Battling temptations

Day 1 again! Last year I successfully lost 15 pounds. I gained it all back plus 10 because I stopped doing what I know works...counting calories and exercising. I need help walking away from sugar!!

Replies

• takay78
    takay78 Posts: 7 Member
    I need the same help!!!!!! It’s like I’ve started going crazy for sweets ugh
  • AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Takay78 I hear you about craving sweets! I have been eating alot of Ghiradelli squares and sugar free chocolate pudding! I heard dark chocolate is actually more healthy for you!
  • MamaBear517
    MamaBear517 Posts: 24 Member
    Last week I committed myself to logging everything I ate for 7 days in a row no matter what - the good, the bad... the date night buffet 😬 I was less inclined to grab a chocolate here and there when I knew I had to log it. It also encouraged me to make some swaps for fewer calories/better nutrients. Now that that week is up, I’m actually craving pears and a salad for lunch today - not chocolate (my fave!) or soda (which I used to crave A LOT but have limited myself to one per week over the last couple months). Day 1 I was inspired. Days 2 and 3 I felt discouraged at the long road ahead. Days 4 and 5 I figured I’d made it half way I may as well stick to my commitment. By day 7 I couldn’t believe how quickly the week had gone by and what a HUGE difference it made in my cravings!!! Stick with it! It’ll be worth it! I hope you don’t mind if I add you as a friend 🤗
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,304 Member
    I'm back again too. for the third time (160 to 109), (145 to 120) now (148 to ?)... Yep, I'm an all or nothing person. I tend to go too hard or too extreme and then when I hit my goal, I stop doing everything that got me there and start gaining back. Then as I gain back, my pride starts to keep me out of the gym or from hanging with my fit friends. I really hate for anyone to see me fall down.

Of course, I've been on the other end of this as well. I've been the fit friend whose pal has faltered. I don't judge them, I just try to get them back in the fold. This is probably true for my fit friends. They are first and foremost friends who just what to see me happy and healthy.

This go around, I'm working on moderation. I need a few honest folks on here that will tell me when I've tipped from working hard to being extreme. Extreme just isn't maintainable.
  • takay78
    So u think u over do it?
  • takay78
    April ok thank u I hadn’t thought about that.... I’ll do that
  • allisone423
    allisone423 Posts: 14 Member
    Thank you all for responding and making me feel like I’m definitely not alone. We cannot do this alone. We have to want it ourselves. Day two for me was good. I ate well...I did pick up a candy bar (yum!), looked at the calories and put it back in my desk drawer at work. I rode my bike for 30 minutes and burned 380 calories. YouTube has great indoor cycling training.