JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    Last nite was a very stressful nite .. and as a result, I was awake until 5am. But ... I can only do so much, and I have to just turn this over to God. Hopefully our daughter will realize how much we love her, and hopefully the slight increase in her medications will also help.

So after having a couple of days where I totally just ignored what I eat .... today, I have a new resolve. I need to take care of myself. How can I be here for our daughter if I am gone ... or if I am super stressed out.

So I am starting a new "diet" plan ... at least to get me back going. I am going to try the low carb/high protein diet. I watch the show "the 600 pound life", and all of these people are put on high protein/low carb diets. While I know that long term this may not work for me, I need to do something to get myself going in a disciplined way. ( So last nite, instead of overeating, I looked for information, and recipes. Today was day 1 ... and I feel good. I kept my calories under 1200, but ate a lot of protein.
    Made this really good dish Chicken Cacciatiori recipe (and hubby loved it)! It was just chicken, diced tomatoes, green pepper, onion, and onion. Very low in calories .. and really good.
    And ... I got to the gym this morning! So today was a good day for me. Yes, I am worried sick about my daughter. I have been unable to reach her all day. But I have to take care of myself. I can only help her when she is ready to receive some help. So ... I can pray ... and I can take care of myself, so I can live as long as possible to be here for her.

My goals for tomorrow will be simple
    1. go to the gym (but stay away from my friend who was sneezing and coughing at the gym!
    2. log all food
    3. concentrate on water
    4. high protein/ low carbs. Try and keep carbs between 20-40
    5. turn over problems to God. Accept what I am unable to control

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Quick post before I get ready for work. Just done my workout which was a struggle as I slept so badly. Woke up at 2:30, gave up and came down to do some work and online grocery shopping! Upside is I got all this and a workout done before work, downside is I’ll be ready for lunch at 9am and a nap by 12!! 😬

Monday goals recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - Early to work: GaG cert, assembly props, m to stick in some work (please let me have a TA this week!! 🙏 ✅ but no TA again!! 😖😔
    - Finish phonics screening!❎ see above
    - Water!! Did not get enough this weekend ❎ not enough through the day but no time or cover to stop for bathroom breaks so probably for the best!
    - Re-read 2019 goals - stay mindful! ✅

Tuesday goals:
    - morning workout ✅
    - Online groceries ✅
    - Final props ✅
    - Early to work, start decorating hall and stick sheets in
    - Water!!!!!!
    - Run home lunchtime for car
    - Hot yoga after work? Only if everything’s prepped
    - Re-read 2019 goals, no stress snacking. Be calm
    - Early night (non-negotiable)

See you all on here later x
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited February 2019
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :neutral: We had some unplanned alcohol, it wasn't a great day and we wanted to go out to the pub to get out of the flat (I'd been stuck at home all day). We did stop at one drink though and didn't get crisps even though tempted
    - Be in the green :neutral: Just over, not really worth worrying about although had hoped to have mini deficit after exercising
    - 4 bottles water :smile:
    - No alcohol :/ As above
    - Do exercise DVD :smile:

- No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite :neutral: Breakfast and lunch yes, forgot by dinner! (Also, harder to concentrate on the food when eating with partner)
    - Monitor fullness after each meal :/ Forgot about this
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving :neutral: Didn't come up
    - Give myself credit! :neutral: Forgot about this

- 30+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - Meditate :smile:
    - Don't push myself too much at work :neutral: I think I took this too far, didn't actually push myself at all!
    - Stay calm :neutral: To some degree
    - French homework (evening) :/ Ok, have to recognise that I am never going to do this after work
    - Gratitude journal :smile:
    - Lights off by 11 :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in or very close to the green
    - 3+ bottles water
    - No alcohol

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Monitor fullness after each meal
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving
    - Give myself credit!

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Stay positive
    - Leave work by 7pm latest
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

Weekly calorie balance: 12 in red

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Woke up and can't get back to sleep. Cranky about it. :P
  • roundbutsound
    roundbutsound Posts: 18 Member
    Wow, some of you have some serious commitments! For today my goals are to walk 6000 steps and do at least 30 minutes exercise DVD. This will need to be in segments, so, 1500 steps followed by 10+ mins of DVD three times, then, if I haven't done enough steps in my normal day, a short walk in the evening to make up the number. Plus drink 1 litre of water (already measured into a bottle) in addition to my normal cups of tea.
  • 13ecca4
    13ecca4 Posts: 202 Member
    edited February 2019
    JFT – Monday
    Log all my food on MFP and stay under my calorie goal. ✅
    Eat veg at lunch and tea time. ✅
    Try and fit a gym session in tonight ❎ Didn't get round to this last night. I bought a Fitbit off someone off Facebook and by the time i'd picked it up and got back I was shattered and it was late

