haven't seen it yet (4 hours long) lol. But maybe I will watch it at home. I can't see myself sitting in the theatre being annoyed at people texting on their phone for 4 hours. ;) But I promise, I WILL watch it!!!

@theslightedgeforever Stress=calling a friend. Stress=cleaning your tub. Stress=playing with your pug. lol I've managed to make food this week. I have not managed to track. But at least I haven't been eating at restaurants or takeout. I'm traveling for work starting Tuesday and will be eating in restaurants so we'll see how that goes. I'll make the best decisions I can. Happy belated birthday, I think I missed it.

@cbabie Yay for internet and no sugar and sweets! That's something to celebrate. I just have to take the frames to my normal optometrist, I had to order the frames at a specialty shop (my optometrist didn't carry the frames). It's going to take two weeks for them to come back with the lenses in. I told them to be very careful, they are handpainted! I didn't end up hanging out with my friend, it rained and she wanted to stay in. That was just as well, I had things to do.

Hi all. I'm glad to say I don't have any meal prep to do today as I will be leaving on Tuesday for a business trip. I do have a lot of other things to do today. We still haven't put away our Christmas Village and so we do that today. Plus, household chores. So that's what my Sunday looks like.

EMPOWERED.
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited February 2019
    @cbabie I always laugh at your DH. 😂 he would have danced with me. That’s good no sugar and no sweets.

@gemwolf110 now you’ve made me want to go watch Huskie videos.

@Trooworld. Those are some good answers about stress. Although that one about the tub was giving me stress just thinking about it. Lol. I don’t like cleaning tubs. If you can’t make good decisions in some restaurants then go for smaller portions. Cut your food in half and eat that. If your hotel has a fitness room take some time each day to use it. Even for 20 min. Thanks for bday wishes. It’s tomorrow I’ll hit the big 55. I was watching the Brady Bunch kids restore the original house and the lady kept saying the 50th Anniversary is coming up soon. I thought how can that be?

I stayed within my food boundaries. I exercised for 44 min. Water goal met. Journal done. Big sticker day
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever I don't like cleaning tubs either, it hurts my back to bend over and scrub. Thanks for the restaurant tips. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY!!! <3<3<3

Hello all. I still am not packed for my trip and I leave tomorrow. I have to work a full day today and a half-day tomorrow. I'm going to pack tonight, but I'm stressed. At least the laundry is WASHED. It is not put away though. :/

EMPOWERED.
  • cbabie
    Morning all, I BLEW it yesterday. We had a bake sale at church for Children's Camp and well I had not eaten and it was 12:30 and someone said here take some left over...a brownie was right there...I put it in my mouth before i EVEN THOUGHT!!! It just went down hill from there. I tell you I can't get away from all or nothing..LOL

So my DGS is still ketos....he believes in this. The good news is, he is an encouragement to me..he makes me cook cleaner..LOL He can only have certain foods, so I have had to get creative..

@theslightedgeforever Happy Birthday...if you turn the big 55 I must be 48..LOL Oh I did my math backwards...(kidding) I hope it's a great one for you...Tell DH he has to cook today. NOT Yes my DH would have danced with you and I would have be dying a thousand deaths.. :)

@trooworld Enjoy traveling...I always at least enjoyed the time alone in my hotel room...MY time, it didn't belong to anyone else. LOL Do the best you can and know that when you get back, you start right where you left off. Wow hand painted glasses...I would be too afraid that I would scratch or break them..I bet they make you feel empowered!!! :)
    Okay internet went down again...I will send this when it comes back up.. UGH

Cbabie
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    @cbabie sorry to hear about yesterday! Anyone would be tempted. I always have a big breakfast, I have learnred it helps me eat less overall. Or at least that's the theory. And I'm glad even if your DGS is doing something diffferent you can support him in it. The fitness industry is always coming up with shiny new things, and it can be hard to convince people not to try it all out.

@trooworld good luck with your trip and laundry. It is tough being away.

