Men & Women in their 50s starting anew in 2019!

Replies

• BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    That's awesome, @fishgutzy! Good for you both!
  • MaureenInCS
    MaureenInCS Posts: 1 Member
    Can I still join? I'm Maureen from Colorado Springs, Colorado - now in Kentucky. Lost a buttload of weight 5 years ago on a high protein diet and I (stop me if you've heard this before) gained it all back, and more. I am now 57 and I have MS, a husband, a teenage daughter and a dog. I work full-time, have difficulty walking but need to exercise - and need some accountability and support to *REALLY* make a life change this time. Glad you're all here!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    fishgutzy wrote: »
    My wife and I are bowling in a league for the first time. She just turned 60. Im 58.
    She finally got wil enough with Humira to bowl again. Now she really loves it. I had always enjoyed bowling but didn't go much in the last decade because she couldn't.
    And Sunday we signed up for a second league. Bowling Sunday and Tuesday in leagues. And several other days for practice. :);)B)

Love this! Have fun Guys!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Can I still join? I'm Maureen from Colorado Springs, Colorado - now in Kentucky. Lost a buttload of weight 5 years ago on a high protein diet and I (stop me if you've heard this before) gained it all back, and more. I am now 57 and I have MS, a husband, a teenage daughter and a dog. I work full-time, have difficulty walking but need to exercise - and need some accountability and support to *REALLY* make a life change this time. Glad you're all here!

Hi Maureen! I live in Colorado Springs now. Two teenage boys and a dog :) Great group of supportive peeps here.
  • BonnieHosk85
    @MaureenInCS, welcome! I have RA and plantar fasciitis so have trouble walking as well. I bought a used recumbent bike a couple of years ago and after using it to hold my coats I now ride it for a minimum of 20 minutes a day. It's easy on the knees and stable.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    @MaureenInCS, welcome! I have RA and plantar fasciitis so have trouble walking as well. I bought a used recumbent bike a couple of years ago and after using it to hold my coats I now ride it for a minimum of 20 minutes a day. It's easy on the knees and stable.

Swimming is great for a no impact full body workout too. If you have a Y near you, check it ot if you can.
    My wife has spondyloarthritis. Deep water aerobics classes really help her with mobility, strength, and endurance.
  • BonnieHosk85
    So sorry she's dealing with that, @fishgutzy.
  • Finishiitnow
    Finishiitnow Posts: 896 Member
    I am starting back up again this week. I'm not up to my highest weight ever thank god, but I have gained weight over the winter and holidays. I'd love to have some accountability for exercise and diet, and feedback. Just turning 50 this coming year -- hope that qualifies me!

Very good luck in this journey.
  • PartyPerson
    PartyPerson Posts: 116 Member
    Been feeling really sorry for myself lately, so am a bit quiet. Once I snap out of my fugue. I'll start posting again - please bear with me.
  • 11Templars
    11Templars Posts: 444 Member
    Hey, y'all! It's Hump Day!

Celebrating a bit here! Saw 199.5 on the scale this morning. Onederland at last! Now to take up permanent residence there. HAHA! :)

Great Job Steve!
  • Havetobme
    Havetobme Posts: 3 Member
    Can I join? I recently turned 50. I started working out again 5 to 6 days a week. I could use the support. I've joined a group who does weekly Fitbit challenges to keep me on target.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Havetobme wrote: »
    Can I join? I recently turned 50. I started working out again 5 to 6 days a week. I could use the support. I've joined a group who does weekly Fitbit challenges to keep me on target.

You're in! Just keep posting here. Welcome!
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member

Celebrating a bit here! Saw 199.5 on the scale this morning. Onederland at last! Now to take up permanent residence there. HAHA! :)

Excellent! Hard work pays off!
  • NCBlessings
    NCBlessings Posts: 35 Member

Congrats! 🎉😁
  • BonnieHosk85
    Congrats on onederland, @alteredsteve175!!
  • kedmondson266
    kedmondson266 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm in!
  • 11Templars
    11Templars Posts: 444 Member
    Good Afternoon everyone. What's everyone got on their agenda to reach their goals for today?

I've got Upper body lifts in the Gym and then 30 min Light Cardio.
  • Sherbear70
    Sherbear70 Posts: 2 Member
    I need some weight loss buddies that are willing to check in each day for accountability and ideas. Help please!