JFT - Tuesday
    Log all my food on MFP and stay under my calorie goal.
    Eat veg at lunch and tea time.
    Drink 2 of my big bottles of water
    30 minute dog walk (try out my new firbit :smirk: )
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Checking in from Monday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Coffee! Log 1 item. Take shoes! Warm car. Update JFT by 7 AM.
    2. Before school: EMAIL LESSON PLANS. PRINT. Update class websites. Update WLGs. Offer hugs as students enter/leave.
    3. Class 1-2: Go over WLGs. Collect PRs; sign off. Finish Minority Report. HW: Corruption / verb phrases.
    4. Planning: A - Draft Week 7-8. Read blog posts. B - Check library. Blog comment. SUBMIT ESSAYS FOR CONTEST. C - Lunch duty. Duo. Grade late work. D - Input grades. Blog post. List of works used for classes.
    5. Class 4: Go over WLGs. Chromebooks - paraphrasing and research.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Strength 4:30. Zumba 5:30. Lang8 journal entry.
    8. Therapy exercises. Prep Tue lunch: Saag. Prep cheese. Chop celery. Pack lunch bag. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

JFT Tuesday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Tea! Log 1 item. Update JFT by 7:00. Warm car.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Check WLGs. Update on board.
    3. Class 1-2: Students return work. New groups. Character analysis; Socratic discussion Weds. HW: Subject complements.
    4. Planning: A - Update Week 7-8 / Unit 3 plans and print. B - Lunch duty; grade classwork C - Enter grades. D - Two discussion comments. Blog post. Print materials for MLA practice.
    5. Class 4: Chromebooks - MLA formatting, research.
    6. Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Zumba 5:30. Lang8 post.
    8. Gratitude journal. Update Goodreads Friday. Write out References for reflection essay.
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Wed lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50. Friday - check in with dr. about progress on ankle.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    Today: 183.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Feb 7 12:00 w new. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for FTN (Feb?) Audition for Avenue Q March. Audition for Christie March. Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

@roundbutsound - I have a long list, but it's because I put an awful lot of little stuff on it that if I don't list, I'll forget.
    @mytime6630 - Good luck with low-carb! That was how we started out, and it helped me get used to making sure I met my protein goals, and to planning and tracking.
    @Faebert - Don't forget to breathe ;D days like that are hard but thankfully they're not all the time.

Managed to get about another hour. Think that'll let me make it through the day. Showed another drop this morning and I'm a little worried that it's because I'm getting sick. I was really drained at my workout last night and had trouble getting through it. I CAN NOT BE SICK. I have computer time scheduled, and a sub isn't allowed to monitor students' computer use, and if I let it go I may not get it back!

NOT. AN. OPTION. OKAY, BODY?
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    83sj3hcka32s.jpg
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Hello all.. Yesterday went pretty well and it was tempting to continue snacking last night but I restrained myself (which is a pretty big win for me, my self control is not great).

@Snowflake1968 strong curves is actually a book, it has a few different full body workouts that are somewhat glute focused

I am mentally beating myself up a little bit when it comes to exercise beyond just walking. I really want to regularly do some resistance training and I don't have the motivation to do so after work so my only option is really early in the morning. I used to be able to get up and do it but for some reason I can barely get up on time to get ready for work let alone an hour earlier to exercise. When I do get up that early then at night I pass out at like 8:30 (not voluntarily, it just happens) and don't get to spend much time with my husband after work, so it's a trade off I don't really want to make. I feel like I'm making excuses but I'm not really sure what the solution is.

Anyway, here's yesterday:

1. Stay within calories 😁 I was 2 calories over so I really don't count that
    2. Go for a walk on lunch break😁
    3. Leave work before 5:30😁
    4. Cook dinner😁

JFT 2/12:

1. Stay within calories
    2. Go for a walk on lunch break
    3. Leave work before 5:30
    4. Cook dinner
    5. Work on a drawing for my friend
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,304 Member
    JFT Monday 2/11

- Go to the gym before work - :) Good workout cario warm up followed by 45 minutes of upper body & core. Finished up with 10 min cooldown on the bike.
    - Protein bar and maybe fruit for breakfast. - :)
    - Get dog to the vet - :)
    - Don’t forget to pick up kid from crew at 6:00 (I normally don’t do this, but her car is in the shop). - :)
    - Get other kid to tennis at 8:00. - Tennis was canceled.
    - Figure out dinner with the kids being in and out. - Hubby made spaghetti, not very diet friendly, but portion control worked and even left room for homemade caramel ice cream.
    - Just generally pick myself up and dust me off. - :| Mostly, still fretting over poor choices over the weekend.