Happy birthday @theslightedgeforever I hope you have a great day!

@TeresaW1020 I haven't seen Gone with the wind either....I think I saw a clip once? 2 hours is pretty much my limit for a movie.

Well from a food perspective my weekend was not the best but not the worst, either. So I'll take that. My motivation is a bit down, but I will get it back. I'm getting a little tired of logging on MFP and WW. I have been very diligent on MFP bc that was my goal this month. I am only signed up on a discount price for WW until end of March. I'm not sure if I will continue past then or not.

In other news, waiting for spring! I am a baseball fanatic and spring training games start soon. I root for the Blue Jays, of course, but they usually break my heart by May and then I start watching the Dodgers. They're my second favourite team.

Take care all
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld I hate putting away clothes too. Lol. There’s not too many domestic chores I like. Enjoy your work trip

@cbabie so the habit to develop along with your no sugar habit is alter your thoughts. You are telling yourself that I blew it so it’s okay to eat like there’s no tomorrow. Your thoughts include I’m an all or nothing person since I have blown the nothing part by eating a brownie so now I can eat all. So what could you alter? I ate this brownie because I was hungry. Let me go track it now before I forget. (Tracks brownie) Now I have X number of calories left for the rest of the day. Thinks about what I’m having for supper tonight. Better yet is to input your planned meal into the tracker in the morning. Lots of people make a to do list and check it off. This is your to eat list for the day. If a brownie pops up and ends up in your mouth unexpectedly then before you eat you just go adjust the portion sizes of the other meals. 3/4 c to 1/2 c or whatever to make the numbers work. Will you be perfect at this from the beginning and everyday? No. It’s a habit to be learned over time but it does get better.
    Teach your DGS to cook. You know the old saying about teach a man to fish. Then he can have dinner waiting for you when you get home from a busy day. You will be doing him a great service when you are no longer around. I’m queen 👸 on my bday. No cooking or cleaning. We went out. Imagine how old you must be if your little sis is 55 😂

@its_cleo I had to double log for a while and got tired of it and so just ended up here. In my 100 day journal this week we had an assignment about motivation. It said motivation is a choice. Keep telling yourself that. Write it down where you can see it. Then we had to list the actions we do/did that kept us motivated. Then refer to the list when motivation starts slipping and do some of those actions. I love baseball too.

So I was queen for a day and that means I get a hall pass on my goals and duties. I love my bday. But from last year to today I have shown some progress. I did not go hog wild and eat with abandonment. I ate just a banana for breakfast. Then bumped my traditional birthday French toast breakfast to lunch. I went out to dinner and split an entree with DH and then split my bday dessert with him. It’s better to have 1/2 piece out somewhere than bake a cake at home where there are leftovers for days that I get into. I tracked everything. Usually no exercise when I’m queen but I walked the mall for 11 min while waiting for my son to arrive. Other than that I laid in bed and read. It’s good to be queen. A freebie big sticker was placed on Day 42 and onto Day 43 where I’ll be back to being just a lowly subject.
  • trooworld
    @cbabie Today is a new day and a day to start over. I believe you can do this, cbabie! I am looking forward to the very little time I'll have in my hotel room...I wish I didn't have to eat my meals with my coworkers, I would prefer to just grab dinner and take it to my room because I'll be tired and my officemate is a slow eater so it will make me get back to my room late. :( I will miss my husband, but it's good to be away from him from time to time. I'm pretty careful with my glasses, so I'm not worried about scratching them (plus, they have a coating over them). Have a good day!

@its_cleo Thank you. There is never enough time to get ready for a trip, is there? I am still not packed all the way and I have to go to work for 4 hours and then come home and leave. :/

@theslightedgeforever Yes!!! I wouldn't mind so much if most of the clothes were mine but most are my husband's, he dirties so many clothes so I feel like it's a lot of work with very little payoff for me. ;) It sounds like you had an awesome birthday, queen! :D

Hi all. I'll probably check in every day because as of right now, I'm planning on taking my laptop with me. I'll have plenty of time to check in, as I get up at 5 or 6am and my officemate won't be ready to go until 9am. :( Can you tell this trip is bittersweet for me?

