Meal Preppers! What are you cooking this week?

Replies

• gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    mgranai701 wrote: »
    Planning out this weeks meals to be cooked on Monday evening.

Breakfast-
    A: Ground turkey and egg white scramble
    Me: hashbrown Egg nests

Lunch-
    Honey Sriracha Meatballs w/ coconut milk jasmine rice (I think @gallicinvasion and I have the same pinterest boards lol)

Dinner-
    Garlic butter steak and zucchini bite

Snacks-
    A: Honey Lime tilapia w/ steamed broccoli
    Me: Roast beef and colby cheese sandwiched in cucumber slices, bell peppers and hummus, HB eggs

THOSE MEATBALLS WERE SO AMAZING enjoy!
  • Mollyeverino
    Mollyeverino Posts: 22 Member
    @gallicinvasion I’ve made them a few times before and we love them in our house!
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    I have no idea. By iit will include ghost peppers and Carolina Reaper peppers. :D
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    For lunch this week I'm prepping a Southwest bbq tofu salad! It'll be a kind of assemble-each-morning thing on the way out the door. c:
    We don't usually prep dinners, but for dinners this week we're having stuffed shells, maple-dijon chicken + veggie, and making homemade pizza together on Valentine's!
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Breakfast: lazy and just doing instant oatmeal
    Lunch: I made egg salad (standard recipe) and will use a Sandwich Thin to make a sandwich. I cut up grapes and strawberries for a fruit salad
    Dinners: (i'll be having this 3 times this week) roasted chicken thighs with a honey garlic sauce, roasted baby carrots and broccoli with it
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    This week I have gone a little lazy and just made some Olive Tapenade to spread on toast for lunch, but it is quite delicious. Just black and green pitted olives, sundried tomatoes, 3 cloves of garlic, a squeeze of lemon juice and a slosh of the oil that the sundried tomatoes were in (which had oregano, garlic, salt & black pepper).

Should keep well because of the salt and oil, so having that Mon, Weds & Fri for lunch this week and then will probably have some more over the weekend.

I have soup, mini-naan breads(shop bought for work lunches today and Thursday).

I have various popcorn/skips/nuts pre-weighed in a snack basket along with some pre-portioned cheese/crackers and a pack of apples.

Dinner last night was Pan Fried Chicken Dinner.

I am clearing out my freezer this week of a few random bits and pieces like Yorkshire puddings and Fishfingers before I go back into full on Meal prep mode. Hoping to get myself a Chest Freezer next month to make a bit more room for my prepped stuff because I eat so much better when I have something I can just quickly defrost that I make over the weekend.

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I'm shopping later today for the next couple of days worth of prep, and am planning some chicken meatballs and using up some garbanzos and will probably make some canned tuna salad - shouldn't be too involved this time as I also have cooked rice and quick pasta. I think all I have to do is the meatballs, one meal of potatoes and broc/sprouts.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Last night I made these Israeli couscous bowls that I loaded with sweet potatoes, black beans, corn, spinach, feta, sunflower seeds, and a drizzle of an avocado sauce. That made 4 portions which I'll eat for dinner through Thursday.

I also made a week's worth of hardboiled eggs that I'll supplement my breakfast with.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    We eat chicken and ground beef often and shop on Saturday. Sunday I portion out the meat in amounts to make main dishes for that week and put all but one in the freezer. This Saturday I made a low calorie soup and portioned it out into about 3 cups each small container and froze 2 to use during the week. This morning I made 3 salads: one for me for lunch, one for my husband, and another for tomorrow for me. So I would say I do my meal prepping throughout the beginning of the week.

Our three main dishes this week are:
    Tostada quiche
    Stir fry chicken
    Sloppy joes (browned and spiced ground beef and a sauce I make from scratch)

Since there are only 2 of us, the 3 main dishes are enough for the week. I always make enough for leftovers for a second day.

Always add a salad or a cooked vegetable. I use frozen vegetables often. This week we are having the soup with our dinners.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,455 Member
    I haven't been to the store yet this week, looking through this thread for some good ideas for the remainder of the week's dinners.

We tend to be on a fairly consistent rotation of some sort of pasta, some sort of stir fry, some sort of roasted/grilled protein with easy sides

Last week for dinners we did:
    Sunday: Jerk Pork Tenderloin with Black Beans & Rice and Green Beans
    Monday: Pasta with shrimp, zucchini and asparagus with a garlic olive oil sauce
    Tuesday: Sunday's Pork Tenderloin meal
    Wednesday: Pulled pork from freezer with a ready made side of mac & cheese and roasted carrots
    Thursday: Pasta with chicken, asparagus and zucchini in a creamy tomato sauce
    Friday : Pizza
    Saturday: Stirfry with chicken, zucchini and snap peas over rice

Most of them made enough to be repurposed into lunches for me and/or husband at work. It's funny you guys call that meal prepping. I call it eating up leftovers. #marketing

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,455 Member
    kali31337 wrote: »
    Last night I made these Israeli couscous bowls that I loaded with sweet potatoes, black beans, corn, spinach, feta, sunflower seeds, and a drizzle of an avocado sauce. That made 4 portions which I'll eat for dinner through Thursday.