JFT Tuesday 2/12
    - Up early for the gym before work - :( Just couldn't get up at 4:00am today. Even took a nap and went to bed early. I'll try to throw some type of physical effort in this evening.
    - Straighten up the house a bit before work so the flooring people don't know I'm a slob. - :)
    - Weigh. I usually only weigh on Thursdays for a work challenge. I wanted to see if the water weight from my high sodium, high fat meal Sunday night had leveled out. :) Down 2 pounds from last week.
    - Breakfast fruit and protein bar - :)
    - Yay, random drug test at work - o:) Done
    - Perform a few audits at work, and review/modify some tech documents.
    - Exercise in the evening, just do something for at least 30 minutes.
    - Dinner with the family, high on veggies and protein low on grains/starches.
    - Stay awake and spend a little time with the hubby, he's getting needy.

Fact is, I'm really quite down about my meal choices and the ease at which I skip workouts. I tend to be an all or nothing girl, which makes this tough. I typically stay within calories, but know I'd be doing better and feeling better if my meal choices were healthier. This isn't a race and I don't want to remove all of the things I enjoy from my diet, but I need to find a better way to limit them. I have a history of losing and gaining back because I'm too strict when I lose. I hit maintenance I loosen up too much and slide back to where I was. I'm trying to learn moderation this time, but my hardcore side is fighting it. It's way easier to beat myself up than it is to give myself a pat on the back.

Sorry for whining...
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,304 Member
    @mytime6630 you and your daughter are in my prayers. You are 100% right in saying that you must take care of you in order to be there for her.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    JFT - Monday February 11 - Determined
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in Green - 🙂
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 0/5
    Only 1 evening Snack. - 🙂 NONE
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 😕 - no see below
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 🙂

JFT - Tuesday February 12 - Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

So our furnace woes lasted all day, all night and is still causing grief. We are pretty sure what it is and can find the part on Amazon, but are trying to find it locally. Hubby was going to change the battery in the car today because it was supposed to get up to -20 but again it’s -31!

I posted on Facebook asking for suggestions on where to find the part we need and a friend contacted me and asked if we had a heater in the event it went out completely. We don’t, so she very kindly brought hers to us. She stayed until 130 this morning. Hubby has been just getting the furnace going every time. He is scared without the heat vents under the trailer warming things up that our pipes will freeze. We’re trying to decide what to do, either order the part off Amazon or just call a repairman. My fear is he won’t be able to get it going one of these times.

It’s supposed to “warm up” to -20 tomorrow now so hopefully we can get the battery in then. We have to by Thursday for sure.

On a good note, I have parts cut for 55 wedding invitations, only 45 more to go!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    Nlmackey98- that is a big commitment for a 16 year old. It’s good she normally drives the other one around.
    You’re not whining, your just working through it. I have lost 30 pounds twice before but what I was doing wasn’t sustainable. This time I started last February and decided that I would make it something I would be willing to do long term. I have added more salads, fruits and vegetables to my diet, but still eat everything else I always ate in smaller portions. I have not gone crazy with exercise although I do try to walk daily. If I don’t, I don’t beat myself up for it. My loss is much slower, but I truly feel that this time I can keep going with it. I’m hovering right now at 25 lbs lost, give or take a bit depending on the day.

Toaljasa- you described life’s waves to a T. I am having so many blessings right now mixed in with all the other, the only thing to do is stay positive and believe God will provide.

Zizzybumble- I only forget to drink when I’m busy. I manage it really well all the other times. I found when I carry a bottle with me it helps to remember.

Frenchfancy2014 - hugs to you. Have you had your Father’s service? I hope you get some rest soon. I admire you for being on here through this. I used MFP when my Dad took sick and didn’t come on for 6 years after.

PackerfaninGB- maybe you’ll have to sleep at the airport so at least you’re there when the flight takes off! Hope you have a wonderful trip and enjoy the weather. I would love if my husband did something like that for me.

Maryrobinson40- those blackouts don’t sound good, has the doctor suggested what might be causing them?