Trish, where are you?

EMPOWERED.
  • TeresaW1020
    Hello everyone! I really can't believe how many of you haven't seen Gone With The Wind!! :o The movie is such a big part of my life because it was my favorite book at a young girl and then watching the movie many times over the years. I just assumed everyone knew and loved it. :D

@cbabie, I'm sorry you blew it at church. I did too yesterday. There were cookies left in my office and instead of moving them or trashing them, I started eating them. I had 5 Oreos before I got a grip and took them to the nursery. Soooo mad at myself, but I have no choice but to move forward and do better. You too. :)

@theslightedgeforever, Queen for the day is awesome and you made some really good choices and then got right back on your plan. You are an inspiration!! B)

@trooworld, I hope you have a great time and I'm glad you will be able to check in with us. Do you get a room to yourself or do you have to share it with your officemate?

@its_cleo, I hear you about it being a pain to double track. I always track something on WW because I like to collect those Wellness Win points. Yesterday, I had enough to get a free eyeshadow kit. :) Right now because I'm really tracking my sodium, I'm being more diligent on MFP. I will probably bounce back to WW once I figure things out because it's quicker. I just registered our church's softball league yesterday. We have won the last 4 years in a row. :)

Well, I gained the weight that I lost last week. I guess eating Oreos at work yesterday wasn't the smartest idea. :s:'( Then I came home and had a Premier Protein, which has more sodium than I should be having. So I was up this morning and I have only to myself to blame. I am pissed but I'm also resolved not to make that mistake this week. I am so close to getting my 50 lb charm. Seriously, why do I give in to temptation?? :#

I'm about to leave for my eye appointment and tomorrow will shop for my new glasses. I will be glad when it's all over. ;)
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld. You would hate eating with me. Lol. I’m slow but I’m enjoying my meal. They just wolf theirs down I dont even think they taste it. Of course I’m too busy talking between bites Then DH is always scrounging around other people’s plates. It especially bothers me when I’ve already measured out my food. I’d go sit in the lobby by myself after I finished eating or some nice nook and cranny. I have to have my alone time away from other people or I turn into wicked witch of the west. Enjoy as much as you can

@teresaw1020 you know weight fluctuates from day today. Just keep staying within those boundaries and you’ll be the proud recipient of that 50 lb charm in no time. Next time you eat the Oreos at work see where you can slice off some calories/points for dinner and evening snacks. Are you tracking as you go or waiting til the end of the day to track all your food. May you bring home the softball trophy 🏆 this year too.

I stayed within my food boundaries exercised for 64 minutes. Water goal met. Journal done. Big sticker day

• its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    @theslightedgeforever motivation is a choice, that is true. I'm struggling a lot but determined to keep tracking even if I'm over calories, so then I don't give up completely. I like alone time too- everyone needs some of that I think.

@trooworld so are you early to bed to get up so early? I hope your roommate doesn't keep you up at night at too. I can't say I get up early, but I definitely go to bed early. I tell people I'm like an old woman lol.

@TeresaW1020 I wish I could give you my wellness points lol. I don't really use them. I'll stick with it for 3 months at least. It definitely helped to get me on the right track. Hey that's great you play softball. I wish I could but I pretty much suck at sports.

Well I'm struggling a bit. Today I planned a good breakfast (egg burrito) and lunch (tuna on one piece of bread plus salad), but then had a cheese danish. The danish was 350 calories. So it could have been worse. But I've been hungry most of the day and this is what gets me bc I always reach a point where I'm tired of being hungry. My dinner was from the freezer and not filling. So I am starving lol. Trying to decide between ice cream and a peanut butter and banana sw. Both are high in calories but if I have the sandwich it might be filling enough that I stop there.