I also made a week's worth of hardboiled eggs that I'll supplement my breakfast with.

Those sound amazing and I have some couscous in my pantry that I've been trying to decide what to do with. Do you have a recipe or just throw it together?
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    kali31337 wrote: »

Those sound amazing and I have some couscous in my pantry that I've been trying to decide what to do with. Do you have a recipe or just throw it together?

Yes the recipe came from here https://cookieandkate.com/2015/southwestern-kale-power-salad/

I don't love quinoa so I used the Israeli couscous instead and then subbed out the kale for spinach!
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    I'm still dabbling at this meal prep thing. Mostly just planning our menu ahead and making sure we have something cooked or ready to cook so we don't make bad choices. Plus my guy is picky. Here is what I came up with this week.
    Breakfast: I've been skipping it lately but next week I'm trying the egg muffins.
    Lunch (for me): Taco Soup/chopped raw bell peppers/portioned out mixed nuts.
    Dinner for Mon/Tues: Hamburger patties/tortilla shells/bacon/ranch dressing (patty wraps).
    Dinner for Wed/Thurs: Chicken breast grilled/veggies (from the freezer) on the side.
    Dinner for Friday: Take out from our favorite BBQ restaurant (BBQ beef/baked potato/small salad).
    Saturday & Sunday: Has eluded me at the moment. My guy will not eat the same thing more than two days in a row so I'm still working on the menu.

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Here's my prep haul for today - curious what other people would do with these ingredients! I have a plan but what would you do with this and your own standard pantry items?

8phb3xzj0ib2.jpeg

• TerylOz
    TerylOz Posts: 10 Member
    I raised a family of 5 kids so I was used to cooking big meals. Now that I'm alone, I dont cook quite as much but I always cook more than one meals worth, so I eat some & freeze some with everything I cook. That way I keep a selection of frozen meals at the ready for when I don't have time or are too tired to cook.
  • Mollyeverino
    Steff46 wrote: »
    My guy will not eat the same thing more than two days in a row so I'm still working on the menu.

Have you checked out Fitmencook or Buzzfeed’s Tasty? They both have options to make a big batch of veggies and proteins but put them together so that the meals are different every day.

Our meals this week are just some tried and tries meals that I make often.

Breakfast:
    A- ground turkey, scrambled egg whites, hash browns
    Me- roast w/ tomatoes, avocado, broiled cheese and an egg

Lunch:
    Firecracker chicken w/ coconut rice and sautéed veggies

Dinner:
    Honey lime tilapia with broccoli

Snacks:
    A- ground sirloin w/ ragu and pita chips
    Me- deli turkey slices, garlic & feta stuffed olives, pepper jack cheese cubes, and buffalo pretzel chips
  • wandering44
    wandering44 Posts: 27 Member
    My husband and I are on the keto diet. He is eating one meal per day (dinner) and I am eating breakfast and dinner. I have great keto recipes for ground beef Mexican casserole, chicken Florentine, chicken or turkey salsa verde, eggplant parmesan with pork sausage, beef goulash, and several others. I make enough for 4 servings at least so I can freeze a dinner size portion. If I make something with soft vegetables, i.e. the beef goulash, I dish out the portion to be frozen and add the zucchini to the dinner we are eating. I really don't like vegetables that are frozen in a dish. If anyone wants any of these recipes let me know and I can copy and paste them.
  • Mollyeverino
    Getting myself together and planning for this next week so I can do everything on time!

Breakfast:
    A- Ground turkey, egg whites, and hashbrowns (this guy can literally eat the same thing every day and never get tired of any of it lol)
    Me-Hummus, avocado and tomato english muffins

Lunch:
    Chili lime baked chicken, green beans and I will have quinoa w/mine but he won't.

Dinner:
    Poached salmon in coconut lime sauce with jasmine rice

Snacks:
    A-slow cooker beef and broccoli
    Me-yogurts, protein box (turkey, cheese, pickles, crackers), apples, oranges
  • Love_2_Hike
    Love_2_Hike Posts: 103 Member
    edited February 2019
    This is me for the week.
    Breakfast- Yopro, blueberries, breakfast booster & banana
    Snack - nectarine, homemade protein snacks
    Lunch - Roast Veggie quinoa salad with kale and spinach

• lcdube01
    lcdube01 Posts: 23 Member
    I love prepping my lunches! Why did I never do this before?? This week I'm having meatballs and zoodles AND honey soy chicken and rice. I find choosing two meals and alternating makes it so easy and i can focus on making something really nice