Mytime6630 - I hope you have heard from your daughter by now, is it possible that she would just send an emoji or something a couple times a day so you know she’s ok, but she wouldn’t be forced to talk if she didn’t want to? This must be so difficult for you. I agree you need to take care of yourself to take care of her, it’s a terribly tough situation. Hugs.

Faebert - are you without a TA all week? I don’t know how you could function being up at 2!!!

Bookmeister86- eating with your partner and paying attention to him is more important in my opinion than savouring every bite.

Roundbutsound - you have a pretty remarkable goal list too!

Clicketykeys- hope you don’t get sick!

Aubyshortcake- I’ll look for the book, thank you. I have never been a morning person so I have never even attempted to get up early to exercise. I do all of mine in the evening. I too need to do something besides walking and have been putting it off. We can do this!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Nlmackey98- that is a big commitment for a 16 year old. It’s good she normally drives the other one around.
    You’re not whining, your just working through it. I have lost 30 pounds twice before but what I was doing wasn’t sustainable. This time I started last February and decided that I would make it something I would be willing to do long term. I have added more salads, fruits and vegetables to my diet, but still eat everything else I always ate in smaller portions. I have not gone crazy with exercise although I do try to walk daily. If I don’t, I don’t beat myself up for it. My loss is much slower, but I truly feel that this time I can keep going with it. I’m hovering right now at 25 lbs lost, give or take a bit depending on the day.

Toaljasa- you described life’s waves to a T. I am having so many blessings right now mixed in with all the other, the only thing to do is stay positive and believe God will provide.

Zizzybumble- I only forget to drink when I’m busy. I manage it really well all the other times. I found when I carry a bottle with me it helps to remember.

Frenchfancy2014 - hugs to you. Have you had your Father’s service? I hope you get some rest soon. I admire you for being on here through this. I used MFP when my Dad took sick and didn’t come on for 6 years after.

PackerfaninGB- maybe you’ll have to sleep at the airport so at least you’re there when the flight takes off! Hope you have a wonderful trip and enjoy the weather. I would love if my husband did something like that for me.

Maryrobinson40- those blackouts don’t sound good, has the doctor suggested what might be causing them?

Mytime6630 - I hope you have heard from your daughter by now, is it possible that she would just send an emoji or something a couple times a day so you know she’s ok, but she wouldn’t be forced to talk if she didn’t want to? This must be so difficult for you. I agree you need to take care of yourself to take care of her, it’s a terribly tough situation. Hugs.

Faebert - are you without a TA all week? I don’t know how you could function being up at 2!!!

Bookmeister86- eating with your partner and paying attention to him is more important in my opinion than savouring every bite.

Roundbutsound - you have a pretty remarkable goal list too!

Clicketykeys- hope you don’t get sick!

Aubyshortcake- I’ll look for the book, thank you. I have never been a morning person so I have never even attempted to get up early to exercise. I do all of mine in the evening. I too need to do something besides walking and have been putting it off. We can do this!

@Snowflake1968 I haven't discussed those with my primary care doc yet...only because it didn't start
    getting worse until the last time I saw her and it's not time for my next appointment yet. I intend to
    then. Love you Sis.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    @snowflake1968 Thought of you!
    m7yn99df1nnp.png
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,060 Member
    @PackerFanInGB you were right, i had pizza! 🐟🐟 <- hope you get what that means LOL!

@mytime6630 its so lovely you have so much faith in me! Unfortunately i have to disappoint you! Think I need my diet coach back!!! ❤
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,358 Member
    @maryrobinson and @toaljasa love your images - they are great, and I'm stealing them for other places.
    @snowflake1968 Are there any wholesale appliance parts places around? Sometimes they'll sell parts to the public, so faster than amazon and without the repairman charge.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Tuesday 12 February

Apparently I got distracted and did not post goals this morning but they were in my head!

Log accurately :| not sure as I was eating out so its a guess
    Stay in the green :| Close- depends on how good my guesses were!
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge :)
    February challenge :)

@snowflake1968 I can sit with a bottle of water next to me and still forget to drink! I think I am getting better though so perhaps a habit is beginning to form.
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    @Snowflake1968 thank you 😊 it’s hard but getting by. Funeral is next week - eulogy not written yet but most other things sorted now. Trying to keep going but funeral will bring it all home. 😢 but i promised myself I need this to not use the excuse of my dad’s death to put weight in but use it instead as to do something positive and lose weight ❤️
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    to "cschmitz110515;c-43300681"
    You have really lost a lot of weight since you started a "while" back. It looks as if your MO is "slow and steady wins the race". Congratulations. You are so brave and methodical to list the weight loss week by week.